PDA

View Full Version : Worship

Chrode
14-12-2011, 11:56 PM
In the Charges they say how to perform rituals but not when.

What do you think? When are we going to worship the god and goddess and making sacrifice?

Animus27
15-12-2011, 04:20 AM
In the Charges they say how to perform rituals but not when.

What do you think? When are we going to worship the god and goddess and making sacrifice?
I'd say the Wheel of the Year calendar festivals, or the traditional "esbats" held on, or near the full moon.

norseman
15-12-2011, 08:24 AM
The Wheel of the Year is divided up by the four solar festivals at the cardinal points and four fire festivals at the cross-quarter points - this forms the Craft Year of eight festivals. These are "worship" days but bear in mind that the actual dates are approximate, given that the origins of the festivals were in agriculture.

Animus27
15-12-2011, 12:54 PM
The Wheel of the Year is divided up by the four solar festivals at the cardinal points and four fire festivals at the cross-quarter points - this forms the Craft Year of eight festivals. These are "worship" days but bear in mind that the actual dates are approximate, given that the origins of the festivals were in agriculture.
Yeah that's something I've always stressed when giving advice to people in building a calendar. The dates for festivals were mostly fluid (for the Celtic Fire Festivals in particular) and relied on certain phenomenon and it doesn't make sense to celebrate LĂșnastal in the southern hemisphere on it's modern date of May 1st. I think pagans and Wiccans should feel free to take license in customizing their calendars to fit their local climate and natural cycles, it makes for a much more meaningful celebration, in my opinion. :smile: