PDA

View Full Version : P.M.T/P.M.S./PMDD

sleepyamethyst
30-12-2011, 08:10 PM
hi i have been getting very bad pms on and off for years now and it has got a lot worse since march time any suggestions on what i can do to help my self, i have just lost my best friend after loosing my temper with him, i really need some advice :confused: :icon_frown:

WhiteWarrior
30-12-2011, 08:15 PM
Carrying an agate crystal in your pocket for harmony and balance might be a start.

Kaere
30-12-2011, 08:41 PM
Firstly, I'd apologize to your friend soon as can be. A friendship lost over a temper tantrum would be very sad to see. We all have our grumpy days, men and women both.

For me, I try to avoid people if I can, or talking about anything related to myself. A little exercise helps as well - doesn't have to be much, 5 minutes walking around the block can clear the head and give a place to focus that intense energy.

I know some folks don't like to take medication for it but if you're open to the idea, over-the-counter meds for pms specifically can be a godsend. Maybe it's the caffeine they put in it or is it a placebo, I dunno but I can tell you that it makes my life SO much easier during those times.

sleepyamethyst
31-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Firstly, I'd apologize to your friend soon as can be. A friendship lost over a temper tantrum would be very sad to see. We all have our grumpy days, men and women both.

For me, I try to avoid people if I can, or talking about anything related to myself. A little exercise helps as well - doesn't have to be much, 5 minutes walking around the block can clear the head and give a place to focus that intense energy.

I know some folks don't like to take medication for it but if you're open to the idea, over-the-counter meds for pms specifically can be a godsend. Maybe it's the caffeine they put in it or is it a placebo, I dunno but I can tell you that it makes my life SO much easier during those times.

luckerly i have managed to say sorry to him he does know i suffer badly its just that he has depression and just takes it badly so we are now friends again im very glad to say :)

Jules
31-12-2011, 02:10 PM
try taking lemon balm. that helps by calming the nervous system. Anything's worth a try :)

Here's a recipe for the menopause cake. It's high in phytoestrogens (plant extracts of natural oestrogen) .. and is supposed to be good for women on the menopause. It could also help with pms.

Soya flour - 115gm/4oz Whole wheat flour - 115gm/4oz Porridge oats - 115gm/4oz Chopped stem ginger 5cm/2in Ground ginger - 2.5ml/1/2tsp Nutmeg - 2.5ml/1/2tsp Cinnamon - 2.5ml/1/2tsp Raisins - 200gm/7oz Linseeds - 115gm/4oz Sunflower seeds - 50gm/2oz Sesame seeds - 50gm/2oz Sliced almonds - 50gm/2oz Malt extract - 15ml/1tbsp Soya milk - 15ml/1tbsp
Sift the flour and add all the dry ingredients. Mix well before slowly adding the milk and malt extract. Cover and leave to soak for an hour. Spoon mixture into a cake tin lined with waxed paper and bake for up to 75mts on 190degree Celsius/370 F/gas 5. Allow to cool and eat one slice per day.

(Store your menopause cake in an airtight container, and eat within seven days.)
Source: J Amerena, "Aging Naturally", 2001 Lorenz Books.

Squatchit
31-12-2011, 02:25 PM
That sounds yummy Jules. :smile:

Racer X
01-01-2012, 12:41 AM
hi i have been getting very bad pms on and off for years now and it has got a lot worse since march time any suggestions on what i can do to help my self, i have just lost my best friend after loosing my temper with him, i really need some advice :confused: :icon_frown:

Nothing True is ever lost~

OONA 1 and OONA 2 for PMS ...... my daughter did not like my strong herbal teas even though they worked so I found a solution which she said works wonders~

Stress aggravates everything....... meditate often and break up the reactionary patterns by replacing old habits with new beneficial ones. Walk in nature every day, learn .... relearn, how to eat properly by going backwards before corporations monkeyed with the food, and meditate instead of loosing it~ :D In "loosing it" meditation you should always ask "Let me see this in a New and True Way" , it may take some time ..... but if you hold to this you come upon the still small voice within .... and it will change your life in a most Miraculous way~