PDA

View Full Version : Being

lucidcreator
31-12-2011, 01:40 AM
My faith, as all others, has been a seed. The soil, watering, cultivation, etc has taken many forms. I was a full-time Southern Baptist minister for around 12 years until I threw it all away, left my family, and began to chase "happiness".

From where I sit now, happiness wasn't something to gain, not something lost. No, my state of consciousness wouldn't allow me to see that I AM happiness. By simply BEING, by dis-identifying with the ego self, my name, address, title, social status, etc..., by detaching from these things and becoming more aware of my soul, that reality within my heart, I find happiness.

I still "lose" it at times. I get sidetracked, I forget the present moment. I begin to identify with the traffic jam or the burnt toast, or the bill that I wasn't expecting. But at least I am conscious enough to withdraw from these silly distractions and come back to just being here and now. I'm learning.

I am a child of God. Who or what God is, i don't really know, except to say that he is spirit and I like to call him my father.... but here I go labeling things again. :rolleyes:

Shabby
31-12-2011, 01:53 AM
I can soo relate to you lucidcreator. Thanks for sharing such a personal self evaluation.

Now we just have to leave beingness behind us and we are there : )