PDA

View Full Version : Muhammad (islam) in Hindu Scriptures ?

frenchdavid
24-12-2011, 08:33 PM
The translation of Verses 5-27 (Sanskrit text of the Puranas, Prati Sarg Parv III: 3, 3) is presented below from the work of Dr. Vidyarthi.

“A malechha (belonging to a foreign country and speaking foreign language) spiritual teacher will appear with his companions. His name will be Mahamad. Raja (Bhoj) after giving this Mahadev Arab (of angelic disposition) a bath in the 'Panchgavya' and the Ganges water, (i.e. purging him of all sins) offered him the presents of his sincere devotion and showing him all reverence said, 'I make obeisance to thee.' 'O Ye! the pride of mankind, the dweller in Arabia, Ye have collected a great force to kill the Devil and you yourself have been protected from the malechha opponents (idol worshipers, pagans).' ‘O Ye! the image of the Most Pious God the biggest Lord, I am a slave to thee, take me as one lying on thy feet.'

What do you think about it ?

Gracey
24-12-2011, 10:04 PM
i dont know what to think, i never read that verse before. huh.

Gracey
24-12-2011, 10:08 PM
two angels did visit Muhammad when he was a child.

frenchdavid
25-12-2011, 06:10 AM
Yes it is true...

Gracey
26-12-2011, 12:15 AM
i have a friend who is Muslim and i sent him along this verse, he found it very interesting.

psychoslice
26-12-2011, 12:43 AM
To me such verses like this and also verses in other scriptures that predict a coming spiritual teacher or enlightened Being, are not to be taken literally, there is always someone that is going to be a teacher, or awakened to what IS, like the old testament predicting a Savior, Emanuel, or whatever, anyone who becomes ONE with God and realizes their inner being is a Savior unto themselves and others that hear their words that may bring them also into their inner being. We have taken all these verses the wrong way, we have shoved men up on a pedestal and worshiped them, not realizing that we are as spiritual as they are, they have realized their own inner Divinity, we must also realize ours, not build religions on men. The true religion, the true church is only found within each one of us.

frenchdavid
27-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Zakir Naik also says :

Some people may argue that ‘Raja’ Bhoj mentioned in the prophecy lived in the 11th century C.E. 500 years after the advent of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) and was the descendant in the 10th generation of Raja Shalivahan. These people fail to realise that there was not only one Raja of the name Bhoj. The Egyptian Monarchs were called as Pharaoh and the Roman Kings were known as Caesar, similarly the Indian Rajas were given the title of Bhoj. There were several Raja Bhoj who came before the one in 11th Century C.E.

The Prophet did not physically take a bath in the Panchgavya and the water of Ganges. Since the water of Ganges is considered holy, taking bath in the Ganges is an idiom, which means washing away sins or immunity from all sorts of sins. Here the prophecy implies that Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sinless, i.e. Maasoom.

and there are other propheties :

According to Bhavishya Purana in the Pratisarag Parv III Khand 3 Adhay 3 Shloka 10 to 27 Maharishi Vyas has prophesised:

"The Malecha have spoiled the well-known land of the Arabs. Arya Dharma is not to be found in the country. Before also there appeared a misguided fiend whom I had killed; he has now again appeared being sent by a powerful enemy. To show these enemies the right path and to give them guidance, the well-known Muhammad (pbuh), is busy in bringing the Pishachas to the right path. O Raja, You need not go to the land of the foolish Pishachas, you will be purified through my kindness even where you are. At night, he of the angelic disposition, the shrewd man, in the guise of Pishacha said to Raja Bhoj, "O Raja! Your Arya Dharma has been made to prevail over all religions, but according to the commandments of Ishwar Parmatma, I shall enforce the strong creed of the meat eaters. My followers will be men circumcised, without a tail (on his head), keeping beard, creating a revolution announcing the Aadhaan (the Muslim call for prayer) and will be eating all lawful things. He will eat all sorts of animals except swine. They will not seek purification from the holy shrubs, but will be purified through warfare. On account of their fighting the irreligious nations, they will be known as Musalmaans. I shall be the originator of this religion of the meat-eating nations."

Gracey
27-12-2011, 04:56 PM
thanks for sharing these. will be passing them along.

frenchdavid
28-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Also surprising :
Sama Veda II: 6, Mantra 8
"Ahmad acquired religious law from his Lord. This religious law is full of wisdom. I receive light from him just as from the sun."

Krishna-prem
28-12-2011, 08:34 AM
Please do not use Zakir Naik as a reference. You do yourself a huge intellectual disservice. He has a reputation for being a trouble maker who twists Sanatana Dharma for the cause of making converts of us.

Please post from which Purana you took the verse in post one.

Also your citation for the Samaveda is not correct. You have section II and book 6 however you did not cite which chapter from which we should take mantra 8. Regardless of that, the Samaveda does not make any reference to "Ahmad". The Samaveda is a different rendering of the major sections of the Rigveda. Meaning, there are sections dedicated to Indra, Agni, Rudra, Vishnu, Soma, etc. In fact the name "Ahmad" does not exist with the traditional Sanskrit lexicon.

Please do not take Naik's words for truth, he either knowingly or unknowingly lies about Sanatana Dharma to further his own Muslim "evangelical" endeavors.

Aum Hari Aum

Gracey
28-12-2011, 04:24 PM
holy camoli, glad i listened to my dad when he told me as a child, not to believe everything i see and hear.

AngelicOrin
29-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Also your citation for the Samaveda is not correct. You have section II and book 6 however you did not cite which chapter from which we should take mantra 8. Regardless of that, the Samaveda does not make any reference to "Ahmad". The Samaveda is a different rendering of the major sections of the Rigveda. Meaning, there are sections dedicated to Indra, Agni, Rudra, Vishnu, Soma, etc. In fact the name "Ahmad" does not exist with the traditional Sanskrit lexicon.

Agreed, and also taking it into a historical context the Vedas where known and written almost 2000years before the live of Muhammed.

itournepal.com
18-02-2012, 07:19 AM
This is getting interesting. We need to find exactly where is it quoted ?