PDA

View Full Version : A 'All threads I am in with new content since last visit' button, please?

WhiteWarrior
08-12-2011, 09:01 PM
One of the things about this website that actually frustrates me is that it is hard to keep up with the threads I am posting in. If I return after a full day there are easily 15+ PAGES of thread listings when I hit 'new posts since last visit', and I do not have the kind of memory that lets me remember at sight every little thread I have been in. This makes it cumbersome to give people who have replied to me, first priority in posting, as well as keep an eye on those thread at all. Some days I don't have much time to read and that means a lot of threads who don't get more replies will pass me by forever.

I am a member on another forum where the number of posts per day are as high as this website. They have a menu button that is similar to 'new posts since x' but with the specification that it is only threads I have posted in that shows up. And it is probably the most used function in the entire GUI. Is there any hope that such a thing can be implemented here?

Neville
08-12-2011, 09:24 PM
I seem to automatically subscribe to the threads I start or contribute to, I suspect that in your user control panel above left , If you click on the edit options you too will be able to automatically subscribe to threads that you start or contribute to. I even get email notifications when my subscribed threads are updated.:smile:

WhiteWarrior
08-12-2011, 09:29 PM
I'll be darned. You are right! Now all I need is to put that as my default site link and I have what I need. Thanks!

Jules
08-12-2011, 09:36 PM
If you click on quick links, a drop down will appear. There's a function that says my posts .. click on that and all the posts you have either replied in or threads you have started is there at the click of a button :) - this doesn't work with IE9 though

WhiteWarrior
08-12-2011, 09:43 PM
If you click on quick links, a drop down will appear. There's a function that says my posts .. click on that and all the posts you have either replied in or threads you have started is there at the click of a button :) - this doesn't work with IE9 though

I was aware of 'My posts' :) It is useful for finding some of my posts, but not the threads where replying might be timely. Fortunately that autosubscribe thing was exactly what I was looking for.

Jules
08-12-2011, 09:44 PM
okies at least your sorted now :)

Kaere
08-12-2011, 09:45 PM
I use IE9 and that works for me Jules. I think Chrome is the one that doesn't have that option.

You can also click on your name in a post and you'll get a drop down with several options, one of them being to see all posts by...

Jules
08-12-2011, 09:47 PM
I was using IE9 when I got back online and it just wouldn't work grr. I've not used Chrome yet. Heard too many bad things about it. I'll stick with firefox :)

Mayflow
08-12-2011, 10:11 PM
In Chrome you can go to your user cp on the forum, and click on edit options. You will get this option: Default Thread Subscription Mode
When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.
Default Thread Subscription Mode: Then you choose.

Celeste
09-12-2011, 05:20 AM
"All threads started by" which is under "All posts by'' gives you the threads that you started, so you can see quicker who answered you, so as to answer back in a more timely fashion.