PDA

View Full Version : Reasons for thinking about someone

3dnow
21-12-2011, 08:13 AM
What I found is:

1. Dependency/need
2. Attachment (for no reason - or a mysterious reason)
3. Fear
4. All kind of unserious stuff (including fake love -> :redface:)
5. Anger / hatred
6. Supporting the person (if they ask) - without notion of superiority/inferiority - we cannot decide when the person needs help unless they ask
7. Sense of humor
8. Sharing interesting ideas (but avoiding 1)

If there is no 6, 7, 8 there is nothing between the person and me, the person (even if he/she is someone I know) is just a random character of the universe.

This is "unconditional love" as my mind understands.

Need feedback please.

3d

Sarian
21-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Yes, you can think of someone for all those reasons.. Some of them don't sound unconditional though, or make me think of unconditional love...like dependency and need...fake love..(which reminds me of using someone) Hatred definitely not. People can and do get angry despite loving another.

Sometimes you can think of someone just out of the blue. They just come to your mind. Maybe they are thinking of you too, or a song or movie or incident brought them to your attention.

I've felt love many times for people I don't really know..not the 'in love' type, but a genuine appreciation for the kind of person they were, or the pain they may have been or are enduring...I guess that is compassion, but it doesn't erase the love I felt for them, admiration and thankfulness that such a person is in the universe and I had the pleasure of meeting them even if for a brief moment. Perhaps that sounds cheesy, but that's just the way I am.

Enya
21-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Time to stop *thinking* about love, unconditional or otherwise, and start *feeling* love... starting with the self and the whole human race.

3dnow
21-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Yes, you can think of someone for all those reasons.. Some of them don't sound unconditional though, or make me think of unconditional love...like dependency and need...fake love..(which reminds me of using someone) Hatred definitely not. People can and do get angry despite loving another.

No I mean: If it is not 6,7,8 don't think about the person. This is unconditional love as my mind can understand.

Sometimes you can think of someone just out of the blue. They just come to your mind. Maybe they are thinking of you too, or a song or movie or incident brought them to your attention.

I've felt love many times for people I don't really know..not the 'in love' type, but a genuine appreciation for the kind of person they were, or the pain they may have been or are enduring...I guess that is compassion, but it doesn't erase the love I felt for them, admiration and thankfulness that such a person is in the universe and I had the pleasure of meeting them even if for a brief moment. Perhaps that sounds cheesy, but that's just the way I am.

Thanks for sharing...

3dnow
21-12-2011, 02:55 PM
Time to stop *thinking* about love, unconditional or otherwise, and start *feeling* love... starting with the self and the whole human race.

Yes madam this is exactly what I am doing... Fake love is a mind habit, letting it go but first understanding it.