PDA

View Full Version : Shadow People

Coming2
03-01-2012, 05:03 PM
I have done alot of research on the phenomenon of shadow people and ultimately not even the best mediums really know where they come from or what they are. I was curious if any of you have encountered them. Was the experience positive or negative?? Where do you think they come from and what do you think they are?? Please share your experience....

Many Thanks....

Lynn
03-01-2012, 05:58 PM
Hello

I have its never a full on view more a corner of the eye thing. Trick of they eye I have come to feel NO as I have noted that TWO cat's now that I have had have seemed to see the samething.

I dont feel its something negative more something that is inter dimentional that comes in but not strong enough for us to fully take it in. If there were things truly negative would we not be more damaged in some ways.

Its like orbs that one see's in full daylight we can not explain that aspet either....

lynn

Maynah
03-01-2012, 06:28 PM
Is that what it was a shadow spirit? I was lying in bed, don't even remember what time it was, late night or early morning. It just stood by my bed watching me but as Lynn mentioned I didn't see it face on. Couldn't see any detail, just an outline of a dark man. I wouldn't say it was a positive experience. I didn't get anything out of it but fear. It was during a time when I was really getting into the whole spirit thing, I guess I had opened the door and it walked in.

Lynn
03-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Hello

I thought I might add a bit about what I feel Shadow People or Beings are....

Shadow people are paranormal shadow-like creatures that people usually see in their peripheral vision. Reports suggest that they do not appear to reflect light and that their appearance is essentially a silhouette in black. It’s noted that they do notnormally have features beyond an outline for a from. This form usually is in the shape that would be thought on as human. Some at times note that there are general features like eye sockets and a nose feature.

Are shadow people, or shadow beings, to be linked with ghostsightings, some may note similarities and many paranormal experts consider ghost and shadow people one and the same. I do not feel that be the case. Working with Spirits (Ghosts) one is dealing with a clearly HUMAN, with all that made that spirit a physical and living being at one time. However, other experts disagree and claimthat shadow people are a separate phenomenon from ghosts for a variety of reasons. The main reason is how a Shadow Being moves, it’s quick and almost with a bounce. It is not like Ghost which is more a floating or flowing motions. When one see’s a Ghost it’s a full on eye contact view….Shadow Beings it’s very much a corner of the eye sighting. Shadow Beings usually are seen to be solid where a Ghost is more translucent in form.

They do not seem to reflect light has led some to theorize that they are from an alternate universe with different laws of physics or perhaps they are caught in a trap between two physical universes.

Lynn

Maynah
03-01-2012, 11:01 PM
The main reason is how a Shadow Being moves, itís quick and almost with a bounce. It is not like Ghost which is more a floating or flowing motions. When one seeís a Ghost itís a full on eye contact viewÖ.Shadow Beings itís very much a corner of the eye sighting. Shadow Beings usually are seen to be solid where a Ghost is more translucent in form.

They do not seem to reflect light has led some to theorize that they are from an alternate universe with different laws of physics or perhaps they are caught in a trap between two physical universes.

Lynn

I agree with this description. I read back in my journal when this happened. At the time I felt something jump over my bed, like a hopping jump. I have seen ghosts move and yes they "float" and I can see details, features clothing etc. transluscent as you say, yet these shadows are just that, all dark. At the time I also heard a buzzing sound. Like a distant static radio. Could even hear voices but nothing I could make out. Has anyone ever been able to communicate with them? I have a feeling that it is not possible with these entities. Whatever they are. Interesting.

tmcinmaine
03-01-2012, 11:23 PM
I always thought it was my imagination until i had a friend over and it walked from one side of the room into a tree that was potted in my living room. The tree shook for a second and it disapeared. We both witnessed it

MYFIGO
04-01-2012, 03:22 AM
Hi!

I've experienced 2! One was years ago... perhaps 30 during a very stressful time in my life. I woke up to see a shadow figure about 12 - 18 inches above me. He was bigger than me. My then husband worked nights and had just pulled into the driveway. The figure turned his head toward the driveway and when the car door slammed shut.. disappeared! I felt it was my brother who had died 6 years previously come to check on me. My eyes were wide open for that one!

The next time was about two years ago when my spiritual journey was just beginning. This time my eyes were shut, but the moonlight and streetlight were bright enough to light up the bedroom window. A shadow figure crossed in front of the window. I wasn't afraid as it seemed to glide smoothly and made me think of a nun going to prayers. I checked later and the light in the room was bright enough to see my hands through closed eyelids.

res
04-01-2012, 04:03 PM
"Shadow people" is the name that my 5yr old daughter used to call visitors she seen around our home. She was too young and i didnt press her for too much information but she told me about them coming in to her room and pointed them out to me around the house at times.
She reported seeing spirit in plain form and also the form that the persons body was in at the time of death. Freaked me out when she was playing in the bar room with a boy named Peter that was all red and couldnt find his mum and dad after there was fire in his house.

I havent had any experiences with then personally as im not visual with when it comes to spirit and couldnt tell the differnce between a shadow person and an average spirit.

iolite
04-01-2012, 05:00 PM
"Shadow people" is the name that my 5yr old daughter used to call visitors she seen around our home. She was too young and i didnt press her for too much information but she told me about them coming in to her room and pointed them out to me around the house at times.
She reported seeing spirit in plain form and also the form that the persons body was in at the time of death. Freaked me out when she was playing in the bar room with a boy named Peter that was all red and couldnt find his mum and dad after there was fire in his house.

I havent had any experiences with then personally as im not visual with when it comes to spirit and couldnt tell the differnce between a shadow person and an average spirit.

Peter couldn't find his folks because they moved on to the light. You've got a little medium there. I take it that Peter doesn't come to play any more? Hopefully, he's moved on too. She's not afraid of seeing these spirits and shadow people? It's good that you're here. There's lots of folks here that can help you guide your daughter.

oliviasang
04-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Hi,
You should be prepared to have some lengthy talks with your daughter. Seeing them as they died doesn't get scary until you start to understand what you're seeing. Maybe she called them shadow people because of how they sometimes take on that half-there appearance? You know like they look like regular people but they're kinda transparent, out of sync. I don't know how to explain it but I can understand where she got the idea. Someone should really sit down and get some solid vocab for this.
Oliviasang

oliviasang
04-01-2012, 06:26 PM
I have no idea if this has anything to do with ĎShadow People' to be honest I donít know what it was, but I thought I would share and see if anyone has any ideas. It's not really 'shadow people' as you'all have been talking about. Well, just, what do you think?

When I was about 6/7, my room was on the second floor of an old farm house. It was a small room, with a single window that had no curtains. One night I woke up from a sound sleep, I didnít know why but I laid there a minute before I turned my head and literally every cell in my body froze in absolute terror.

There was this huge shadow man coming through my window, it was like he was blacker than the dark of my room, my nightlight didnít even touch him. There were blank white places where his eyes should have been. I couldnít even scream I was so scared and he was moving, coming through my window and into my room.

Then there were these little gray shadows on the floor jumping at it and meowing. I knew exactly what they were, the little ghost cats that everyone heard now and again. They just kept on jumping on it and hissing, and then I screamed and kept on screaming until my dad was running into my room.

Then he yelled and ran out just as my mom came in, I heard my dad leave the house. To this day he swears he saw a man in my window, but there was no ladder outside my window and the snow was undisturbed.

My parents moved me out of that room the next day. I really and truly believe those little shadows saved me. This thing did not look like any spirit I saw as a child or even as an adult thankfully.
Oliviasang

res
05-01-2012, 12:42 AM
Peter couldn't find his folks because they moved on to the light. You've got a little medium there. I take it that Peter doesn't come to play any more? Hopefully, he's moved on too. She's not afraid of seeing these spirits and shadow people? It's good that you're here. There's lots of folks here that can help you guide your daughter.
She didnt report Peter being around after that atleast by name. She wld often stop in her tracks with head down nodding and shaking her head as if to answer questions asked by something and seemed a little afraid. She would ask me who that boy is running through the house as she point her moving finger following what she see's. Once in a limestone cave she cuddled into me and asked"Why is that mans nose bleeding" as she pointed to the space between us and a flat rock wall. I think that for all she knew the realistic spirits were actually living but injured. I told her that the shadow people are angels coming to visit her to make sure she is ok, which made her more at ease with it but kept me busy placing a protective barrier around her room every night and the house regularly. She is 13yrs now and has reached the stage where she is interested in getting back intouch with the ability by her own accord.
Our 3 younger children are now making similar reports. They often report hovering lights and people in their rooms and around the house but havent named them as shadow people. My wife see's entities in shadow form aswell which have compelled her to leave buildings when they approach her closely. She is very accomplished as a medium and is very comfortable with spirit but the shadow ones have overwhelmed her somewhat.

Thanks

onetruebeliever
21-01-2012, 04:27 PM
We see shadows in our house all the time. They are spirits of people who were once alive - distant family members, actually. I asked who someone was and I was told her name. I had spoken to her many times. It can take many years for a spirit to gather enough energy to manifest as a full body. I think shadow people are just spirits who only have enough energy to partially manifest. But, I am not that experienced and I have never had a negative encounter.

madein71
12-02-2012, 08:04 AM
i see shadow people all the time from when i was little to now where i seem to see them all the time and most recently at work last night where it was more full view not out of the corner of my eye.......last night the shadow person ran across the corridor in full view.

Reapy
12-02-2012, 12:24 PM
I've been seeing something similar to whats been described lately. I assumed it was a spirit trying to get through to me, but with my gifts so weak that was the only way I could "see" them.

It's a human shape in shadow, about 5'9" - 5'11" (around my height) and flits between my hallway door and the kitchen door (a distance of about a metre). Occasionally I hear a womans voice just out of ear shot. I can't make out anything Thats said.

I don't get anything negative or positive from it. It's left me curious about it , but I don't bother it, it doesn't bother me. I suppose you could say we've been cohabiting for the past few weeks.