PDA

View Full Version : the no-win scenario

seeker2011
29-12-2011, 03:21 AM
Who else is presented with an intolerable situation?
Who is having to deal with impossible situtations?
Why do I search for the company of misery?
Please dont anybody have the difficulty that I have.
I wouldn't wish i t on a politian.
People in my life, who would'nt be there if I'd had the presence of mind then to wish it now, are threatening me with my life. They of course do not know it, but they are killing me. I have no wish to die. I have only the wish to go back to a long time ago, with my present knowledge, and makemy life over agan. God , why can this not be so?>
Is there such a thing as carrying over this to the next life? pLEAESE. LET IT BE SO.

Greenslade
29-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Winning and losing are imposters. We are given these situations for a reason, the trick is to look behind the mask and find those reasons. The mask is the intolerable situation or the company of misery. Whether the situation is impossible or not, it doesn't matter. What does matter is that we meet it head on with everything we can muster. We own it. Once you own it, you can do what you like with it. Don't spend your energies on wishes, spend them on looking at things straight in the eyes.

Yes, there is such a thing as carrying it over to the next Life, but what will you carry? The knowledge will be gone and what will be left are the issues. All that you can't leave behind. The question is, what will those issues be? Will they be the feeling of a resolution and a job well done, or will you create a monster?

seeker2011
29-12-2011, 11:29 PM
Thank you, makes sense.
I'm afraid the monster is being created now.
I'm glad I have a few more years to try to work it out.
I just wish I had a instruction or two.
Or perhaps I do have instructions and am just not looking at them or accepting them. Ego being what it is, and all.
Peace.

Silver
30-12-2011, 12:46 AM
There's a song by Madonna that reminds me of your self-described problems.
The song is Nothing Really Matters (which I swear, she stole that phrase from me), and the part I refer to says: "I realize that nobody wins...Something is ending and something begins..." I found that very profound. Very simple, but very profound.

Greenslade
30-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Thank you, makes sense.
I'm afraid the monster is being created now.
I'm glad I have a few more years to try to work it out.
I just wish I had a instruction or two.
Or perhaps I do have instructions and am just not looking at them or accepting them. Ego being what it is, and all.
Peace.

Most welcome :-)

I don't think there are instructions. From a very personal perspective, what I've found is that you can change your perspective. All it takes is that little step to one side and it all changes. While most are trying to walk away from ego, my question is how responsible is it for bringing you to where you are now? We all have the tools we need, all we have to do is work out how they work and work with them. Ego can be a tool, it's a part of this human existence as much as the heart that pumps blood round your veins. What you do with it then is entirely up to you. So much store is put on the mind and logic, but how much of that is still ego? For what it's worth -

Forget your mind. Your mind can only work with what it already understands.
Use your imagination, it is free and can go where it wants, when it wants.
Listen to your Heart, it will tell you what's right and wrong - for you.

Safe Journey, and remember that we can't see the end of the road while we're travelling.