PDA

View Full Version : Hypnosis is ...

BwellBTR
06-12-2011, 10:16 PM
Hypnosis is neither mystery or magic. It is a state of being in which, possibility become the path to the rationalization of choice. For actions are anchored in the acceptance of intent of an idea.

BwellBTR
13-12-2011, 02:03 AM
Is there any value in "Past-Life" regressions? What do You think.

Krishna-prem
14-12-2011, 01:31 AM
Hi

The value of any regression work is in the meaning that the client invests into it. If you are speaking about value in terms of accurately gaining information about the past, this is debatable. Memory is not recorded like a camera. It is formed through associations, connections made in your neural network. To remember something is to do just as the word implies- re member, put back together. We don't remember the same event in exactly the same way every time. Memories that are recalled during regression may be accurate or may not be.

The accuracy of such memories is of little importance. What does matter is how the client interacts with that memory. I use regression during my therapy work, although not all of the time, and it can be an incredibly powerful tool for change. I couldn't care less if the memories brought up are "real" or not. What is important to me is the fact that the client's unconscious mind has chosen that as a symbolic representation and how we can work with that to create the change the client wants.

Cheers!
KP

BwellBTR
15-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Regressions when done correctly can be verifiable. Though a progression of thoughtfully structures sessions and the proper trance level much of the speculation can be eliminated. But as with any experience, it will be in the context of the person personality and state of mind at the time of the recalled event. Past Life Regression can be helpful.

Krishna-prem
15-12-2011, 05:35 AM
Regressions when done correctly can be verifiable. Though a progression of thoughtfully structures sessions and the proper trance level much of the speculation can be eliminated. But as with any experience, it will be in the context of the person personality and state of mind at the time of the recalled event. Past Life Regression can be helpful.

I will have to respectfully disagree.

Trance level has absolutely nothing to do with the accuracy of memory or any other hypnotic phenomenon (with the exception of one which I won't go into here). You can get amnesia, hypernesia, revivification, and regression in a light trance or deep trance and everywhere in between. The use of regression to gain accurate information from memory is not scientifically verifiable. Sure there are all sorts of pseudo scientific spiritual books out there that make claims to it however there is no independently verifiable data that proves the validity of past life regression as a means of gaining information. The importance of past life regression lays in its therapeutic value not whether or not the event actually happened.

BwellBTR
16-12-2011, 04:01 PM
1. An exception, even one means not a valid statement? 2. Trance level is not important as to level of recognition of the quiery to known information? 3. Can rephrasing add weight to a suggestion, and if so can it add clearity to the consistency of the answers?. Just wondering...

Krishna-prem
16-12-2011, 05:08 PM
1. An exception, even one means not a valid statement? 2. Trance level is not important as to level of recognition of the quiery to known information? 3. Can rephrasing add weight to a suggestion, and if so can it add clearity to the consistency of the answers?. Just wondering...

1) I'm not sure what your asking here.

2) Trance depth or level is not important period. In fact even the idea of level is a metaphor.

3) What do you mean by this question?

BwellBTR
17-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I would be most interested in reading the published paper that states deep/ level of induced trance is not at all important in therapeutic hypnosis. Thank you in advance for directing me to this important information.

Krishna-prem
18-12-2011, 05:03 PM
I would be most interested in reading the published paper that states deep/ level of induced trance is not at all important in therapeutic hypnosis. Thank you in advance for directing me to this important information.

There were two papers published within the last two years that looked at the effects of hypnosis and suggestion on the Stroop effect. It was shown that the Stroop Effect was over ridden both with hypnosis and with waking suggestion. I don't have the citation for it. You will have to google for it. That shows that trance depth has nothing to do with the successful manifestation of hypnotic phenomena.

As a whole there hasn't been any peer reviewed study that deals with or even acknowledges trance depth as a real thing beyond referring to some groups as "highly hypnotizable"

Now if you're talking outside the scope of academia start looking at conversational/ indirect hypnosis. Look at the works of Igor Ledochowski, John Overdurf, Steve Brooks, Steve Gilligan, John Grinder, etc. Most of them have wonderful courses of study available. Most of their stuff is not available through amazon but through their professional websites.

I can tell you from my experience as a professional hypnotherapist and hypnotherapy trainer that trance depth doesn't matter in most cases- especially within the realm of memory.

All the Best,
KP

sunny shine
27-12-2011, 08:31 AM
It helps remove phobia, illness, or any spiritual progression that is connected to past lives.

To quote some examples
Case 1: Girl was scared of lizards, it was making her life miserable to the extent she could not be in the same room if she saw a lizard, had lot of problems after marriage due to this phobia, with no known cause in her childhood, she was regressed to past which had answers she was buried by her stepfather in a pit with dessert lizards. Is completely relieved now.

Case 2: Recurrent backaches, no amount of physiotherapy or treatments or medicine was helping all types of treatment had been tried, had roots to past life where she was stabbed from behind. Completely relived now

Case 3: Recurrent incident that are out of control, has always had someone controlling or self could not control others, need to control others, monk in a past life who excelled in martial arts but died of earthquake that cannot be controlled. This lifetime it continues until the person learns how to go with flow and understand that all cannot be controlled and only self can be

sunny shine
27-12-2011, 08:55 AM
I can tell you from my experience as a professional hypnotherapist and hypnotherapy trainer that trance depth doesn't matter in most cases- especially within the realm of memory.

All the Best,
KP

Nevertheless, past life is not in your conscious memory, it might require being completely, and deeply relaxed, very deep in hypnosis, your physical changes (REM, Deep breathing) tell you how deep you are in hypnosis, this is my understanding

However, since you obviously have more experience would you please explain a bit more?

Smiler
20-02-2012, 05:39 AM
Hi

Past life ...occurs to bring knowledge forward into this life..it is rather common for one to see the moment before their death ( although they may not see the actual death).

There is both a healing component and a knowledge brought forth into this time...hence knowledge may create wisdom ..
States of consciousness may or may not have anything to do with this .

One Example: Years ago I was at a fair ...people gathered in this room to see this master that could tell them past ..future..and so on..

A woman was crying and asking for help .. he informed her to contact his office and make an appointment ( mmmmmmmmm>>>I have my own thoughts on that ..anyway ..)..

Two young girls sat up from me .. One kept putting her hand up to get the speakers attention at Question Time ..
He looked at her she spoke her question .. I could clearly hear her accent as being a southern belle...he answered something about Rome..

Afterward's as the growd walked off one friend said to the other ..that was .**AP! ...
I was shy about the things I felt ..and ..certainly no master of anything ..I still felt great compassion inside for the woman with tears ..wishing I had reached out over my fear & shyness to aid her ...

.....because of this ..I reached out to the girl and said Are you an American?

She said NO clearly ...she was Australian ..

I then discussed with her why her repetitive dream etc...and what I saw and heard ..

She was so happy ..

Simply things can often just ..Happen !

Maybe we need to trust ourselves more .

Know our INTENT .. :)

All the Best
:) xx

BwellBTR
22-02-2012, 11:07 PM
Knowledge with intent... the thing that most commonly escapes those individuals that seek information of "past lives", is that with every rebirth we usually loss many past awarenesses, yet the impact of major lessons are carried through as an aspect of the personality. As we choose are time and circumstance for each incarnation, all is focused on experience and responce. Some lessons we choose to repeat, not because we didn't learn there value, but to show that witness to another of our current group, that they may see the condition through a newer lens, that observer rather than that of the subject. We each evolve in a pattern of harmony, to neither judge nor be judged... We are each a part of another seek to understand how strong our bond is even in the light of illusion. For as a group we are Humanity, but as a Spirit we are One. Enjoy the reality that is the thread we weave to hold fast to our nature and our truth... Blessings

Smiler
24-02-2012, 04:09 PM
quote BwellBTR : [Knowledge with intent... the thing that most commonly escapes those individuals that seek information of "past lives", is that with every rebirth we usually loss many past awarenesses, yet the impact of major lessons are carried through as an aspect of the personality. As we choose are time and circumstance for each incarnation, all is focused on experience and responce. Some lessons we choose to repeat, not because we didn't learn there value, but to show that witness to another of our current group, that they may see the condition through a newer lens, that observer rather than that of the subject. We each evolve in a pattern of harmony, to neither judge nor be judged... We are each a part of another seek to understand how strong our bond is even in the light of illusion. For as a group we are Humanity, but as a Spirit we are One. Enjoy the reality that is the thread we weave to hold fast to our nature and our truth... Blessings]

Hi :)

Knowledge with Intent ( I like that )

A form of .. balance ..Gathering knowledge ..knowing ones intent ..thus creating a faster route to insights of the self and then others.

Quote : Some lessons we choose to repeat, not because we didn't learn there value, but to show that witness to another of our current group, that they may see the condition through a newer lens, that observer rather than that of the subject.

Wow I forgot that aspect..? Very insightful Thanks Bwell

:)

overtherainbow
01-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Very interesting thread :)

Dillon
24-11-2013, 01:29 AM

there is no proof it your life that is regressed, its either an evil spirit guide showing its life to you or its a relative's memories incode in your DNA before your birth.

studies have shown that ours minds cant tell the difference between what is real or imagined.

besides who wants to go thru potty training, again? LOL

Dillon
24-11-2013, 02:06 AM
Hypnosis is neither mystery or magic. It is a state of being in which, possibility become the path to the rationalization of choice. For actions are anchored in the acceptance of intent of an idea.

hypnosis is a placebo effect, It's what happens when a person takes a belief that he or she perceives will help, although it actually may have no proven therapeutic effect for his or her particular condition. A belief that the treatment itself will cure is also known as a placebo effect. PLACEBO from Latin for "I will please The health professionals kindness and care for the patient has an added placebo effect.

Its like Jesus said, Be it unto you according to your belief/faith/expectation.

Stevo
24-11-2013, 03:33 AM
there is no proof it your life that is regressed, its either an evil spirit guide showing its life to you or its a relative's memories incode in your DNA before your birth.

studies have shown that ours minds cant tell the difference between what is real or imagined.

besides who wants to go thru potty training, again? LOL

..and what about proof that it has to be an evil spirit showing you its life? Lol

Dillon
26-11-2013, 05:27 PM
..and what about proof that it has to be an evil spirit showing you its life? Lol

Under hypnosis, all these spirit quides are saying we have many lives. Do all people tell you the truth all the time?

Could it be that spirit guides have blown it and are forever disembodied spirits?

These angelic/super-human hybrids are to have no part in the resurrection according to Isaiah 26:14. They are caught between two worlds, being confined here on earth where they must wonder longing once again to possess a body of flesh. Demons are creatures doomed to existence on earth. For the Nephilim, there was no heavenly hope since they were never a product of God's creative hand. Demons are the disembodied spirits of those races of giants that ruled the world before the flood. The spirits of the mighty men who were of old, men of renown. They are the spiritual personification of all that is evil and wicked that were fathered by Satan's corrupt messengers. Demons are not angels but they are spirit-beings. They are the corrupt product of Satan's experimentation with human/angelic genetic manipulation. They are the spirits of beings born without souls and void of anything godly.

I hope this helps, are you 100% sure they (all of them) have your best interests at heart?

Stevo
26-11-2013, 09:15 PM
So you dont think we eternally reincarnate because you think heaven and hell exist?

Dillon
27-11-2013, 03:24 PM
So you dont think we eternally reincarnate because you think heaven and hell exist?

once is enough, there are no do over's or time out's

you are just listening to demons, who blew it and want to take you down.

do you really think Jesus was crucified on the cross for no reason?

come on, think about it. could anyone really kill Him if he didnt allow it.

Humbly, I am filled with Power by the Holy Sprirt, How about You?

Stevo
27-11-2013, 07:52 PM
Me... I'm filled with the eternal power of creating my own reality... no overlord god needed to agree with my creations. If I dont believe in God, who created me / us? We always have been and always will be, (thanks to time being an illusion of the brain).
You are a god who lives for ever, don't put anything above yourself or your just giving away your power. But your so free you can give it away. Its all about experience.

Dillon
28-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Me... I'm filled with the eternal power of creating my own reality... no overlord god needed to agree with my creations. If I dont believe in God, who created me / us? We always have been and always will be, (thanks to time being an illusion of the brain).
You are a god who lives for ever, don't put anything above yourself or your just giving away your power. But your so free you can give it away. Its all about experience.

According to quantum physics, We my friend, are God's illusion, a figment of His imagination, like a self-aware Sims charactor. (not much of a god, you think?)

Martin Savage, a physicist at the University of Washington, thinks we can't discount the idea. In fact, he and two colleagues (Silas Beane and Zohreh Davoudi) published a paper in November 2012 exploring the possibility. He thinks we may be the byproduct of some sophisticated computer code.

The bible say, for christians, we are seated in heavenly places with Christ Jesus, the so called real us (our spirits) may in fact be located outside space-time (in eternity) viewing a virtual world from there. We now have a virtual body but some day we will get an upgrade to a heavenly body. WOW

Stevo
30-11-2013, 01:09 AM
I disagree, I think we are all gods. There is no god above anyone, who judges our actions. We attract good and bad experiences through our beliefs, so the universe is always balanced (no need for a judge). Read the thousands of Near Death Experience stories and you will find one big similarity: there is no judgemental god at the pearly gates, there is no heaven just eternal lifetimes in this physical realm and beyond.

anonymous_1
22-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Can someone explain what is meant by "possibility become the path to the rationalization of choice"

Thanks