PDA

View Full Version : days off.

learning to heal
18-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Hi... I have a little problem and was wondering if someone could help please :icon_frown:

Long story cut short - I left home due to domestic violence about 5 weeks ago. It's the second time I have left. I have managed to get a job which keeps me veryyyyy busy... except on that day I have off. Where - I crash. I can't sleep and I binge on food/emotional eating, and I feel very low and upset. I realise I need this day to rest because my body can't handle working so many hours, but all this free time............
It feels that until I do the eating, I almost don't have permission to get in bed and try sleep. I have such a terrible time with anxiety...
Work, friends gone back home for christmas, family problems...

I can't stand any time to myself, to think or have the space to breathe . I just feel I will fall apart. And before I got this job I was so depressed I wanted to give up on everything.
It's just so hard - I'm not even sure what I am asking for in this post.. I feel like I am doing everything to try and heal, but I am suppressing a lot and it comes out in my dreams too, in nightmares. It's so exhausting.

Thank you so much for reading, means a lot.

John32241
18-12-2011, 12:28 PM
Meditation that involves imaginary conversations with your inner wisdom will help you.

Best Wishes!!
John

Racer X
19-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Hi... I have a little problem and was wondering if someone could help please :icon_frown:

Long story cut short - I left home due to domestic violence about 5 weeks ago. It's the second time I have left.

Good~!:smile:

I have managed to get a job which keeps me veryyyyy busy... except on that day I have off. Where - I crash. I can't sleep and I binge on food/emotional eating, and I feel very low and upset. I realise I need this day to rest because my body can't handle working so many hours, but all this free time............

You are seeking substitutes for a lack of Love~

Substitutes will drain you very quickly~

It feels that until I do the eating, I almost don't have permission to get in bed and try sleep. I have such a terrible time with anxiety...
Work, friends gone back home for christmas, family problems...

When one feels Love...... Where does the feeling arise from??

Do you not feel it INSIDE yourself?

It has not left for it has nowhere to go.......

You only need to find it again~

I can't stand any time to myself, to think or have the space to breathe . I just feel I will fall apart.

Panic is a bluff from our false nature...... I know just how real it feels though...... how we feel like dying.

And before I got this job I was so depressed I wanted to give up on everything.
It's just so hard - I'm not even sure what I am asking for in this post.. I feel like I am doing everything to try and heal, but I am suppressing a lot and it comes out in my dreams too, in nightmares. It's so exhausting.

Yes/// it most certainly is~

Thank you so much for reading, means a lot.

I suggest working with "A Course In Miracles by Foundation For Inner Freedom" because you need a Miracle to break through this!

Will you do that for you? :hug2:

aek11
19-12-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi learningtoheal~ I'll try to give you the best input that I am able to and hope it helps. I'm not a doctor or professional or anything so anything I say is just "what I would do if I were you"

First I'll talk about my past experience. About 5 years ago, my body just completely crashed. I had no serious diseases or anything but, I had no ability to do anything. I didn't even realize that it was physical because it felt more mental or emotional or stress. This is because my symptoms were that I was so exhausted, I couldn't study or concentrate. I felt so anxious all the time and therefore had no impulse control where I would binge drink or engage in potentially dangerous behavior. And I would sleep all the time even if I ahve to study. I would only wake up to eat or drink. And I was so stressed. I felt so depressed like my entire life felt just clogged up. The energy just felt clogged and it's like living in an endless fog. I lost most of my friends because I was acting so unreliable and the rest , I was so depressed I had no desire or energy to engage in social activity anymore. I didn't have any romantic relationships for a couple years. I had to take a break from college. I had no job because I wasn't able to have enough energy. Etc...

I won't get into the details of how and why I decided to do this because it's a long story but...I changed the way I eat. Before I was eating everyday at restaurants, drinking alcohol, thai food, sushi, burgers, junk food, all that good stuff.

Within three days of eliminating certain foods, I immediately felt really great. And then my entire life changed. I finished my degree, I had so much energy, my mind felt clear instead of foggy so I could concentrate, I reconnected with most old friends and my social life as back to normal. I haven't NOT had a relationship since then (except for right now it's been a few months). I'm working now in a foreign country. I'm no longer depressed or anxious. Also all my physical discomfort is gone which I had a long list. Like neuropathy, skin is clear though my skin was good before too but better, no constant infections, etc etc. Anyways, of course my life is not the same as yours and I don't know exactly what you're oging through. Only you can know what you are going through. But I truly believe that in so many cases of people going through these types of situations, our bodies are just crashing from all this food that we are not able to handle well. I liken it to slowly poisoning our bodies everyday. That maybe when you were younger it could handle it, but over the years it built up and it just went downhill.

I also want to add that before I tried changing how I eat, I tried different energy healing, spiritual techniques, self-help... but I think my body was so clogged from the food it was just overriding everything I was trying. I swear I did hours and hours and hours and spent thousands on these things. I tried to feel good, I tried to try. But now when I am eating good, I don't have to try to feel good, it's just effortless.

Eating changed my physical body, it changed how I feel in the world, it changed how I think, but it also changed my spirituality, and how you eat affects what you attract into your life (if you believe in the law of attraction). Your financial health, your relationships, etc. It will also allow you to be at your best game with giving you enough energy, clarity of mind, stability of emotions, and just a general sense of well being.

So as I said, I'm not a professional or doctor in any sense, but, if I were in a situation similar, I think maybe what I might do is cut out the biggest allergy offenders such as wheat, dairy, eggs, soy. If I wanted extreme results, I might even go extreme such as a raw food diet. My first course of elimination of food was taking out the foods I was allergic to but everyone has different allergies. Mine were wheat, soy, eggs, dairy, peanut, cane sugar, mushroom, bell peppers, garlic. This made me feel a lot better, over 50%. But later I went further to eliminate more and that made the rest of the difference but I don't think it's necessary for one to go extreme in the beginning.

As for cravings and sleep problems, I find that what helps sometimes is a supplement called 5-HTP because it boosts your serotonin levels. I don't take it always but sometimes if I am on PMS, I get some cravings and it helps then. And I've suggested it to a few friends who were trying to lose weight but had uncontrollable cravings and the feedback has been that you eat a satiating amount and then you just stop when it's enough with no desire for more. But you're not supposed to take it if you take antidepressants by the way. Just something I might try if I had cravings or sleeping issues.

Spiritmessenger
19-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by aek11
Hi learningtoheal~ I'll try to give you the best input that I am able to and hope it helps. I'm not a doctor or professional or anything so anything I say is just "what I would do if I were you"

First I'll talk about my past experience. About 5 years ago, my body just completely crashed. I had no serious diseases or anything but, I had no ability to do anything. I didn't even realize that it was physical because it felt more mental or emotional or stress. This is because my symptoms were that I was so exhausted, I couldn't study or concentrate. I felt so anxious all the time and therefore had no impulse control where I would binge drink or engage in potentially dangerous behavior. And I would sleep all the time even if I ahve to study. I would only wake up to eat or drink. And I was so stressed. I felt so depressed like my entire life felt just clogged up. The energy just felt clogged and it's like living in an endless fog. I lost most of my friends because I was acting so unreliable and the rest , I was so depressed I had no desire or energy to engage in social activity anymore. I didn't have any romantic relationships for a couple years. I had to take a break from college. I had no job because I wasn't able to have enough energy. Etc...

I won't get into the details of how and why I decided to do this because it's a long story but...I changed the way I eat. Before I was eating everyday at restaurants, drinking alcohol, thai food, sushi, burgers, junk food, all that good stuff.

Within three days of eliminating certain foods, I immediately felt really great. And then my entire life changed. I finished my degree, I had so much energy, my mind felt clear instead of foggy so I could concentrate, I reconnected with most old friends and my social life as back to normal. I haven't NOT had a relationship since then (except for right now it's been a few months). I'm working now in a foreign country. I'm no longer depressed or anxious. Also all my physical discomfort is gone which I had a long list. Like neuropathy, skin is clear though my skin was good before too but better, no constant infections, etc etc. Anyways, of course my life is not the same as yours and I don't know exactly what you're oging through. Only you can know what you are going through. But I truly believe that in so many cases of people going through these types of situations, our bodies are just crashing from all this food that we are not able to handle well. I liken it to slowly poisoning our bodies everyday. That maybe when you were younger it could handle it, but over the years it built up and it just went downhill.

Eating changed my physical body, it changed how I feel in the world, it changed how I think, but it also changed my spirituality, and how you eat affects what you attract into your life (if you believe in the law of attraction). Your financial health, your relationships, etc. It will also allow you to be at your best game with giving you enough energy, clarity of mind, stability of emotions, and just a general sense of well being.

So as I said, I'm not a professional or doctor in any sense, but, if I were in a situation similar, I think maybe what I might do is cut out the biggest allergy offenders such as wheat, dairy, eggs, soy. If I wanted extreme results, I might even go extreme such as a raw food diet. My first course of elimination of food was taking out the foods I was allergic to but everyone has different allergies. Mine were wheat, soy, eggs, dairy, peanut, cane sugar, mushroom, bell peppers, garlic. This made me feel a lot better, over 50%. But later I went further to eliminate more and that made the rest of the difference but I don't think it's necessary for one to go extreme in the beginning.

As for cravings and sleep problems, I find that what helps sometimes is a supplement called 5-HTP because it boosts your serotonin levels. I don't take it always but sometimes if I am on PMS, I get some cravings and it helps then. And I've suggested it to a few friends who were trying to lose weight but had uncontrollable cravings and the feedback has been that you eat a satiating amount and then you just stop when it's enough with no desire for more.
Hi learning to heal :smile:
Firstly I'm sorry to hear about your problems dear....try and think positively about the fact that you are out of the domestic violence situation now and that you have a job that keeps your mined busy also take up some sort of hobby that relaxes your mind on your days off...go to a cinema if possible or a show something that gets you out...some breathing exercises can help.... also the advice given by aek11 about food is excellent....all the chemicals that we eat in junk and processed foods play havoc with our minds and bodies, it upsets the natural chemical balance of our own bodies causing many psychological and physical problems....I know because I'm talking too, from my own experience with food and what it can do to you. Have a good clear out of your body even if it's just for a few of weeks and I promise you...you will notice the difference in your energy for a start.

I also recommend doing some form of exercise...it help to get the circulation going and squeezes all the toxins out of the muscles but drink plenty of water after exercising. Dancing around the house to some lively music helps lift our moods as well.

It's time dear for you to look after yourself and your body....love yourself, and your body and get rid of all the ****. You also need some one to talk to that you don't know who can listen to you. Have you tried a domestic abuse help line? you may need some councilling from a professional to help.

Now for the breathing exercises....put on some relaxing music...sit up strait in a comfortable chair, first take in a few deep breaths in through your nose and hold them for as long as you can then slowly let the breaths out through your mouth...the object of these first few breaths is to take your mind away from outer concerns and to relax your mind. Then breath in through your nose down into your belly feeling your belly filling up....don't hold onto the breaths, but as you exhale slowly through your mouth bring your belly back in toward your back bone...focusing your whole attention on your breathing and your belly going out and then in. Now as you breath out take your mind down to the base of your spine and push the energy with your belly going in, up the spine to the brain
Breathing in this way helps to circulate more oxygen around the brain and the body, helping with concentration relaxation and much more both physically, mentally and emotionally.

I hope this helps...all the best for the future dear and hang in there...remember nothing last forever. We can change our lives by changing the way we think and act, but some times a little help is need from more experienced people.
Sending you love and best wishes for the future. :hug2:

learning to heal
22-12-2011, 01:29 AM
a warm thank you, thank you so much for all your replies! :hug2:

Dear John,

please could you give me an example/guide me? I mean, it sounds pretty straightforward but I'm not managing.... :redface:
Either I'm struggling to connect with my inner wisdom or my mind is just taking over speaking rubbish..... I don't know why it feels so hard... Like I'm trying to meditate and my mind wonders off straight away. One thing that has been helping though is taking deep breaths. Maybe I am suppose to start off that way... then try talking to my inner wisdom gently again...

Dear Racer X,

"When one feels Love...... Where does the feeling arise from??
Do you not feel it INSIDE yourself?
It has not left for it has nowhere to go.......
You only need to find it again~

because you need a Miracle to break through this! Will you do that for you?"

was really heartfelt... what a superb question, and how hard it is to answer!!...
Everything you said made a lot of sense.
Seeking substitute for lack of love.... - but being on my own I struggle to know how to find love within... I just- I feel pretty disconnect once again. Not as bad as last year, but I don't feel present most of the time. I feel I'm off in a world of my own. And I can't seem to get of there no matter what I'm doing. And in the world of my own, there are thick walls built pretty high. So I can hear what's going on but I can't see much but the top... Meaning a lot of the time lately I seem to 'click' or realise something days after it happened . And the past week as well I have managed to get my hands so try dry working or because of cold weather, but so dry that they got cuts and have been bleeding. I've bought some cream from pharmacy and they are slowly healing, but then today I tripped and fell and bruised my legs and and my knees were bleeding. I can't help but wonder that my higher self is trying to tell me something about what is going on with me internally...?

Dear aek11,

thank you so much for sharing your experience with me :) I really appreciate it. Unfortunately cutting out foods like that is a big trigger for me. I realised yesterday that if I took the focus from food - to the real issue, I wouldn't be wanting to binge on food trying to cover up my feelings. I am vegetarian so if I were cutting out, I'd have to be careful as well. What I was doing before was cutting out all sugar - so I crashed... it was my impulse to cut out sugar but ended up overeating it.

Dear Spiritmessenger,

definitely want to start exercising, even if it's long walks again. I am skinny by nature but gain and lose weight very easily when I'm depressed or anxious. With overworking at new job and trying to save money I haven't been able to go to the gym and I know for a fact that exercise helps me so much to feel better emotionally! ..
I guess I'm trying to juggle work, money and paying rent, food, transport etc. And then when I have extra use it for gym and other things that can help. Counselling too - I'm in 2 minds. Half of me thinks I should go for it, the other half just wants to get on with it you know? I say this because it's the second time I have left home, now I'm much more aware and more focussed on being practical. But it's true... I do need someone there for support. I will look into it.
Thank you so much for your breathing exercises, they have helped a lot!!! I think we take breathing for granted?!!

John32241
22-12-2011, 10:51 AM
Dear John,

please could you give me an example/guide me? I mean, it sounds pretty straightforward but I'm not managing.... :redface:
Either I'm struggling to connect with my inner wisdom or my mind is just taking over speaking rubbish..... I don't know why it feels so hard... Like I'm trying to meditate and my mind wonders off straight away. One thing that has been helping though is taking deep breaths. Maybe I am suppose to start off that way... then try talking to my inner wisdom gently again...

Yes just about everyone wants a guide for this, and there is none. it is a unique experience for each of us. A very good explanation for this process is presented in this Kryon channeled message.
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_Laguna%20Hills-11.html

I hope that helps.

John