PDA

View Full Version : this years yule

goldentimes
20-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Hi All, I would like some help for this years yuletidings. I haven't been very well these days as for having high blood pressure which is making me feel angry and etc. I would like to do yule but I didn't want to do any magic or rituals as for my emotions. So can anyone help me to think up other things I can do instead? (it only be me doing yule)I do have a small burner in my fireplace, but cannot fix a large oak log in it. So what can I burn instead of oak?
I have got a yule tree which I'm doing up in the coloures of browns and golds.
Can anyone help? :smile:

Magpie
20-12-2011, 10:29 PM
After dark, we light candles in all of our windows, to help guide and welcome the sun back. If we can, we stay up all night to watch them, and wait for sunrise. If it's not possible to stay up all night, we'll leave a flameless candle in the window as a symbol, to shine all night.

It's a relaxing way to mark the evening even if you don't plan to do any rituals, and especially nice to share with others, tell stories, and keep each other company. Or, if you're alone, to meditate, eat good food, and sit with the cats if you have any! (Mine are way too interested in the candles.) Last year we stayed up sewing small charms, but sometimes we just enjoy each other and do nothing productive at all. :)

I'm not sure something like that would work for you, but it sounds like you need some relaxation this year!

As for the Yule log, we'll usually find some deadfall in the woods near the house, and don't always worry too much about the type. I'd go for Ash if I could get it, but finding a specific log in our city can be very difficult!

goldentimes
21-12-2011, 05:59 PM
Hi Magpie, Thank you for your help and it has helped me to think of things I can do. Today I went out and about picking some evergreen for my tree and to hung some up. I did find some ash trees, so I just taken a little bit for my fire. I think I also will light a candle tonight before going to bed, I'll just relax, think about the coming spring and the new light from my sun god and give thanks to my goddess.

Thanks once again and happy yuletidings, may new spring give you happy thoughts and joy, Blessed be!

WhiteWarrior
21-12-2011, 06:10 PM
Out of curiosity, are you usually wearing gold items?

johnatre
26-12-2011, 04:38 AM
This year's yule sucked for me! I am 16, and my 18 best friend died in a car wreck on Wednesday. Hope everyone else had a great one! <3 Light and love.

Saggi
26-12-2011, 01:31 PM
This year's yule sucked for me! I am 16, and my 18 best friend died in a car wreck on Wednesday. Hope everyone else had a great one! <3 Light and love.

Much love to you in your time of sorrow :hug2:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

johnatre
27-12-2011, 02:11 AM
Much love to you in your time of sorrow :hug2:

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx
Thanks so much, You are true.