PDA

View Full Version : Need Help

Honza
04-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Hello,

When I am on my new laptop and I'm trying to view a thread something funny happens.

When I select (click on) the "go to last post" of a thread I often don't end up at the last post at all, but somewhere in the middle of the thread instead.

Does anyone know why that should be happening? It does not happen on my older laptop.

Thankyou.

mattie
04-01-2012, 09:55 AM
What ‘Display Mode’ (top right by ‘Rate Thread’) are you in? I don’t see ‘Go to last post’ in any of the options. In ‘Linear Mode’ it gives a ‘View First Unread’ option while in ‘Threaded Mode’ it gives a ‘Prev/Next.’ In ‘Hybrid Mode’ one just clicks on the desired post.

Does it happen w/ different posts? In different Display Modes?

It might be useful to call the customer service for the OS. Sometimes these are accessible for an initial period after purchase.

Honza
04-01-2012, 05:34 PM
The "go to last post" is attached to each seperate thread in the forum proper. It is the little square which is next to the last person who posted.

I've just deleted my browsing history, so that might have some effect.

Honza
04-01-2012, 05:47 PM
Deleting the browsing history didn't help. I'm still ending up in the middle of threads when I select "go to last post".

Honza
04-01-2012, 05:52 PM
It does it when I'm logged out as well.....how strange.

Adrienne
04-01-2012, 05:57 PM
maybe there is a message for you on those middle of the threads, that you are supposed to read ?

Honza
05-01-2012, 03:36 AM
maybe there is a message for you on those middle of the threads, that you are supposed to read ?

That is the pseudo-spiritual way of looking at it lol. But I keep coming back to the same spot over and over again, so how many times am I supposed to read that message?

Any mods have any ideas as to why it might be happening. Are there any settings that need changing?

innerlight
05-01-2012, 04:05 AM
I don't think there is any setting that would help.. It could be the browser you are using on your laptop. Or it could be the mouse that is not working properly and is clicking in a different spot then what you are actually trying to click.

My net book is notorious for doing all types of goofy things with its build in mouse.

Honza
05-01-2012, 05:32 AM
Okay thanks innerlight.

mattie
05-01-2012, 06:30 AM
I’m still not finding the ‘go to last post’ anywhere on the forum page in the posts or the list of posts.

Since you just got your laptop you might exchange it for another one to see if this is a glitch w/ the equipment. Or try plugging in a mouse & seeing if you get the same issue w/ redirecting you to the middle of the threads. Most laptops have a port for a mouse. If you still have the same issue w/ pluging in a mouse it is likely the touchpad on the laptop isn't the issue. Or if you bought it from a local supplier take it back, showing them what you’re getting.

I once had a problem (Mac) that was that was fixed by clearing the cache for the internet browsing.