PDA

View Full Version : Why call it silence?

3dnow
17-12-2011, 03:21 PM
True nature is called "silence".

This implies that there is nothing.

I think joy, curiosity, intelligence etc should be part of TN. So it is not silent.

Why call it silence?

Etu Malku
17-12-2011, 03:32 PM

I think joy, curiosity, intelligence etc should be part of TN. So it is not silent.

Why call it silence?Where have you heard this? Could you elaborate on this post.

Arcturus
17-12-2011, 03:41 PM
i'm not sure it's silence in the same way as we "know" it.

krishnamurti on silence:: http://www.hindu-blog.com/2010/02/jiddu-krishnamurti-on-silence.html

3dnow
17-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Where have you heard this? Could you elaborate on this post.

Some info here:
www.puresilence.org

Miss Hepburn
17-12-2011, 03:52 PM
i'm not sure it's silence in the same way as we "know" it.

krishnamurti on silence:: http://www.hindu-blog.com/2010/02/jiddu-krishnamurti-on-silence.html (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/redir.php?link=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hindu-blog.com%2F2010%2F02%2Fjiddu-krishnamurti-on-silence.html)
A Hindu Blog site!
Thank you - great discourse.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Interesting signature - who said this, I wonder...I have none of those...ever anymore...ever...
by the Grace of God, I give all credit to renewing me...:notworthy:

Elijah
17-12-2011, 04:00 PM
Silence to me doesn't imply that there is nothing. As the first bit of the page you linked stated:

"It is right here within you and all around you, a stillness, an apparent void, a seeming nothingness out of which everything arises, exists, and eventually returns."

Thus if that which is called silence is the source of all that IS it is simultaneously no-thing and every-thing, since that which arises cannot be separate from it's source, it is one & the same.

Etu Malku
17-12-2011, 04:00 PM

Why call it silence?Ok, thanks for the link, I read the page.
What is TN? (True Nature?)
I'm just trying to get at what you are questioning here.

3dnow
17-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Ok, thanks for the link, I read the page.
What is TN? (True Nature?)
I'm just trying to get at what you are questioning here.

Yes it is True Nature.

Silence implies only awareness if I understand correctly.

I think there should be joy too.

3d

Heart
17-12-2011, 04:06 PM

Why call it silence?

silence is like the mirror surface of a great lake whose depth is unfathomable unknowable, yet a single drop of water is easily seen as ripples on its surface effecting the whole body of water even though those incomprehendable depths are not seen, they are effected by the resonance of that one drop of water, in this state of mind you see and feel all

Arcturus
17-12-2011, 04:09 PM
A Hindu Blog site!
Thank you - great discourse.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Interesting signature - who said this, I wonder...I have none of those...ever anymore...ever...
by the Grace of God, I give all credit to renewing me...:notworthy:

heya, the sig is by the same chap who did the discourse on silence you read- j krishnamurti. it is from this talk at the united nations part 5:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY3yxz1h2XA i highly recommend the whole playlist as it's one of the most annhilating discourses i've ever listened to:: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fzV8QH1JeE&list=PL96590B7023F0F089&feature=plpp_play_all

i'm not sure one should ever state that they are without certain traits, not that you aren't, but a conclusion on such an open and live thing is perhaps dangerous maybe??

sorry to go off topic...

Arcturus
17-12-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes it is True Nature.

Silence implies only awareness if I understand correctly.

I think there should be joy too.

3d

seems like a good way to put it. i should imagine that joy occurs within awareness.

Etu Malku
17-12-2011, 04:19 PM

Why call it silence?Ok, I seem to understand the philosophy behind this. I don't see any relation between true nature and silence.

Silence can only occur inside a void, a vacuum, where there truly is Nothing, and this Nothingness is stasis, entropy, what we all should avoid if we are to celebrate and enjoy our Life here on Earth.

For Earth and Us are not Silence, we/Earth/Nature are all vibrating, creating frequencies, harmonizing with other frequencies, collectively creating the Symphony of the Universe.

So no, Silence = death

CuriousSnowflake
17-12-2011, 04:36 PM

Why call it silence?

I think that people call it "silence" to contrast against the "sound and fury, signifying nothing" that makes up the better part of our existence in Western society. The moments when we are caught up in the power and beauty of our world are moments of stillness, moments outside of time we grasp hold of and examine as we would a precious jewel. IMHO, it is through these contrasting moments of "silence" that we create meaning in our lives.

CS

3dnow
17-12-2011, 05:01 PM
As I see it it silence is absence of non-sense.

But I wouldn't call it silence. This is confusing.

I would call it TN and explain what it is.

TzuJanLi
17-12-2011, 05:16 PM
Greetings..

I'm okay with silence being the absence of noise.. why is there so much 'noise about silence'?

Be well..

Humm
17-12-2011, 05:28 PM
I think that people call it "silence" to contrast against the "sound and fury, signifying nothing" that makes up the better part of our existence in Western society. The moments when we are caught up in the power and beauty of our world are moments of stillness, moments outside of time we grasp hold of and examine as we would a precious jewel. IMHO, it is through these contrasting moments of "silence" that we create meaning in our lives.

CS

Insightful! :hug3:

Lisa
17-12-2011, 07:17 PM
Silence is the language of God.

TzuJanLi
17-12-2011, 07:29 PM
Greetings..

Cool.. that leaves us out of it, then.. appropriately so..

Be well..

Etu Malku
17-12-2011, 07:30 PM
Silence is the language of God.If only He would keep silent though! :director: :confused1:

Silver
17-12-2011, 07:35 PM
If only He would keep silent though! :director: :confused1:

Ha! Points for the most creative use of smilies~*

(I'm done)

Shabby
17-12-2011, 07:57 PM
I think our true nature is referred to as silence because there is no mind to judge, interpret or question it's existence. Silence refers to the absence of thought. Joy might be an aspect of one's true nature, but then so is Love and Peace.

3dnow
17-12-2011, 08:34 PM

Silence is silence.

God is noise.

tatataaaaaa

Heart
17-12-2011, 11:45 PM
now where did i hear the saying....

'silence is louder than noise'

i wonder what that means

Lisa
18-12-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally Posted by Lisa

Tzu- Cool.. that leaves us out of it, then.. appropriately so..

Not all of us. :cool:

Lisa
18-12-2011, 03:41 PM
I think our true nature is referred to as silence because there is no mind to judge, interpret or question it's existence. Silence refers to the absence of thought. Joy might be an aspect of one's true nature, but then so is Love and Peace.

Very Nice, Shabby. :smile:

Lisa
18-12-2011, 03:43 PM
Silence is silence.

God is noise.

tatataaaaaa

lalalalala