PDA

View Full Version : My first pendulum

journeyofone
04-01-2012, 03:21 AM
I just bought my first pendulum and have been practicing with it. As with anything new I am using it too much and asking many of the same questions over. I have noticed that a yes I got on one day is a no on another.

It has been great to read through this section of the forum to get some info on how to use the pendulum. I have already found that I so influence the results and receive the answer that I want it to be.

I guess I am still unclear as to what the pendulum really divines - our higher consciousness or guidance from beyond etc.

So much to learn so little time!! :angel1:

Saphira
05-01-2012, 04:26 AM
some say that it connects with the subconscious mind. other say it comes from a higher power, a divine source. Others say that pendulums respond to electromagnetic energy that radiates from everything on Earth.
i'm not sure which is it, but i tend toward a higher power. but as Thomas Edison is said to have replied when asked about electricity: "I don't know what it is, but it's there, let's use it."
personally, i've not much success with it, apparently i influence it too much. i'm stuck on trying to get past that right now.

StraysBeginn
07-01-2012, 01:48 AM
I got my first probably the same time, on last Thursday. I've been having a ball with it!! It took me a day to get any response out of it, but by evening I had it fully working and answering questions with a wild swing that I DID NOT anticipate. The answers blow my mind, and I know that most of them at least are correct. I do a lot of cross checking and rephrasing, I write the answers down and point it and ask: "Is this correct?"

I have gotten some very disappointing answers too, such that I did not want to hear, (such as my twin soul being on a significantly lower soul age level meaning that It Will Not Happen with him) and others, but also I've received such amazing answers to questions that I didn't even think of asking at first.

I love everything about the pendulum. I've never felt the need to use things like Tarot or who knows what people use, but as soon as I thought of getting a pendulum, I felt that was the right tool for me, and oh I do love it! I love the way it trembles when waiting for a question, or rocks backwards and forwards with no movement in my hand - To create a similar swing knowingly, I have to move my hand quite a bit, so it's not my hand moving it.

I guess what I'd like to tell you, Journeyofone, is that relax. Just trust it, and remind yourself not to move your hand. Also check that you're not obstructing the string in any way by the way you hold it. Practise the swing without questions, to see how it swings freely to know what you have to do in order to manually make it do the swing it does while dowsing.

This has been the most exciting few days I've had in my life! \o/ :D

helygen
08-01-2012, 02:41 PM
I love my pendulum too. Lots of answers that I have to wait and see if theyre accurate or not. Just starting to lea the Tarot cards now. IN fact Im having a go at everything or how will I learn where my talents lie.

StraysBeginn
10-01-2012, 05:27 AM
A great resource for beginners... Oh I can't send links yet... Well, google Letter To Robin and you'll find it. A great ebook about dowsing. More practical than spiritual (finding water and the sort) but with a great system to make your dowsing more precise and accurate by setting up an agreement with your guides and who ever is assisting you so that you'll clearly inform them that your own wishes, hopes and preconceptions should not be allowed to control the pendulum. Pretty clever stuff! :)

journeyofone
14-01-2012, 04:07 AM
A great resource for beginners... Oh I can't send links yet... Well, google Letter To Robin and you'll find it. A great ebook about dowsing. More practical than spiritual (finding water and the sort) but with a great system to make your dowsing more precise and accurate by setting up an agreement with your guides and who ever is assisting you so that you'll clearly inform them that your own wishes, hopes and preconceptions should not be allowed to control the pendulum. Pretty clever stuff! :)

Thanks - I will check it out. I have been practicing with my pendulum and what started out as no is now yes. I always ask each time I try and it had been consistent then just changed.

Solitary Faery
16-01-2012, 09:27 AM
Congratulations! I LOVE pendulums! What kind did you get? What does it look like? Also, a little tip on the influencing the answer thing - try to ask the question and then just go into a meditative state in which you clear your emotions entirely. That way your feelings about the question or how you're feeling in general at the current moment won't affect it as much. Also keep a running journal and if you notice that you're getting a lot of accuracy, try to figure out what you're doing during those sessions of accuracy that make them different from the times when you get inaccurate answers. If you can pinpoint that, it may be your best key to figuring out how to get real, solid answers every single time.

~~Solitary Faery~~

journeyofone
18-01-2012, 03:51 AM
Congratulations! I LOVE pendulums! What kind did you get? What does it look like? Also, a little tip on the influencing the answer thing - try to ask the question and then just go into a meditative state in which you clear your emotions entirely. That way your feelings about the question or how you're feeling in general at the current moment won't affect it as much. Also keep a running journal and if you notice that you're getting a lot of accuracy, try to figure out what you're doing during those sessions of accuracy that make them different from the times when you get inaccurate answers. If you can pinpoint that, it may be your best key to figuring out how to get real, solid answers every single time.

~~Solitary Faery~~

My first pendulum is a metal one - I wanted to start with something simple and then I'm sure down the road I will want to get a crystal one. I will try what you suggested for sure - thanks.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Neat! Sounds really cool :) I used to have a metal one with a fairy indented/shaped on it. And in fact, it happened to be my first and it was metal, too. That's just a coincidence though, lol.

Adrienne
I just bought my first pendulum and have been practicing with it. As with anything new I am using it too much and asking many of the same questions over. I have noticed that a yes I got on one day is a no on another.

hi journeyofone,

I have heard one shouldn't keep asking the pendulum the same question over and over.

Each time I start, I ask my pendulum which way for yes/ no/ maybe/ and noreply swings. I always get the same directions. And when it is really excited about an answer it swings really fast ! And there have also been times, when it doesn't swing at all.

Dream Angel xx

Solitary Faery
What kind of suspension are you using? Cord? Chain?

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 03:59 AM
hi journeyofone,

I have heard one shouldn't keep asking the pendulum the same question over and over.

Each time I start, I ask my pendulum which way for yes/ no/ maybe/ and noreply swings. I always get the same directions. And when it is really excited about an answer it swings really fast ! And there have also been times, when it doesn't swing at all.

Dream Angel xx

Yeah, you definitely shouldn't keep asking the same question over and over again. In fact, sometimes if you ask after a few lack of responses, "Is it okay if I ask...?" It will swing to no. I don't know why this is... I always give my pendulums instructions that they're only to answer and advise me for my better good, so perhaps maybe they won't answer certain questions because they would be more harmful than helpful. Also, like, DreamAngel said, every time you begin a session, ask which direction is yes. Then tell it, "Stop." Then ask which direction is no. Again, tell it to stop. Then ask, "May I ask a question?" If it swings to yes, go ahead. If it swings to no, then end your session and try again another time.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:04 AM
oh yes, thanks for the reminder to say " stop " between the questions. I do, I just forgot to mention that part. I remember the first time I told the pendulum to stop, I was amazed how quickly it did.

One time I talked a friend of mine into purchasing a pendulum.She chose the pendulum. She took it home and couldn't get it to swing at all ! :icon_eek: so then I tried, same thing... It just didn't swing. She took it back to the store,and decided maybe she wasn't meant to have a pendulum.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:14 AM
I've found that some pendulums just won't respond. Almost like they're refusing. I'm not sure why. Because at the same time, you can take a paperclip and put it on the end of some thread or tie thread to a coin or an earring and have a make-do pendulum that will work just fine. So obviously it's not the material it's made of... I don't know what it is exactly.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:17 AM
In just the last couple weeks, I bought a new pendulum, actually, and it wouldn't swing for me. It's a large piece of dark, tumbled amethyst in a round-ish arrow shape and hangs from a metal chain with another piece of amethyst as the ball for holding it at the end. I was pretty disappointed and decided I'd just use my rose quartz. All of a sudden, I had this urge to use the amethyst and all of a sudden it started working like crazy - swinging powerfully. I wonder if it sensed that I had given up on it and was going to give it away, not use it, use another pendulum over it? Lol. I know this is strange, to suggest that an inanimate object has some sort of consciousness, but that's definitely what it seemed like. Now I love that pendulum and I even carry it around in my pocket sometimes just to have it near me.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Yes, I found it very strange about the non responding. That has never happened to me before. Funny thing is when we were in that store, I was also looking at pendulums, not that I needed another one, I have about 3 or 4, but for some reason this one with a dragon on it caught my attention. I told myself no, I didn't need it, but for some reason I was feeling differently.. like I did need it, so I gave in and purchased it. The salesperson usually asks what color velvet pouch you want to go with your pendulum and before I could answer, the color " black " came out of my mouth ! :icon_eek: Which surprised me as I usually choose blue. Strange I thought and then as I tried the pendulum out, I was swinging it upside down :tongue: I felt so dumb, lol ! I knew the dragon part wasn't the actual pendulum.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Very interesting on your new amethyst pendulum. Sometimes I do believe they have a mind of their own ! :D

My first and favorite pendulum was actually a necklace with a medallion. I had been here in the wee hours of the am reading about pendulums and wanted to try this. Of course, all the stores were closed, so I checked out my jewelry box and found the perfect necklace that would work.

I used it a few times, then when I went to wear the necklace for work one day, the medallion broke ! :icon_eek: I could still wear the necklace as it had a double medallion piece, then the chain broke ! :icon_eek: I took those as a sign that my necklace now preferred to be used as a pendulum !

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:27 AM

were you asking journeyof one this question ?

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:32 AM
I have three. Each for a different purpose based on the stone. I have the amethyst one I mentioned for spirituality, enlightenment, feminine/moon energy and for issues in my spiritual life. I have a rose quartz with chakra beads along the chain which I use for anything relationship related as rose quartz is very emotional and having to do with peoples' interactions with one another. My third one is tiger's eye and I use it for clarity, "open eye," seeing through illusions and delusions, and for grounding. So I use the tiger's eye for advice on things I'm upset about and need grounding and clarity about, the rose quartz for advice in my love relationships, and the amethyst for things of spiritual nature and also when asking about my physical health.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:33 AM
were you asking journeyof one this question ?

Yeah, I was. Some people really like cord but I find that it's stiff and harder to see small motions with as compared to using metal chains.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:33 AM
So you store your pendulums in those little velvet bags?

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:39 AM
Yeah, I was. Some people really like cord but I find that it's stiff and harder to see small motions with as compared to using metal chains.

Most of mine have metal chains, I have one crystal one on a cord. It seems my preference is the metal chains.

I store two of my pendulums in the velvet pouches, the dragon one in the black velvet and a citrine crystal one on a gold chain in a blue velvet pouch. My necklace one I carry with me in my special purse compartment and I have one more, I think it is in a box with my feathers.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:40 AM
I have a velvet bag for each of my pendulums, but I mainly use those for when I'm traveling with them or carrying them in my pocket. At home, I store them in glass crystal and thought amplifying pyramids. They're made by Kheops International and they're glass art. They're about two inches and one side of the pyramid has a little door that opens. Inside is a mirror on the bottom. The mirror, when you close it, creates a reflection of the pyramid shape so you get, like, an obelisk, sort of. People use these to charge and amplify crystals, seeds, vitamins and other things. They're sold and advertised as wishing pyramids. They come with a little insert that says to write your wish on a piece of paper and put it inside the pyramid, concentrate on your wish three times a day for seven days and it will manifest. Obviously, this rarely ever works, lol. I bought my first one hoping that it would do just that (I was 15, I think). Later, I realized they make the perfect homes for my pendulums. I put the tiger's eye inside my green as that stone and color correspond with each other. I put my rose quartz with the chakra beads inside one that reflects cobalt blue with pink and green and has a crescent moon on the front. The chakra stones and the multicolored flashes match well. Then I keep the amethyst one inside a color their company titles "moon glass" (kind of a white iridescent - the color of a full moon) because amethyst has a correspondence to the moon, femininity and the color white symbolizes purity and spirituality.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:44 AM
For a minute there, if the wishing pryamids did work... you had me wanting to run right out and purchase one, lol ! I know, too easy , just think if everyone had those wishing pyramids and all those wishes come true flying thru the air, the wishes just might go to the wrong people ! :icon_eek: :tongue:

Ohh I do like the idea of storing your pendulums in the pyramids. I have heard of the energy of the pyramids, thanks for the idea ! Question would be .. .now where to put these pyramids. I am running out of places, as I have Angels all over.

My goodness, you do type fast ! I am exhausted just keeping up with you, just kidding ! :D My fingers are getting good exercise.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:46 AM
Those pyramids are sold on eBay and also all over the web in online metaphysical stores. I don't know of any actual physical locations that stock them anymore and unfortunately, you can't order them from Kheops International's site as they only do wholesale. I just bought two on eBay, a white iridescent one for a friend, and the cobalt one with the crescent moon on it that I mentioned - no problems. However in the last week, I ordered another moon colored one as mine is breaking down from age (chipping, the mirror is peeling, etc.), and I placed my order with this online zen store. Anyway, I got my receipt through PayPal but have not heard anything from the merchant. It wouldn't have arrived yet, but for some reason I have this bad feeling that I may have just given my money to someone or something that doesn't really exist. Maybe I should ask my pendulum.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 04:53 AM
I have tons of trinkets and stuff, too and am also running out of space. The pyramids come in several sizes though - 2''x2'' inch are the smallest, and then I think they have some which are 4 or maybe 6 inches. I've never been interested in the bigger ones as they're just really big and I don't have anything that big that I'd need to store inside. The small 2 inch ones fit two pendulums at most and are small enough that they're pretty easy to find a place for. I'd really recommend buying them from the eBay user catsmagick. Her store is called Cat's Magical Shoppe. The reason I mention her is because I've done business with this person many times on eBay and always gotten excellent service, fast shipping, good pricing etc., and nowadays, it's just so sketchy to give out your money to a random source... Gee, like I just did! I've emailed the woman and she's not written me back. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my money was stolen. That wasn't on eBay though. I just retardedly typed "buy wishing pyramid, moon glass" into a Google search and then bought from the first store that came up without actually doing any research to find out if they were legit or not.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 04:58 AM
Thanks for your recommendation of the person on Ebay. Sorry to hear about the possibility of your not getting your last pyramid order, maybe there is just a time delay ?

There is a new age shop where I purchase my crystals and pendulums, maybe I will look there and see if they have any such pyramids. I usually don't look around at the other items available, I go right to the crystals. I have bought a card deck there, but usually I get those from my fave bookstore, which I am trying to stay out of at the moment as usually too many items there are " speaking " to me when I visit.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 05:00 AM
Yeah, sorry, I do type REALLY fast. Be glad we're not in live chat, lol. I also text really quickly, too. Ironically, I was never taught how to hold my pen/pencil correctly and so I hold it in a way that causes terrible aching after only a few minutes plus it's a slow process and the final product comes out messy. Cursive? I won't even go there! Anyway, I've gotten very good with the keyboard because I've been using it for years for literally everything that a person would use a pen or pencil for. At one point, I was even exploring the concept of automatic writing with the computer - which does work, by the way. I wouldn't really recommend automatic writing to anyone though to be honest as it is a process of giving spirits even more permission than with the ouija board. You are allowing them to possess your hands and use them as a tool to write/type. Very dangerous. Only people who are really skilled and bold in studying and mastering channeling should get involved with ouija or automatic writing - in my opinion.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 05:06 AM
no problem on the fast typing, I was just kidding ! :D funny you should mention cursive, do they even teach that in school anymore ? I hardly ever see anyone using it. I confess, my handwriting is a combination printing and cursive, guess you could call it my own style :smile:

I do automatic writing, both with pen and paper and on the computer. Both for different reasons, and I always ask for protection before doing either. I have always felt comfortable doing this, no thoughts at all about experiences like when one uses a ouija board... it is totally different, or so I believe. Of course, perhaps it helps that when I do this, I do request specific spirits, angels, etc.to speak to me. Which reminds me, I should get back into this also ... so many things to do, and never enough time !

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 05:11 AM
What do you choose to channel for? Do you ask for advice or speak with dead relatives or, yeah, what do you use it for?

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 05:15 AM
I wouldn't really call it channeling. I speak to my angels, on occasion a spirit guide or two and a friend who is on the Other Side. For the angels and spirit guides I usually have questions or am looking for some guidance, with my friend it is just conversation. And I know I am not making these conversations up, I have asked several times and sometimes I get the answers in my mind, before I have completely written out the question. And the way the answers come to me, is not the way I would reply, in use of language or line of thinking. Most amazing ! It does take believing and practice, especially the pen and paper version. I do still doubt a little bit on the computer writing on occasion, but mostly I believe it is real.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 05:31 AM
Oh, whoops. I didn't see I had to click to the next page to see your response. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you, lol.

Solitary Faery
18-01-2012, 05:32 AM
Oh, totally! I know just what you're talking about. Sometimes when I've been automatic writing with the keyboard, I get the entire answer in my mind before my hands have even finished typing it.

Adrienne
18-01-2012, 05:38 AM
Oh, totally! I know just what you're talking about. Sometimes when I've been automatic writing with the keyboard, I get the entire answer in my mind before my hands have even finished typing it.

yes, exactly ! That is so amazing !

journeyofone
19-01-2012, 01:37 AM

It is on a chain. I find it fairly easy to use but I have to do some test questions and see what results I get over time. I find it very frustrating how easy it is to influence the pendulum - having to work on clearing my mind!

journeyofone
19-01-2012, 01:44 AM
hi journeyofone,

Dream Angel xx

I know I should not ask the same question over...but sometimes you know!!! What gets me too is that I usually know the answer anyways I just have to listen to my inner voice.
Each time I start using the pendulum I do ask what is yes/no to check if changed etc. I have had it not move much either - usually when I ask the same question again :rolleyes:

I will just keep working with it and start to log questions/answers etc

Adrienne
22-01-2012, 06:04 AM
journeyofone ~ do you ever ask questions you don't know the answer to, and then record your answer to see if they come true or not ?

Solitary Faery
22-01-2012, 06:09 AM
@DreamAngel - my pyramids finally arrived that I ordered to store my two other pendulums in and I finally got a hold of that store and it turned out I didn't get ripped off, afterall, lol. Just thought I'd catch you up!

Adrienne
22-01-2012, 06:12 AM
Excellent news Solitary Faery ! Thanks for the update. :smile: