PDA

View Full Version : Getting help in the forest?

Shalimar
27-12-2011, 10:52 PM
I was walking my dog on my property so he didn't have a leash as we are deep in the country with no road close by. We always take the same trails daily, never had a problem but today there was a deer in the pasture and it was very close, I was hoping my dog would not notice it but...he did and ran after it. The deer of course took off running full speed...all the way through our forest. I called and called my dog without success. He never broke his focus on his chase. I got quite scared to lose him. So I sent out a little request and just said "Please guardians of the forest lead my dog back home. Thanks". That was just the "inspiration" of the moment, I actually do not know if there are some "Guardians of the forest". My dog finally came back home.
I was just wondering if there are "Guardians of the forest" that we can call out for help for ourselves or animals? If there are, do they have a name? is what I did the way to communicate to them?
Thanks!:smile:
Peace :hug3:

Adrienne
27-12-2011, 11:00 PM
hi Shalimar,

I don't know for certain, but I think the name you chose " Guardians of the Forest " is very cool. And I do believe they heard you, and helped your dog return home, so I think your way of communication worked very well.

Looking forward to what others have to say on the name.

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Lisa
28-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Shalimar,

Guardians or not.
Don't miss the forest itself.

The deer is part of the forest.

:smile:

Sarian
28-12-2011, 04:14 PM
guardians of the forest sounds lovely, like angels that watch over all in the forest. Sweet. :-)

norseman
28-12-2011, 04:54 PM
"Guardians of the Forest" - OK, but be aware that they are not at your beck and call. They are Nature Spirits and may or may not help you. Firstly, however, they have to get to know you and that takes time. You have to become part of the forest yourself. But, if you are accepted, then a whole new world opens up :smile:

Sarian
28-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Okay, Norseman, that's very interesting because I spent a lot of time in this one particular forest and I've had some very unique experiences, so if what you say is true, they I guess I've been very much accepted. :-)

AngelPsychic444
31-12-2011, 02:53 AM
I was walking my dog on my property so he didn't have a leash as we are deep in the country with no road close by. We always take the same trails daily, never had a problem but today there was a deer in the pasture and it was very close, I was hoping my dog would not notice it but...he did and ran after it. The deer of course took off running full speed...all the way through our forest. I called and called my dog without success. He never broke his focus on his chase. I got quite scared to lose him. So I sent out a little request and just said "Please guardians of the forest lead my dog back home. Thanks". That was just the "inspiration" of the moment, I actually do not know if there are some "Guardians of the forest". My dog finally came back home.
I was just wondering if there are "Guardians of the forest" that we can call out for help for ourselves or animals? If there are, do they have a name? is what I did the way to communicate to them?
Thanks!:smile:

That's a great story, I'm sure the nature spirits can help you with anything especially animals... so I'm glad you thought to ask them for help!!

:smile:

Shalimar
31-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Thank you all for your input :smile: ! I guess I must have become "part of the forest" like Norseman said, for years now, but without knowing much about it. I not only love the forest in itself, but also each of its inhabitants like the trees, plants, animals....I've always felt "home" in the forest, like among kindred spirits. I walked a lot in forests; there was that one forest, a State Park, where I was going before I moved to another place where I started to say greetings and thanking the forest for the wonderful time I had (again without knowing if that is what you do, it just came on me, like when I asked for help the other day). Wonderful things happened to me in that forest, from visions to animal encounters like that day when a dozen of deers followed me closely in line that was an awesome day of communion with the forest and the animals within. I'll never forget it.

It's not been a year that I moved now to my new place, so it is a new forest and I have not walked in it a lot but maybe I've been accepted already.
The only things is that up to now in my life, I have only "bonded" to the forest through "natural instinct" without any knowledge behind. Like for example, I didn't know to quote Norseman that "They are Nature Spirits and may or may not help you. Firstly, however, they have to get to know you and that takes time. You have to become part of the forest yourself. "

I would be much grateful to back up my "natural instinct" by "more indepth knowledge" about the Nature spirits and the way to communicate with them. There might be others also interested to deepen their "knowledge" of the forest past their natural instinct...

Thus, Norseman and anyone else with more understanding of the forest and the "Guardians of the forest" as I named them, the trees,... could you please share more with us?

feralfae
07-01-2012, 04:26 AM
I love your description, "Guardians of the Forest". I agree, it does sound as if you have been accepted. There are many different types of nature spirits, faeries, elementals, and nature deities. Of course, not all nature spirits are benevolent to humans... but it sounds like these were.

The way you communicated with them is one way of doing it, and a way that I often do. It's kind of the faery interaction variety of the good, old, "Dear God, HELP!" prayer. Nice that you thanked them, that's usually a good idea. You can also just say hello (silently or under your breath, if you're worried about sounding wacky. Cleaning up trash from natural environments is a good place to start. You can meditate under, and on trees. Ask them if they have any advice for you. You can leave food out as gifts for them.

Some specific examples:

The Lady of the Woods (usually associated with birch groves)

The Holly King and the Oak King (each rules half the year: Holly in Winter, Oak in summer)

Dryads (forest spirits)

The Green Man

The Horned God (known as Cernunnos, Herne, Pan...)

The Elementals -Undines, Gnomes, Sylphs, and Salamanders (water, earth, air, and fire -- respectively)

vulkus
07-01-2012, 04:32 AM
"Guardians of the Forest" - OK, but be aware that they are not at your beck and call. They are Nature Spirits and may or may not help you. Firstly, however, they have to get to know you and that takes time. You have to become part of the forest yourself. But, if you are accepted, then a whole new world opens up :smile:
Exactly, the spirit of place at my brothers property took forever to adjust to me. While now treats me as an ally, I could never be considered a friend.
The nature spirits that reside there however, some are good while the others well. Lets just say they want to kill me every chance they get.
No they aren't evil, they just don't know me.

norseman
07-01-2012, 08:47 AM
The concepts of "Guardians of the Forest" and "Nature Spirits" go back a long, long way.
About 6000 BC, the North Sea plain was finally deluged by the melting ice at the end of the last Ice Age. The Hunter-Gatherer tribes and the animals they hunted retreated both east and west away from the rising waters.
Those who came west were faced with a major culture shock. They had come from an open flat tundra into a dark, damp, gloomy land of continuous forest - home to wolf, bear, wild boar, and red deer AND the Green Spirits of the Forest. This "new" land was Britain. It would be no exaggeration to say that the tribes and their shaman were very frightened of this new life and REALLY scared of the Green Spirits who they saw as capricious and malicious but also friendly when the mood took them. The shaman explored and over a long time, they found the places of power in the forest where offerings could be left to the Green Spirits to placate them and so the relationship changed to "not-quite friends but not-quite enemies".
This relationship is embedded in British Mythology. The most tenacious pagan god - The Green Man - can be seen carved into the structure of many old churches. The H-G tribes found the forest floor littered with flint arrow heads which they called Elf Bolts [ Elf = Green Spirit ]. These Green Nature Spirits entered our most enduring tales as Robin Hood and The Green Knight in Arthurian legend.
The places of power found by those early shaman are still there, waiting to be found by "Servants of Mother Earth", the "Cunning Folk", and we now refer to them as portals i.e. gateways to the Spirit World.

Shalimar
10-01-2012, 06:26 PM
Thanks Feralfae and Vulkus for you input :smile:
I have meditated in the forest but never thought of asking for wisdom of the trees, I'll have to do that.
I guess my way of being in the Nature must have contributed to have a connection with the "Guardians of the Forest"...I do pick up trash because I cannot stand to see them messing up with Nature, but I also care for the animals even the very small ones and I found out many people careless about such as: snails, turtles... (some people think "I'm cute" like they would say to a child who tells them they saw a faery, other people that I don't have all my mind...for doing that)
I call myself a "snail. turtle rescuer" :wink: , true to that when I walk on the gravel roads that are by my property, I will pick up any snail or turtle I see on the road so that nobody will run them over. I place them gently in a safe area where they can go on with their day. As turtles are bigger than snails I can even spot them when I drive and will stop my car to place them off the road where they are safe. I usually bring them to the direction they were going (they just cross the road faster :wink: ). I have also cared for butterflies, many get run over during summer as they just stop on the road...to do not hurt them I have them climb on a leaf or my hand and place them in a safe area. I have even found last summer a dying butterfly on the road and thought that being run over was no way to finish one's life...so I gently put the butterfly on a flower as I know they love them. Those I found dead, I would still remove them from the road and placed them on a flower as a nice resting place. And as a last account (I've got to get off the internet....) I will tell about my Butterfly special friend:

2 years ago it was real cold where I lived and I found a butterfly actually dying of cold and hunger. I could not bear that it would die just because of that, and I felt that it wanted to survive...so I rescued it, and brought it home, placing it in a "little nest" I had made, I placed it by the heat and gave it some of the organic nectar I buy for hummingbirds. You should have seen it, drinking and drinking, as soon as it found the nectar!
Well, soon enough it was not a feeble butterfly anymore and I had to let go of my little friend... That was hard but I had to let it go on with its journey. The weather had warmed up a bit it was not as cold, so I went outside with my little friend to release it. At first it just stayed there with me, it was a bright sunny day, I stayed saying talking to my friend saying that I will never forget it, etc...after 15 mn, it decided to try its wings flew but not too far so I could still follow, then it flew off higher and higher I kept gazing at my friend while blessing it and wishing it a safe journey to whichever place it was supposed to go. It was a Monarch so I believe it went to warmer climate, safe and sound!...

Sarian
10-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Shalimar, we must be kin. I do the same thing and people just look at me like I'm nuts. My daughter, at least appreciates what I do as when we pass something and I'm not sure if it was a turtle or what, she insists we go back to make sure and get it off the road, (then to find out it was a piece of trash lol)

I have stopped countless times to get a turtle off the road and once when it was mostly highways, I took it home and put it in my pond. I think I've put at least 3 in my pond. Only one I knew stayed put as I would see his head popped up out of the water from time to time or see him run into the water.

I once got into an arguement with a man who took a snapping turtle and placed it in his car. I went to rescue it off the road. he reminded me I probably would have gotten my hand bitten off, but I would have used a large stick to coax it off the road or drag it off the road if he bit into it.

I take snails and worms off the parking lot at work. When I walk around the block I am always taking the snails and other insects to the grass and if I come across injured butterflies or other insects I take them off as well. I do that too, putting them on flowers! Your story in purple is beautiful!

I have stopped to usher snakes off the road.

I'm so happy you are the same way.

Shalimar
10-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm surely not quite awake today :sleepy2:! I had missed to go to page 2 and didn't even see your Post Norseman! I'm glad I did now by following an email link to Sarian post! Thanks for the info Norseman :smile: , like every times you succeed to add so interesting details about how things came about and what it is all about, I enjoy reading your posts and always copy the info you give for future references :wink:

And thank you Sarian for sharing your experience with me, yeah, that makes us kindred spirits...:hug2:
I'm glad to hear that the same is true for you, as a matter of fact I too have a daughter who understands my way...and she is used to have to stop, even if we have to hurry somewhere....and yes like you even on the highway (I put my warnings...)! I do parking lots also when I go grocery I always move away my little friends to safer grounds...

If you ask me there are too many people acting like if animals are "man-made things".
It breaks my heart when I hear reports of people going as far as intentionally running over, snakes, cats, squirrels, opossums, armadillos, etc... I see so many of them run over.

I wish there were many more like us!

Blessings :hug3:

Sarian
10-01-2012, 10:57 PM
Oh, that burns me up too when I see and hear of people intentionally running animals over. I went on a date with this guy in high school. it was a rainy night and there were frogs leaping all over the road, he was having a field day purposely running them over. I was screaming and yelling at him and then took to punching him in the arm and asked him to let me walk home, i was so mad. I never dated him again. He couldn't understand why. The turd. Then I had a mad crush on my neighbor, we went out one evening and he was going to purposely run over a possum. I flipped out. He said people do it all the time. I was mortified. I didn't go out with him again.

Shalimar
11-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Oh, that burns me up too when I see and hear of people intentionally running animals over. I went on a date with this guy in high school. it was a rainy night and there were frogs leaping all over the road, he was having a field day purposely running them over. I was screaming and yelling at him and then took to punching him in the arm and asked him to let me walk home, i was so mad. I never dated him again. He couldn't understand why. The turd. Then I had a mad crush on my neighbor, we went out one evening and he was going to purposely run over a possum. I flipped out. He said people do it all the time. I was mortified. I didn't go out with him again.

I would have done the same, I could not have abide with that mentality! My daughter knew a teen at school who didn't like cats for whatever reason and was bragging of never missing to hit one when he was encountering cats on the road!
My husband isn't a "Little Beings Rescuer" but he won't run over them or harm them. As we live in a rural area there are always wild life, small and big... on the road and he is careful to avoid them, he will brake and wait for them to pass...sometimes wait until they make up their minds which way to go :wink:

Peace:hug3:

thesongbirdsaresinging
12-01-2012, 02:09 AM
I've heard Artemis described as the Goddess of the Hunt... and the wild. Also I have heard her described as Guardian of the Forest but I don't quite know if it's accurate. :) She apparently guards wild animals and the woods.
Perhaps she helped you out? Maybe not but eh. Worth a guess lol.

Shalimar
14-01-2012, 12:51 AM
Thanks for your input thesongbirdsaresinging :smile:

GiftedAngel
20-01-2012, 08:50 PM
There are guardians and angels where ever you go. You are never left alone. You will get help. You just have too hear,see,and feel the signs around you.