PDA

View Full Version : Guidance

ravensong
17-12-2011, 07:07 PM
I have always been drawn to Wicca. Can someone please tell me more about it. Thank you.

norseman
17-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Check this idea :smile:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7533

Lostgirl
18-12-2011, 06:54 AM
You should get a pretty good idea from alot of the posts here too :)

Chrode
20-12-2011, 12:55 AM
I have always been drawn to Wicca. Can someone please tell me more about it. Thank you.

How can you bee drawn bye something you don't know about? :S

Medium_Laura
20-12-2011, 02:57 AM
There are many posts here about the religion. It's wonderful and love based. :)

Lostgirl
20-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Did yo not get a calling?!? When i first started out i knew nothing about it but i "knew" what i was! Maybe offer some advice to answer the question. Everyone needs help at the start especially. If they know this is for them we should help them to find all the information we can so they are sure if anything!

Chrode
20-12-2011, 04:18 AM
Did yo not get a calling?!?

No i became a wiccan because of my reason.

Lostgirl
20-12-2011, 07:33 AM
No i became a wiccan because of my reason.
Ok well some people feel a calling for it..... I knew very little but i alwasy felt drawn to it (im not wiccan might i add). When i learnt more - as this person is trying to do - i realised that it was for me and i understood why i had been drawn to it in the first place. Sometimes you dont need to know much about something to know its the right path for you.

Anyway back to the original question, there are also many great online forums you can join and some good books you can get aswell for getting the basics :D

norseman
20-12-2011, 08:19 AM
I explored the arts and skills of the Cunning Folk for decades before even knowing. When I got the "calling", it was like all the skills and crafts and knowledge were just switched on and I knew exactly what I was. Nothing to do with reason, it's all instinctual and emotional [ and the direction of an old wiccan HPS :smile: who recognised me for what I was]

Chrode
20-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Ok well some people feel a calling for it..... I knew very little but i alwasy felt drawn to it (im not wiccan might i add). When i learnt more - as this person is trying to do - i realised that it was for me and i understood why i had been drawn to it in the first place. Sometimes you dont need to know much about something to know its the right path for you.

Anyway back to the original question, there are also many great online forums you can join and some good books you can get aswell for getting the basics :D

How do you know that your path is the right path?

norseman
20-12-2011, 10:06 AM

I think "know" is the wrong word to use. "Feel" is probably better !

LadyMoondancer
20-12-2011, 11:01 AM

the same way that YOU know that YOUR path is YOUR right path.
you know - I don't want to start another "discussion" but chrode, you need to stop putting people down for their chosen paths. - what is right for YOU, may not be right for others and vice versa.

Medium_Laura
20-12-2011, 12:50 PM
I also got the calling at age 20. I knew because I had questioned Christianity from the young age of 7.

Lostgirl
20-12-2011, 01:08 PM
How about we get back on topic instead of swarming this persons thread with the wrong kind of thing. Chrode if you have any questions start your own thread we are here to offer help to the other person :)

norseman
20-12-2011, 03:25 PM
You should get a pretty good idea from alot of the posts here too :)

Probably the best suggestion :smile:

Chrode
20-12-2011, 03:26 PM

I will make a new thread to people like you. :smile:

ravensong
29-12-2011, 02:35 PM
Thank you all for all of your help. I will search this forum for other posts related to my questions. Thanks Again.

Tarz
29-12-2011, 07:26 PM
It must be in the Name :wink:

I don't know him, but Norseman is on the ball

Lostgirl
29-12-2011, 08:27 PM
Norsey is truely amazing!

Tarz
29-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Well, I would not go that far

Lostgirl
30-12-2011, 11:05 AM
Oh but he is :) very knowledgable :D

Tarz
30-12-2011, 12:32 PM
OK - no reply other then that, sorry

Lostgirl
30-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Well it was a thrilling reply.

Occultist
30-12-2011, 05:46 PM
getting this back on the correct path perhaps.
What aspects of Wicca are you most drawn to and why?.
Is it mostly the writings of Gerald Gardner or are you more of the Americanized version of a Wiccan?
I am more curious about how you came to realize that Wicca was your calling..
Also what info are you seeking on Wicca?
Its basics the founder of the Wiccan movement or?

Tarz
30-12-2011, 05:57 PM
Well it was a thrilling reply.
Thank you :)

Getting this back on the correct path perhaps.
lovely Idea...

I have never been drawn to wicca or witchcraft myself, in saying that, I can't remember how I got started :confused: