PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NYC

Diana W
21-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Hi everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. I am originally from London, England but moved to NYC 2 years ago. My wife and I have a strong interested in spiritual matters. I was a member of a spiritualist church many years ago even on the committee and was a healer. I haven't done much spiritually for the last few years but I feel myself being drawn back into it all again. I had a little look around this site and noticed there is a good variety of topics being discussed including astral projection which has fascinated me for years, but despite many attempts I haven't had one yet. I'm looking forward to getting involved in this forum and getting to know you all better :angel8:

Mother Goose
22-03-2007, 12:23 AM
welcome to SF, NYBrit! I hope you find plenty of things that interest you here. Look forward to seeing you around! :smile:

Wind of Grace
22-03-2007, 12:50 AM
WOW !!!!!! A real "Englishman in New York" !!!!!! WOW !!!!!! :D I always wondered about the adventures that this man that Sting sings about may be living in "The Big Apple". Welcome to this wonderful site :smile: I hope that you'll enjoy being here as much as I do. I just joined up three weeks ago, and I am thrilled to share ideas with the many interesting and kind people who are members of this loving space. A very warm welcome to you :hug2: Now I longer have to ask myself who the "Englishman" is...... it's you.... lol....

Love & Hugs, Wind of Grace xo.... :hug3:

kundalini
22-03-2007, 01:03 AM
Hi NYBrit and welcome to this forum. I hope that you find something that you are looking for here and are able to help others to find what they are looking for too.

Kundalini.

Diana W
22-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Thank you everyone for your warm welcomes. And Grace, I often think of that song these days! I never imagined when I first heard that song while still living in England that I would be able to identify with it so well LOL.

whitewing
22-03-2007, 03:10 PM
hello nyc
im a brit healer still .... shame you went to ny you seemed such a nice brit as well ,glad to hear you getting back to healing ....im ex snu left as i was unhappy with what was going on in the church..... and i am a happy freelance healer and have been for many years now . tho supposed to be setting up a new independant centre near southampton ( if you know the south ) anyway best of luck to you and you wife
love and light
whitewing

Diana W
22-03-2007, 09:51 PM
Yes I know the South quite well. I lived in Andover for a few years and have been to most of the coastal areas..Southampton, Bournemouth, Brighton etc. I miss the trips to the sea. Not quite the same over here. Their beach areas in NYC don't have any arcades or any of the things I'm used to from good old England.
I quit the healing scene before all the SNU rubbish started. Did briefly consider going back to it but when I heard I'd have to take a test and stuff didn't bother. It all seemed so stupid really!

AnnieB
24-03-2007, 02:01 PM
Hiya NYBrit,

I married a Brit who came over here almost 10 years ago. We live in MO. I tell him he came over here to find me. (haha) Did you meet your wife here or over there?

How do you like the states? My hubby feels very settled. Luckily we have to visit England often, so I've been back to his hometown of Kendal, in the Lake District. I'm also an addict of Hobnobs and Branston's Pickle.

Glad to connect with you!!!

Diana W
24-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Hi Annie. I met her in an internet chatroom. I wasn't planning to fall in love with an American it just happened. I came over here to see her 3 times and she visited me once. Then I finally moved over here Feb 05 and we got married.

Maranda
24-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Welcome! NYBrit.

London? I live near Guildford. Born in Glasgow though. Hi!

Diana W
25-03-2007, 08:57 PM
Guildford. I know of it but have never been there. there are a lot of places in England I never got to see. I wish I had now. I have to go back to England soon

whitewing
31-03-2007, 08:41 AM
hey
agree with you about the test but ,as you know lots of con people about over here trying to rip people off so, i joined the church just long enough to get a ticket to say i could heal and went back to being freelance again .
it a simple test really, you just have to show you can heal members of the public and answer a few questions
anyway keep in touch mate and say hello to the wife for me
love and light .... whitewing

Rach
31-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Hiya

I also married a brit from Eastleigh, near Southampton...I lived over there for three years and my Dad was born in Southampton, so I have a huge connection with England and would love to spend more time there as our kids get older!!!I have a very close friend there who shares the same interest in spiritual thoughts as I do and I miss her heaps!!!
I am very new to this site and look forward to getting to know you all!!!
Cheers:smile: