PDA

View Full Version : Is seeing believing or believing seeing?

Shabby
31-12-2011, 12:44 AM
Some say that we see what we believe to be true, yet there are some that say they only believe what they see. What comes first in you opinion...believing or seeing?

nightowl
31-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Hey Shabby,

In my experiences there are times when they both can apply. :smile:

rsingh
31-12-2011, 06:36 AM
It is both. At first instant we perceive reality. Then mind comes in and interprets that we perceive. Interpretation of mind is based on our beleifs. If we are predominantly operating from mind then the first instant of perception is insignificant and it is neglected. So we see what we believe.

Shabby
01-01-2012, 04:15 PM
I believe believing is seeing. If you did not believe in that possibility you could not perceive it through any of your senses.

A few years ago we had wooden floors put into our house. It was such a mess tearing up the carpet. There was lind and wood chips everywhere. I was sitting at the computer when I happened to glaze at my diamond ring and noticed that 1 diamond was missing. I looked around me and to the mess every where...there was no way I would ever find that little stone again. Then a thought came to me....there is no loss in the Universe and it brought a peace to my mind.

Just a few minutes later one of the workers called me over to the area where they were working to ask me a question. As the conversation was over I happened to look to the ground and right there in front of me between all the debree was the diamond I lost. I know it sounds like it must have been a big diamond....but it wasn't it was very small : )

Emmalevine
01-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Both.

In terms of psychic abiility, I believed first, then I saw. He who seeks shall find.

Mr Interesting
01-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Shabby, I remember a story about the first Spanish sailors who had discovered America and how they met the first natives of that land.

Through sign language the Spaniards were asked how they arrived and the Spaniards pointed out to sea where their boats were. The native Americans couldn't see them...

It may or may not be about beliefs but it certainly is about our ability to comprehend. I'd say that our beliefs support comprehension and the question then is how much they support our ability to comprehend and how suspension of belief, the ability to do so, can be an aid to comprehension.

Internal Queries
01-01-2012, 09:23 PM
gee... i don't yet. i'm still waiting to see what i believe and then i'll determine if i believe what i'm seeing.

Shabby
01-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Shabby, I remember a story about the first Spanish sailors who had discovered America and how they met the first natives of that land.

Through sign language the Spaniards were asked how they arrived and the Spaniards pointed out to sea where their boats were. The native Americans couldn't see them...

It may or may not be about beliefs but it certainly is about our ability to comprehend. I'd say that our beliefs support comprehension and the question then is how much they support our ability to comprehend and how suspension of belief, the ability to do so, can be an aid to comprehension.

Yes I heard about that too. Wasn't it in the movie "What the Bleep"?

silent whisper
02-01-2012, 12:02 AM
We can only see what we see....and believe what we believe in that seeing from the view in our midst....what determines what we see is a mixture of things..and where we reside within...Until we can see for ourselves..are we walking blinded by the shadow of others seeing?

Greybeard
02-01-2012, 12:50 AM
The other day I noticed that, in the Bible, Jesus spent a lot of time and energy healing the blind.

Ye have eyes but do not see.

But then again, some of the current followers of Jesus tend to see only what they believe, and pointedly ignore anything that runs counter to those beliefs, no matter how obvious and real it may be.

Go figure. We're a very comical animal.

blackraven
02-01-2012, 01:04 AM
Shabby - I've seen some things that no one else has believed that I've seen. They don't believe because they didn't have the "experience" themselves. But I did, so I believe. I read of the things I've witnessed prior and thus it may have influenced my ability to believe and see. I don't know. Visions come to those who have open minds. And so in that respect one believes without seeing. But others don't believe in visions unless they happen to see them first. So I think the best answer is BOTH.

Blackraven

Sarian
02-01-2012, 01:09 AM
I agree with Blackraven. I have had experiences and have seen things that no others have, they take with a grain of salt or just don't believe at all because they aren't their experiences, but then nor should they just believe in anything I say or anyones else for that matter.

that all said, sometimes I hear someone's story or read something, it's not been my experience, but something inside me wakes and my mind and senses say "Yes, this is true" I have no real proof, but yet I have a deep sense or knowing it is.

psychoslice
02-01-2012, 01:10 AM
Just give up the word believe, and see, no need to believe what you see.

silent whisper
02-01-2012, 01:12 AM
I agree with Blackraven. I have had experiences and have seen things that no others have, they take with a grain of salt or just don't believe at all because they aren't their experiences, but then nor should they just believe in anything I say or anyones else for that matter.

that all said, sometimes I hear someone's story or read something, it's not been my experience, but something inside me wakes and my mind and senses say "Yes, this is true" I have no real proof, but yet I have a deep sense or knowing it is.

Yes a deep sense of knowing in the unknown..to the eyes!

Shabby
02-01-2012, 01:17 AM
Just give up the word believe, and see, no need to believe what you see.

I got to think about this post.

silent whisper
02-01-2012, 01:29 AM
I got to think about this post.

When the mind allows it to suspend beyond belief..where does it go?

Shabby
02-01-2012, 02:20 PM
When the mind allows it to suspend beyond belief..where does it go?

Where does what go? LOL

silent whisper
02-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Where does what go? LOL

What you were going to "think" about....