PDA

View Full Version : Which kind of “presence” is that?

Shalimar
09-12-2011, 12:33 PM
Before I tell you all about it, I have to specify that this happened to my husband and even though he has a bit improved about the spiritual, when I met him he was a total unbeliever about anything that has to do with spirituality. He is the type of person who will say “there is a logical explanation, I’m sure of it”
He told me that each time he was in the timber cutting trees, he always felt like if someone was standing behind him. The feeling was so strong, so real that each time he could not help but turn around to see “who” was there but each time there was never anyone. Still the “presence” remained. He resigned himself to admit that he could not explain that one and chose to just disregard it. This happened in all the different forests he's been, in the area but also in different areas as we had moved a lot.
Recently after about 12 years of not being a professional logger, he has taken back some logging now and then and he told me that “the presence” was still there as real as can be and still invisible. He said that even though he knows that he won’t see anyone behind him, he still can’t help but turning around because it is so real.
I have to specify that my husband loves the forest, and being alone in the timber. He is very respectful of it and always been a careful logger, cutting only what needed to be cut and not damaging the other trees in the process. He always said that he won’t cut what is supposed to remain and grow so that the forest keeps growing.
Anyone reading this post who is not a believer in that kind of things has to remember that what happened to him started back then when he was totally closed to anything spiritual. He is a very logical person, a “down to earth type of person”, that doesn’t get tricked by imagination. He is not the "fearful" type at all.
He only told me about it years after it happened, only once he started to warm up to spiritual things, because until that time he never took his experience seriously and dismissed it. Now he just accepts it as a fact, he can’t deny what happened to him for years and is still the same now.
Things of the sort happened to me and I will post my own experience another time. In the mid time I wanted to hear from anyone who has an idea about “who” that presence could be? Did any of you have a similar experience or knows someone who did? What do you think? Is it a ghost, is it the spirit of a logger who accompany him in the timber, is it an angel protecting him as accidents happen easily in the forest when you log, is there a “spirit of timber” standing by him when he log?
Thanks for your insights, :smile:

Peace:hug3:

ThoughtOnFire
09-12-2011, 06:10 PM
It could be himself, traveling through time and space as he sleeps, for the "Spirit Consciousness" does do so.

When I sleep, my "Spirit Consciousness" travels through time and space. Mostly "I" visit the future, usually the next day after waking up from sleep. Sometimes it can be years in advance. I will forget the "dream" until that event takes place, and then I remember the dream.

Does he feel guilty for logging? Even though he takes trees that are ready and not healthy/etc. He could be recognizing his life review, with a conscience.

Shalimar
09-12-2011, 09:11 PM
Thanks for your input Thoughtonfire, you mentioned something I had not thought about. :smile:
As far as I know he doesn't feel guilty, he really never said he felt bad about it. For sure he is not scared, he doesn't feel threatened by "the presence" it's just there, very strong because it feels as much as if another human beings was really standing behind him.
Peace :icon_flower:

Juanita
09-12-2011, 10:46 PM
shalimar, has he lost someone that he loved very much???? It sounds to me like he has a "loved one" watching over him -- a parent or other family member who has crossed over...... It is common for believers to feel the presence of loved ones, but extraordinary for a non-believer.....the presence is using strong energy to be felt so strongly.

Shalimar
09-12-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks Juanita for sharing your thoughts :happy3: The persons that had crossed over on the other side when he started logging were: his Grandpa from his Mom's side and both Grandpa and Grandma from his Dad's side.
Peace :icon_flower:

Maynah
10-12-2011, 03:38 AM
Hi Shalimar,
That is an interesting story. Thought I'd just put my 2c worth in, just a thought really. If I were to go out logging trees I would say a prayer every time. Thank the nature spirits and pay respect to the ancestors of the land. Whenever I travel, especially to places where I feel a lot of past hurt has happened to the native people and land I thank them for allowing me to visit. Otherwise I have a bad sleep.

I'm sure there are a lot of members on this site that are familiar with nature spirits and what you can do to work with them, ask them for guidance and protection. Maybe post in this section http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=132
Hope that's helped.

earthprowler
10-12-2011, 07:23 AM
my husband works on trains for a living. underneath them a lot. there have been numerous times where it is supposed to be locked and not to move until he is all done and cleared out from under it, but human error has stepped in a few times.

on those times he has see his guardian angel or guide (he met her when he was three) right before something bad has happened and he has scrambled for safety.

i wonder if it's possible that this is the case for your husband, just staying back in case of he need to warn him in time.

Shalimar
11-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Thanks Maynah for your thought and advice, I've just followed it...:wink: When I was looking where to place my post I had thought about it but was not sure and thought about Ghosts/ spirits but was not sure either that is why I ended up putting it in "General".
So far it could really be a deceased loved one, an angel, or "a spirit of the forest"...For the "spirit of the forest" I am really not familiar with that so I'll see what comes up in that section. My husband is too down to earth to get involved with the "presence" as to "thank the nature spirits and ancestors of the land", he says that he just accepts to feel that "presence" behind him when he logs.
But I agree with you Maynah, I remember doing that few times not really understanding why, just doing it because I had the urge to do it. It was a forest where I loved to walk and meditate (where I lived before my last move) and there was something about it, that forest was so "alive" or maybe in that forest I was more receptive so my "eyes and ears" were more open...And it was a place where a Native American Tribe had lived for a long time, artifacts had been found.
Thanks also to you Earthprowler, yeah, "the protection" aspect of the situation is what came to my mind first, because I know how dangerous it is to log especially alone (most of the time my husband went alone if anything would have happened to whim no human being would have been there to rescue him).
Peace :hug3: