PDA

View Full Version : Our own personal Kingdom

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 12:12 AM
Once upon a time there was a King who lived in a fine extraordinary castle. He had everything he needed. He felt complete. He had ample food, women, song, wine, and everyone at his beck and call. He had all the riches in the land. When he spoke, everyone gave to him, they were there for him to meet all his needs when he needed them met. The royal crown he wore, let everyone know he was the "KING". He ruled the land and he ruled others.

If we look at the King in this passage, we might see many things and we might feel many things. We might see him as selfish, controlling, dominating, materialistic or even lucky to be born into that space in time. We might also see him as very blessed and that life has allowed him to live this way. We might also feel, jealous, angry, resentful or even sad that he has it all in this way. Spirit gave him this role to play. And he plays it as he sees his role. As the King sees fit.

If we look at his role we can make our own judgements, observations of his space. And we can also actiavte many emotions in that space as we connect to his story. Do we really know the complete story to the King and his kingdom? I wonder many times we can read a story, read parts of a story, read a complete story, but miss much.

The King in his Kingdom tells me much. But does it really tell me much about the King?

Humm
04-01-2012, 12:35 AM
As I read the story, I was comparing myself to the King - how in my life, I have created for myself a little kingdom, where ample food, women, song, wine, and everything that I want is available whenever I want it. I reflected on the Joy and the tragedy of this - how it both feeds my happiness and restricts my potential.

Thank you for a wonderfully reflective mediation!

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 01:17 AM
I am glad it held some reflection for you Humm.

Would you care to share that space of self reflection in that restriction that it feeds?

Humm
04-01-2012, 01:29 AM
I find the necessities and aggravations of life to be ingeniously motivational. To really reach for one's highest potential seems to be to achieve a sort of balanced precariousness, where what we want is something we never quite achieve, leading us to search, learn, evolve ever higher. Somehow, satisfaction seems to thwart this.

Or maybe I'm just lazy. :tongue:

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 01:41 AM
The man who sees himself as lazy...opens spirit to reveal to him new toys to play with. Yep! :)

Humm
04-01-2012, 01:53 AM
The man who sees himself as lazy...opens spirit to reveal to him new toys to play with. Yep! :)
I appreciate your optimism! :D

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 03:32 AM
I appreciate your grin..:)

Swami Chihuahuananda
04-01-2012, 04:07 AM
Once upon a time there was a King who lived in a fine extraordinary castle. He had everything he needed. He felt complete. He had ample food, women, song, wine, and everyone at his beck and call. He had all the riches in the land. When he spoke, everyone gave to him, they were there for him to meet all his needs when he needed them met. The royal crown he wore, let everyone know he was the "KING". He ruled the land and he ruled others.

If we look at the King in this passage, we might see many things and we might feel many things. We might see him as selfish, controlling, dominating, materialistic or even lucky to be born into that space in time. We might also see him as very blessed and that life has allowed him to live this way. We might also feel, jealous, angry, resentful or even sad that he has it all in this way. Spirit gave him this role to play. And he plays it as he sees his role. As the King sees fit.

If we look at his role we can make our own judgements, observations of his space. And we can also actiavte many emotions in that space as we connect to his story. Do we really know the complete story to the King and his kingdom? I wonder many times we can read a story, read parts of a story, read a complete story, but miss much.

The King in his Kingdom tells me much. But does it really tell me much about the King?

I don't think it tells us that much about the King. How does he treat others?.
Does he hoard all his riches or share them ?. Is he just?. Is he good-hearted?. Is he a wise King, a drunken King, a loving King?. The story says that he is King , but doesn't tell us who the King is .

DS

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 04:11 AM
I don't think it tells us that much about the King. How does he treat others?.
Does he hoard all his riches or share them ?. Is he just?. Is he good-hearted?. Is he a wise King, a drunken King, a loving King?. The story says that he is King , but doesn't tell us who the King is .

DS

You are right Dar..it doesnt tell us much about his space. Is he unfair? Is he bad tempered? Is he unwise? Is he a drunk? Is he a fearful King? There is so much we miss out on stories of Kings and their riches, I agree!

Eudaimonist
04-01-2012, 06:21 AM

Since the story only focuses on external values, and not internal values, we actually know nothing about the King as a person. He could be the most good person in the world, or the most evil, and we'd have no idea.

eudaimonia,

Mark

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 06:33 AM
Since the story only focuses on external values, and not internal values, we actually know nothing about the King as a person. He could be the most good person in the world, or the most evil, and we'd have no idea.

eudaimonia,

Mark

This is true Eudamonist. We can create our own ideas and still not know the truth. The full truth in fact.

Nada
04-01-2012, 06:41 AM
Well..
Every single person is a king or queen in his or her own XXXXdom.
This king that you speak of.. is not that special.
Many kings are the same.
Question should be. What kind of queen put up with this kind of king?

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Well..
Every single person is a king or queen in his or her own XXXXdom.
This king that you speak of.. is not that special.
Many kings are the same.
Question should be. What kind of queen put up with this kind of king?

What kind of King do you see this King to be in your Queendom?

Nada
04-01-2012, 07:24 AM
What kind of King do you see this King to be in your Queendom?

My king,

The one that shall be him
is insightful, mostly about himself first

He knows his weakness
not just his strength

He sees all earthly desires
not his liking

He arises above all
to share and mostly to give of himself

He accepts all others
their desires, dreams, that he supports

He understands love
that is beyond this life

He knows no fear
because of knowing destiny

More In Common
04-01-2012, 07:32 AM

You raise such a beautiful and thought-provoking point. Thank you!

Maybe the message is that we, with our limited human perspective, can never know all the details surrounding a particular individual or situation and therefore are not informed enough to ever judge others.

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 07:36 AM
My king,

The one that shall be him

He knows his weakness
not just his strength

not his liking

He arises above all

He accepts all others

He understands love
that is beyond this life

He knows no fear

I hope you dont mind me borrowing your words..they seemed fitting for this King.

Part 2
This King we also learn.....

He knows his weakness
not just his strength

not his liking

He arises above all

He accepts all others

He understands love
that is beyond this life

He knows no fear

Are we yet to know this King?

Greenslade
04-01-2012, 07:52 AM
How much do we really know of anyone in our Lives? As parents passing down stories to our offspring we can't possibly tell them everything in our Lives prior to having them and there are some things you don't tell your kids. Kids hide things from their parents, it's natural. So no matter what a child tells you there's usually something they miss, either intentionally or not. And that's before you take reincarnation into account lol.

We make our choices from what we have, however limited that may be.

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 08:04 AM
You raise such a beautiful and thought-provoking point. Thank you!

Maybe the message is that we, with our limited human perspective, can never know all the details surrounding a particular individual or situation and therefore are not informed enough to ever judge others.

And you raise also a very thought provoking post that opens that path..that some may miss...thankyou!

silent whisper
04-01-2012, 08:10 AM
How much do we really know of anyone in our Lives? As parents passing down stories to our offspring we can't possibly tell them everything in our Lives prior to having them and there are some things you don't tell your kids. Kids hide things from their parents, it's natural. So no matter what a child tells you there's usually something they miss, either intentionally or not. And that's before you take reincarnation into account lol.

We make our choices from what we have, however limited that may be.

Your bring up a great point about that missing space Greenslade. Sharing stories with each other. Sadly in the eyes of the adults, those things you dont tell your children, can sometimes be told in other ways through the adults actions/reactions and then the child creates a story for themselves. One that is often then not in allignment with their own truth and because the truth was never told, they have to remember the truth themselves.

We do make choices from what we have. But sometimes we dont realize we do have more choices than what we percieive at that time.

Wolfe of Wildwood
05-01-2012, 02:12 AM

In response to this story one who does not stop to ponder might feel many things. As you say, he may feel jealous, angry, or resentful towards the King, he may see the King as selfish, controlling, or even spoiled. But what does this story tell us really, other than our own selves.

The story in its entirety teaches us only our own reactions to Kings, nothing more. For not only do we not know if he is kind or evil, we do not know how he became kind or evil. Not only do we not know whether he hoards his riches or shares them, we do not know how he got them. We don't know if he was indeed born entitled to anything, was he born a king or a farmers son? Did he build his kingdom, inherit it, or marry its queen? Is the rest of the Kingdom hungry while he sits in his palace, or as well fed as he is? Are those that wait on him hand and foot slaves, or those who love him and wish to serve. Does the King even want to be king? Perhaps we are jealous of a King who's wife will kill him tomorrow, or who has to marry his thirteen year old daughter off to a faraway prince for the sake of peace. We should read this story and feel nothing but reflective, for in this story we are told nothing, save this :There is a king, he rules a kingdom.

silent whisper
05-01-2012, 06:31 AM
In response to this story one who does not stop to ponder might feel many things. As you say, he may feel jealous, angry, or resentful towards the King, he may see the King as selfish, controlling, or even spoiled. But what does this story tell us really, other than our own selves.

The story in its entirety teaches us only our own reactions to Kings, nothing more. For not only do we not know if he is kind or evil, we do not know how he became kind or evil. Not only do we not know whether he hoards his riches or shares them, we do not know how he got them. We don't know if he was indeed born entitled to anything, was he born a king or a farmers son? Did he build his kingdom, inherit it, or marry its queen? Is the rest of the Kingdom hungry while he sits in his palace, or as well fed as he is? Are those that wait on him hand and foot slaves, or those who love him and wish to serve. Does the King even want to be king? Perhaps we are jealous of a King who's wife will kill him tomorrow, or who has to marry his thirteen year old daughter off to a faraway prince for the sake of peace. We should read this story and feel nothing but reflective, for in this story we are told nothing, save this :There is a king, he rules a kingdom.

Thankyou WW..you take is a step further for us to see beyond that space of emotional reactions or even judgement. You reveal those connected to the King and how that space is not always reflected upon in the story that others share. As we journey through life many of our closest connections do contribute to our life and story. And many times the story is incomplete without those important links included.

The surface of a story reveals much...............the surface of a story reveals little.

Humm
05-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Indeed, well said!

Wolfe of Wildwood
05-01-2012, 05:53 PM
To expand on that point, and one that Silent Whisper made earlier, the king in his kingdom tells me much about myself, but it does not tell me much about the King.

silent whisper
05-01-2012, 07:00 PM
To expand on that point, and one that Silent Whisper made earlier, the king in his kingdom tells me much about myself, but it does not tell me much about the King.

Yes in our vested interest to see others.........we sometimes cannot see ourselves..........yet in the bigger picture it is simply our own eyes that create the story we read. As I contemplate your words today WW I am preparing to watch a movie I hired yesterday. It is called the Kings speech...I suspect in that space the story will continue from there...