PDA

View Full Version : Identities

rsingh
11-12-2011, 12:23 AM
I guess the first identity I acquired was that I am my body. Then I assumed it as myself whatever happened inside my body. Thoughts happened and I thought that I was my thoughts. Feelings happened and I thought I was my feelings. Mind collected impressions from outside and stored in its memory. Therefore I assumed that I was my knowledge. Based on this knowledge I acquired some skills and so I considered myself as my skills. So I acquired hundreds of identities as such based on my sense perceptions and thoughts. But my sense perceptions do not perceive reality and my thoughts are not true. So my acquired identities were not true. What is my true identity? Many spiritual teachers say that our true identity is consciousness or in other words consciousness exists prior to our sense perceptions and thoughts. We have to be conscious of our sense perceptions to perceive and we have to be conscious of our thoughts to interpret or analyse. Is it true that our consciousness is our true identity?

hybrid
11-12-2011, 01:41 PM
yes !!!!!!!!!!

Mayflow
11-12-2011, 02:14 PM
If by "consciousness" you mean the physical brains and bodies that are discussing here.... then if that is our true identities, they will cease to be within a hundred years or less.

hybrid
11-12-2011, 02:23 PM
yessss!!!!!!!!!!

Shabby
11-12-2011, 02:34 PM
I say No, because consciousness is duality as one can be conscious and unconscious. To me the absolute must be beyond consciousness as the real is not subject to an opposite. It is all there is.

BTW great question rsingh. I enjoy reading your posts very much. They are with great wisdom : )

mattie
11-12-2011, 02:45 PM
All of what you mention, awareness of the body, thought, feelings, experiences, knowledge, & skills are part of your consciousness or identity. "We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience." - Teilhard de Chardin- French philosopher

We are a part (aspect) of a much larger energy field. That we are part of this doesn’t mean that our perceptions & identity we have here are false though or that our being part of an extended energy field invalidates our exploring individuality. Our aspect here is just as honored & respected as ANY other part of our energy field. We have come here to have an important experience that isn’t possible in Ds where we can’t experience individuality.

Some of this feeling we aren’t our real consciousness is a holdover from organized religion’s disrespect of self or just a misunderstanding of how our individual energies relate to our extended energy field. Organized religion has long taught that the higher energies (God) are separate & vastly superior to us. Some organized religions have taught that we are inherently flawed. Both are incorrect. The higher energies aren’t separate & we aren’t inferior. We may not be at the same level, but we are taking the same steps of learning & experiencing that those who are further along in their journey have. There is a misunderstanding w/ some post-organized relgion spirituality writers that our expanding our consciousness to connect w/ our I AM presence or Godself (5D energies) entails dissolving our presence as indivuals. As the Dalai Lama has said about Oneness, it’s not Me OR We, but Me + We. Suzan Carroll has noted, ‘However, this “new” group form is not a “herd mentality” but is, instead, a group mentality in which the sense of individuality is not lost. Instead, “individuality” lives in “unity” with Oneness.’ (http://www.multidimensions.com/Superconscious/super_integration_awakening.html)

When our physical body dies, we return to our other energies, even though these are not merged at this time to, essentially, download or share our experiences as an individual to our other aspects. Our multiple aspects merge in 7D (1-12D).
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=277497#post277497

That nothing is true w/ our personal energies until we are our whole merged energy of SELF, the Soul Family, or Oversoul would invalidate ALL the experiences the SELF has as individual aspects. ALL of what we & the other aspects perceive is VERY true & part of our overall SELF’s learning process.

Why do you think your sense perceptions don’t perceive reality or your thoughts are true?

God-Like
11-12-2011, 03:03 PM
Is it true that our consciousness is our true identity?

Hi rsingh

What Is aware of what one In conscious of?

x dazzle x

rsingh
12-12-2011, 01:35 AM
I say No, because consciousness is duality as one can be conscious and unconscious. To me the absolute must be beyond consciousness as the real is not subject to an opposite. It is all there is.

BTW great question rsingh. I enjoy reading your posts very much. They are with great wisdom : )

Thanks Shabby for the compliment.

It requires wisdom to recognize wisdom.

Yes absolute must be beyond consciousness. Absolute is aware of his creation through consciousness as I know. So consciousness is one aspect of the Absolute. There must be many other aspects of the Absolute. He is creator. He is Love. He is intelligence. He is power and so on.

Papa Bear
12-12-2011, 01:54 AM
I guess the first identity I acquired was that I am my body. Then I assumed it as myself whatever happened inside my body. Thoughts happened and I thought that I was my thoughts. Feelings happened and I thought I was my feelings. Mind collected impressions from outside and stored in its memory. Therefore I assumed that I was my knowledge. Based on this knowledge I acquired some skills and so I considered myself as my skills. So I acquired hundreds of identities as such based on my sense perceptions and thoughts. But my sense perceptions do not perceive reality and my thoughts are not true. So my acquired identities were not true. What is my true identity? Many spiritual teachers say that our true identity is consciousness or in other words consciousness exists prior to our sense perceptions and thoughts. We have to be conscious of our sense perceptions to perceive and we have to be conscious of our thoughts to interpret or analyse. Is it true that our consciousness is our true identity?

Hi rsingh, just an additional thought, what of unconscious natural ethereal and astral experiences, which occur when most are asleep. Are they worth/less because the human consciousness struggles to remember or associate with them, in the fuller picture of a whole beings experience?

There is more in heaven and earth than the human mind understands.

rsingh
12-12-2011, 02:01 AM
Hi Papa Bear.

There is much more than human beings can perceive or understand but we do not know about it if we are not conscious of it. All we can do is to dive into the spirit and know the essence of everything but we cannot know everything as I understand.