PDA

View Full Version : What is Love?

CuriousSnowflake
03-12-2011, 03:05 PM
I decided to take Xan's suggestion on another thread and start this one. Very simple: what is your definition of Love? I think there is no right or wrong answers to this, since Love is personal as well as transpersonal, and therefore will be different for each of us. I mostly just want everyone to share, so that each of us might expand our understanding and experience of Love.

So, whaddayathink? :D

CS

3dnow
03-12-2011, 03:22 PM
I decided to take Xan's suggestion on another thread and start this one. Very simple: what is your definition of Love? I think there is no right or wrong answers to this, since Love is personal as well as transpersonal, and therefore will be different for each of us. I mostly just want everyone to share, so that each of us might expand our understanding and experience of Love.

CS
Not judging. Refusing judgment.

Looking straight in the eye without comment.

Mind only understands this.

Then there is the love that comes from heart for no reason.

3d

TzuJanLi
03-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Greetings..

CS
"Love" is an Energetic event, a resonance between the experiencer, that which is experienced, and the experience itself.. stripping away the mind-play, Love emerges as a fundamental Energetic resonance, and its relationship with Life shapes the very nature of all other relationships by the degree of resonance and quality of the Energies resonating.. from this perspective, it is difficult to be manipulated by word-play.. and, word/mind-play has used the power of 'Love' to deceive and manipulate people for way too long..

Be well..

Miss Hepburn
03-12-2011, 11:20 PM
I kinda stick to what the Bible said - in what, Corinthians?

I'm sure someone will post it for us.

That really sums it up for me.

You know, love is patient...etc.

Moonglow
03-12-2011, 11:21 PM
Hello,

In my words.

Love is having the compassion and willingness to understand another.
To have the courage to reach out and help ones fellow being.
To have a passion for life and acceptance for its many manifestations.
Having respect and gratitude for that which is given and hold no resentment for that which is not.

Understanding, compassion, respect, passion, and acceptance seem to sum up the words I would use that play into the emotions, feelings, and desire of love.

Peace

psychoslice
03-12-2011, 11:27 PM

But what is love to you, not what someone else has said, be it the bible or whatever, love is not some beautiful words, its who you are, the source.

Miss Hepburn
03-12-2011, 11:39 PM
But what is love to you, not what someone else has said, be it the bible or whatever, love is not some beautiful words, its who you are, the source.
Yes, and how does the Source manifest Love- what does it do or not do - feel like or not feel like, through me---and I agree with all that was said in the Bible about it.
I'm being lazy - is all - not wanting to look it up ---it forgives and is long suffering, it doesn't rejoice in another's misfortune and on and on...

I'm not parroting the Bible I just think it says it all and there's no need for me to elaborate in different words that mean the same thing.
It just seemed to cover all the bases already - why improve on it.
Is what I'm saying.

But, I'm all for talking about Love!!!!!
Keep it up!

psychoslice
03-12-2011, 11:50 PM
Yes, and how does the Source manifest Love- what does it do or not do - feel like or not feel like, through me---and I agree with all that was said in the Bible about it.
I'm being lazy - is all - not wanting to look it up ---it forgives and is long suffering, it doesn't rejoice in another's misfortune and on and on...

I'm not parroting the Bible I just think it says it all and there's no need for me to elaborate in different words that mean the same thing.
It just seemed to cover all the bases already - why improve on it.
Is what I'm saying.

But, I'm all for talking about Love!!!!!
Keep it up!
as long as you are happy with the shadow of love then that's all you will ever know.

Racer X
04-12-2011, 12:15 AM
What is Love?

The absence of Fear

sound
04-12-2011, 12:22 AM
The OP asks people to share what love is for them... not to tell others that they are only ever going to experience a shadow of love ... why should you impose your idea of love on someone else ps? With every respect, I cant help but comment that both you and Xan have a habit of that ... and then sometimes you even answer for each other hahahaha I'm sure you dont mean any harm by it but it gets tiresome :hug3:

What love is for me is in my signature below ...

sesheta
04-12-2011, 12:32 AM
My initial answer to this on the original thread was :

True love is being able to have a disagreement and, at the end of the day, say "I love you" and still mean it with every fibre of your being, because the love is stronger than any disagreement you could have.

That seems a bit simplistic, on hindsight, although I still believe it :)

I think love is so deep and all-encompassing that it truly is beyond definition by words...it is simply something you have to experience and feel for yourself. It simply IS....

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 12:38 AM
The OP asks people to share what love is for them... not to tell others that they are only ever going to experience a shadow of love ... why should you impose your idea of love on someone else ps? With every respect, I cant help but comment that both you and Xan have a habit of that ... and then sometimes you even answer for each other hahahaha I'm sure you dont mean any harm by it but it gets tiresome :hug3:

Of course there's no harm intended, but what's wrong with a little play, its who I am, a playful soul, I'm sure Miss Hepburn wasn't offended, she's more intelligent than that. So Sound my friend, why do you get upset over this ?.:confused: :hug:

sound
04-12-2011, 12:39 AM
Of course there's no harm intended, but what's wrong with a little play, its who I am, a playful soul, I'm sure Miss Hepburn wasn't offended, she's more intelligent than that. So Sound my friend, why do you get upset over this ?.:confused: :hug:
It doesnt seem playful to me ...

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 12:44 AM
It doesnt seem playful to me ...
If you understood what I said you wouldn't be saying that, all i was saying was, to find out what love is too you, your self, not what others have said, if we just repeat what others say, then its no our own experience, I'm sure you would agree with that ?.

sound
04-12-2011, 12:48 AM
If you understood what I said you wouldn't be saying that, all i was saying was, to find out what love is too you, your self, not what others have said, if we just repeat what others say, then its no our own experience, I'm sure you would agree with that ?.

My issue is with the way you negate what someone else puts forward instead of just putting forward your stuff and leaving it at that ... I guess I honed in on your post so i am no different in that respect ... you do it a lot though and then claim you are playing when someone questions it ...

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 12:52 AM
My issue is with the way you negate what someone else puts forward instead of just putting forward your stuff and leaving it at that ... I guess I honed in on your post so i am no different in that respect ... you do it a lot though and then claim you are playing when someone questions it ...
Ok then, that's the way you see it, your entitle to see it that way, that's all I can say.:angel5:

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 12:56 AM
:icon_eek: as long as you are happy with the shadow of love then that's all you will ever know.Now you've got my attention!!!

Could you expound and help me out here?
You know I'm serious - I'm nothing if not a student...

sound
04-12-2011, 12:59 AM
Ok then, that's the way you see it, your entitle to see it that way, that's all I can say.:angel5:
I can let a lot of stuff go, and you are probably light years ahead of me on many fronts Robert, but I am not sure any of us are qualified to tell someone else what love means to them :) we are the experts of our own lives, no one elses ...

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 01:04 AM
I can let a lot of stuff go, and you are probably light years ahead of me on many fronts Robert, but I am not sure any of us are qualified to tell someone else what love means to them :) we are the experts of our own lives, no one elses ...
But, that's what i was saying, if you read what i have said you will see that i was saying exactly that.

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 01:04 AM
My initial answer to this on the original thread was :

True love is being able to have a disagreement and, at the end of the day, say "I love you" and still mean it with every fibre of your being, because the love is stronger than any disagreement you could have.

True and very sweet...now, I would say you are talking about romantic love or human love, like with your mom or child.
(nothing wrong with that)

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 01:08 AM
:icon_eek: Now you've got my attention!!!

Could you expound and help me out here?
You know I'm serious - I'm nothing if not a student...
Yes we must go within and discover what love is, for there and only there will you truly know what love is, love isn't something to be gained, or to be found, love is who you truly are, you are the Source of love, there is only One Source, so, your love and mine are the same, I can truly say that I love you, because I know you, i experience you, do you see ?.

sound
04-12-2011, 01:10 AM
But, that's what i was saying, if you read what i have said you will see that i was saying exactly that.
You are not getting what I am saying either Robert ... there is a 'not so subtle' difference ... I'll leave it there, the learning moment has expired hahaha

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 01:15 AM
You are not getting what I am saying either Robert ... there is a 'not so subtle' difference ... I'll leave it there, the learning moment has expired hahaha
Ok then, but i love you, he he.:hug3: :hug:

rsingh
04-12-2011, 01:16 AM
What does it mean to Love? Meaning you give to Love is dependent on your state of consciosness. Love is a feeling and if you have not experienced this feeling then you may not realy understand what it means. Conceptualy it can be described as bond of oneness. Degree of love can vary from "acceptance of an object to be as it is" to "be one with it". "To serve or to give without expecting anything in return " can also be described as love. But if you expect something in return to your service then it is not love, then it is a bargain or business. God is described as Love because it unites everything that exists. Human ego makes it diffecult to love. Actualy human beings are combination of form and formless or love. So humans have a capacity to love and at the same time have capacity to analyze. Love unites and it arises from formless or life. Mind divides and leads to differentiation of everything that if perceives. Eventhough mind and life are opposing functions, they exist simultanously at the same place in human beings. If we are living predominantly from mind then we have less capability to love. This is the case with most of humanity. If we are living our life predominantly from life or formless then we are more capable to love. If we are living from formless then mind becomes the servant of formless and is not much of a problem. Otherwise mind moves our life between pleasure and pain. Actually more of pain than pleasure. It is little pleasure or hope of pleasure that keeps us going. Some persons have love in one aspect of their life and they can achieve great fame in those aspects of their life. It is usually found in artists such as painters, singers etc.

Love is life. Love is God. Love is foundation of life. Love is all that is. We can describe love in so many ways.

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 01:19 AM
I have started threads myself where I have asked people what they themselves felt about something with no quotes please -so I get it.
It's just that that Bible verse IS what love means to me.

Now, I'm rested from last night more and I will say --- love is AMAZING...
you could hurt me - forget my birthday every year- two time me - walk out on me, drag me metapghorically thru the coals --- and in the end I would still love you...

(Now a therapist might say I was co-dependent -
I would say, "You have never loved Mr. Therapist.")

Love makes no sense to me ---it just IS ---It is an Entity in and of Itself.

To enter the domain of True Pristine Love is to enter into Illogic ...sp?

I have loved this way and it drives me nuts - to love no matter WHAT!
There are NO Fools in love...the fool is the one that has no love or never loves,
that has pride.
There is NO pride in love, to love you are always the Winner -
the one that does not love is the loser.

AND that is still Human Love ---we haven't even touched upon Divine Love!

Or maybe I have. Ha! :wink:

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 01:22 AM
..... love is who you truly are, you are the Source of love, there is only One Source, so, your love and mine are the same, I can truly say that I love you, because I know you, i experience you, do you see ?.
More, please...start from there....

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 01:31 AM
1 Corinthians 13

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not charity, I am become as sounding brass or a tinkling cymbal.

2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith so that I could remove mountains, but have not charity, I am nothing.

3And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.

4Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up;

5doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

6rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;

7beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

8Charity never faileth. But whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12For now we see through a glass, darkly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; but then shall I know, even as also I am known.

13And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Was this the chapter you were after Miss Hepburn ?

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 01:32 AM
More, please...start from there....
Well really if i keep going on about love, then i am going further away from love, so its all up to you now lol.

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 02:04 AM
Love is life..... Love is all that is.

Could you talk a bit more on this: Love is life.
And: love is all that is...

Thank you. :smile:

( I would say Life is an expression of Love.
I would say love is behind all that is- but there are aspects of the All
that do not appear to be loving in the least.

Just to give you something to work with...)

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 02:20 AM
Ah, now I can google 1 Cor 13, thanks
I will simply post this:

4 (http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-4.htm) Love is never tired of waiting; love is kind;
love has no envy;
love has no high opinion of itself,
love has no pride;
5 (http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-5.htm) Love's ways are ever fair, it takes no thought for itself;
it is not quickly made angry, it takes no account of evil;
6 (http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-6.htm) It takes no pleasure in wrongdoing, but has joy in what is true;
7 (http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-7.htm) Love has the power of undergoing all things, having faith in all things,
hoping all things

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 02:31 AM
psycho, I say...take your vitamins or do push ups next time you say someone is living in the shadow of love...and they then ask you humbly to expound on that.
Still love ya.

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 02:42 AM
psycho, I say...take your vitamins or do push ups next time you say someone is living in the shadow of love...and they then ask you humbly to expound on that.
Still love ya.
I'm sorry Miss Hepburn, its just when i do carry on i get accuse of being a big know all, when in fact i know nothing, nothing I tells ya lol. Ok then, the shadow, ...well when we think love is something to be gotten, or something someone else holds waiting for us to take, we are living in the shadow, love is actually shinning within, when we realize this we then let what is within shine on the so called outer, we don't have to do anything because the love that is who we truly are, just naturally shines, just like the clouds that shadow the sun from shinning, so does the perception of what we believe love to be, shadows the love that is simply there.

sound
04-12-2011, 02:47 AM
I'm sorry Miss Hepburn, its just when i do carry on i get accuse of being a big know all, when in fact i know nothing, nothing I tells ya lol. Ok then, the shadow, ...well when we think love is something to be gotten, or something someone else holds waiting for us to take, we are living in the shadow, love is actually shinning within, when we realize this we then let what is within shine on the so called outer, we don't have to do anything because the love that is who we truly are, just naturally shines, just like the clouds that shadow the sun from shinning, so does the perception of what we believe love to be, shadows the love that is simply there.
If you are making reference to our recent convo Robert i did not say you are a know it all ... I dont know much but i do know you dont know it all :D I would never accuse you of that lol :hug3:
Nice analogy with the sun there :)

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 02:54 AM
If you are making reference to our recent convo Robert i did not say you are a know it all ... I dont know much but i do know you dont know it all :D I would never accuse you of that lol :hug3:
Nice analogy with the sun there :)
No, it wasn't you, its just that sometimes we need not let the cat out of the bag to soon. I suppose you could say that the story of Jesus, was a story of a master letting the cat out of the bag too soon, he got crucified for it. I'm also not saying that I'm a master, because we are all masters, when we are open to what is within, wait...then I am a master lol.:hello2:

Miss Hepburn
04-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Sweet.

Got it.

Xan
04-12-2011, 04:10 AM
psychoslice: I'm sorry Miss Hepburn, its just when i do carry on i get accuse of being a big know all, when in fact i know nothing, nothing I tells ya lol. Ok then, the shadow, ...well

I don't think you're a know-it-all... you just know One thing really well. :wink:

when we think love is something to be gotten, or something someone else holds waiting for us to take, we are living in the shadow,

love is actually shinning within, when we realize this we then let what is within shine on the so called outer, we don't have to do anything because the love that is who we truly are, just naturally shines,

just like the clouds that shadow the sun from shinning, so does the perception of what we believe love to be, shadows the love that is simply there.

Nicely said, Robbie

Xan

Xan
04-12-2011, 04:14 AM
What is Love?

The absence of Fear

hmmm...

Since love is original and fear is the effect of losing love awareness...

What is Fear?

The apparent absence of Love.

Xan

Xan
04-12-2011, 04:16 AM

Corinthians describes How love is, not What it is.

Xan

sesheta
04-12-2011, 04:25 AM
My original reply about disagreeing and still being able to say I love you & mean it, was, I think, more about romantic love.
I agree that there are other types or degrees of love, I guess you could say.....although I think it is more a matter of the relationship - a parent/child love is different than love for a spouse/significant other, which will differ from the love we would have for our siblings, or other family/friends....then there is self-love which, in my opinion, is a whole other story again :)
But I believe that all types of love can still be truly impossible to describe with mere words. I am not a parent, so I don't think I can truly understand a parent/child love...before I met the love of my life, I had never known true romantic love, but now I understand it fully! It's like a reply I posted to another thread recently: how do you describe something to someone who has been blind their entire life? You use words and try to describe it as best you can - but the words can never truly capture the essence of an image they can't see....I think love is like that - until you experience it for yourself first-hand, all the descriptions in the world won't really capture it :)

Xan
04-12-2011, 04:27 AM
sound: The OP asks people to share what love is for them... not to tell others that they are only ever going to experience a shadow of love ... why should you impose your idea of love on someone else ps?

With every respect, I cant help but comment that both you and Xan have a habit of that ... and then sometimes you even answer for each other hahahaha I'm sure you dont mean any harm by it but it gets tiresome

I understand the tiresomeness... but it may not be for the reason you think, Kate. :wink: Not saying I know, but it could take another look maybe.

My answer is the same as Robbie's... for the simple reason that there Is something universal... the same for everyone who experiences it.

Yes we must go within and discover what love is, for there and only there will you truly know what love is,

love isn't something to be gained, or to be found, love is who you truly are, you are the Source of love,

there is only One Source, so, your love and mine are the same, I can truly say that I love you, because I know you, i experience you, do you see ?.

I like it.

Xan

Xan
04-12-2011, 04:30 AM
Miss Hepburn: the fool is the one that has no love or never loves,
that has pride.

Fool? or Poor thing?

Xan

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 05:42 AM
psychoslice: I'm sorry Miss Hepburn, its just when i do carry on i get accuse of being a big know all, when in fact i know nothing, nothing I tells ya lol. Ok then, the shadow, ...well

I don't think you're a know-it-all... you just know One thing really well. :wink:

when we think love is something to be gotten, or something someone else holds waiting for us to take, we are living in the shadow,

love is actually shinning within, when we realize this we then let what is within shine on the so called outer, we don't have to do anything because the love that is who we truly are, just naturally shines,

just like the clouds that shadow the sun from shinning, so does the perception of what we believe love to be, shadows the love that is simply there.

Nicely said, Robbie

Xan
Thank you darling Xan, I am one with you also, so you are my love, and I can say this with all truth, not just with some emotion that i think i feel.:hug3:

Saggi
04-12-2011, 07:15 AM
Miss Hepburn: the fool is the one that has no love or never loves,
that has pride.

Fool? or Poor thing?

Xan

Is that compassion or judgement?

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

sound
04-12-2011, 08:47 AM
I understand the tiresomeness... but it may not be for the reason you think, Kate. Not saying I know, but it could take another look maybe.

Is it really necessary to dissect everyone's expression of what love is to them? It has taken me a long time to find my voice here and when I post now, especially in threads like this, i just know you are going to come along and poke and prod ... is that a healthy approach for you Xan? ... with respect, this is not a private practice ...

Gem
04-12-2011, 08:54 AM
Thank you darling Xan, I am one with you also, so you are my love, and I can say this with all truth, not just with some emotion that i think i feel.:hug3:

Oh what a lot of codswallop! Last week you were mine! I'm warning you Xan, this one's a real charmer.

Gem
04-12-2011, 09:02 AM
hmmm...

Since love is original and fear is the effect of losing love awareness...

What is Fear?

The apparent absence of Love.

Xan

The person only wants to say what they think, and not build a platform for someone else to stand on.

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 09:06 AM
Oh what a lot of codswallop! Last week you were mine! I'm warning you Xan, this one's a real charmer.
He he, that's so funny, I suppose I'm just a **** lol.:icon_eek:

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Is it really necessary to dissect everyone's expression of what love is to them? It has taken me a long time to find my voice here and when I post now, especially in threads like this, i just know you are going to come along and poke and prod ... is that a healthy approach for you Xan? ... with respect, this is not a private practice ...
Xan is a wonderful teacher and does a great job here, I cannot understand why you pick on her Sound ????

sound
04-12-2011, 09:08 AM
Xan is a wonderful teacher and does a great job here, I cannot understand why you pick on her Sound ????

With respect dear Robbie mind your own business please lol ...

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 09:31 AM
With respect dear Robbie mind your own business please lol ...
It is my business Sound, I will stand up for anyone that deserves to be stood up for, you have been crabby all day, that's OK, I have been there also, and I know that you will tell me strait when I do, so now its my turn to tell you strait, but with love of course.

sound
04-12-2011, 09:40 AM
It is my business Sound, I will stand up for anyone that deserves to be stood up for, you have been crabby all day, that's OK, I have been there also, and I know that you will tell me strait when I do, so now its my turn to tell you strait, but with love of course.

:D :D really? well i still say it is none of your business lol what do ya think of that? What a joke lol what time does the bell go? lol

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 09:43 AM
:D :D really? well i still say it is none of your business lol what do ya think of that? What a joke lol what time does the bell go? lol
Ok then, i don't want to carry this on anymore, so i'm sorry for everything i said.

sound
04-12-2011, 09:45 AM
There is nothing to stick up for Robert lol I am not going to hurt Xan ... and there is no expectation for you to apologize from this end ... but I did address my post to Xan and not you ... you do have faith in her to be able to answer for herself yeah? She will chew me up and spit me out anyway so I am not sure what you are so worried about :D ...

psychoslice
04-12-2011, 09:57 AM
There is nothing to stick up for Robert lol I am not going to hurt Xan ... and there is no expectation for you to apologize from this end ... but I did address my post to Xan and not you ... you do have faith in her to be able to answer for herself yeah? She will chew me up and spit me out anyway so I am not sure what you are so worried about :D ...
Well what can I say.....I think I'll just go to bed, I had a rough day today and I really can't say anymore, it hurts me when i hurt you, do you know that ?.

sound
04-12-2011, 10:06 AM
Well what can I say.....I think I'll just go to bed, I had a rough day today and I really can't say anymore, it hurts me when i hurt you, do you know that ?.

You haven't hurt me Robert honestly ... I get frustrated and admit thats my baggage ... I will add that your interpretation that i pick on Xan is simply not true ... I hope she doesnt take that to heart ... and i have not been crabby all day either but you cant know that ... I was laughing when I asked you to mind your own business ... what a hoot ... as if I can enforce that, and you would be within your rights to tell me that too at different times ... anyway i hope you have a beautiful sleep :hug3:

Arcturus
04-12-2011, 11:19 AM
not meaning to cop out by posting a link to someone elses's talk about love but i just couldn't put it any better...

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teachings/view-text.php?tid=48&chid=56793&w=love

"Can love be divided into the sacred and the profane, the human and the divine, or is there only love? Is love of the one and not of the many? If I say, `I love you', does that exclude the love of the other? Is love personal or impersonal? Moral or immoral? Family or non-family? If you love mankind can you love the particular? Is love sentiment? Is love emotion? Is love pleasure and desire? All these questions indicate, don't they, that we have ideas about love, ideas about what it should or should not be, a pattern or a code developed by the culture in which we live."

"First clear up your own confusion. perhaps you may be able to discover what love is through what it is not."

the general idea being that you cannot define it but when you negate what is not love, the other is...

sound
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Sincere apologies for derailing your thread CS ... there's no excuse lol

mattie
04-12-2011, 12:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_U6mWu1XQA&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=AVGxdCwVVULXetDuxS3P1jBcW_A2fx7blW
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wod-MudLNPA

http://blueshelled.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/heart-hands.jpghttp://img1.loadtr.com/b-312954-love_lyrics.jpghttp://www.vine2victory.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/Love_41.jpg

mattie
04-12-2011, 02:04 PM
... sometimes you even answer for each other hahahaha I'm sure you dont mean any harm by it but it gets tiresome ...

It never occurred to me that when someone asked a question specific to someone else that another person providing their POV might be seen as answering for them.
I just assumed it was something they were interested in & wanted to provide their POV.

mattie
04-12-2011, 02:12 PM
... It's just that that Bible verse IS what love means to me. ...

What it is to you is valid by whatever means you want to identify it.

...I think there is no right or wrong answers to this, ...

This recognizes it is subjective & personal to each individual.

mattie
04-12-2011, 02:15 PM
The KJV uses the work charity where other versions use the word love.

CuriousSnowflake
04-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Sincere apologies for derailing your thread CS ... there's no excuse lol

Apology most definitely accepted. Though I will say that the the irony of such a conflict appearing on a thread about Love is not lost on me. :wink:

CS

CuriousSnowflake
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
As for my personal take, I will repost a couple of things I wrote on another thread, both beautifully reformatted by the gracious Xan.

What is love?

A manifestation of our inner knowing of Oneness.
Love is connection,
connection is Unity,
Unity is the truth of our existence,

merely hidden behind the assumptions we've created
around our VERY limited senses and intellects.

It is namaste taken to the nth degree.

Love is not something you earn,
it is something you give which then returns sevenfold.
Love is not something scarce,
it is everywhere, at all times, and endless.
Love is not something you can lose,
it can only change as we change, and in fact because we change.
Love is not something that fulfills and completes you,
it is a statement of the fulfillment and completeness
that exists within all people,
at all times.

The truth is that we are Love

CS

CuriousSnowflake
04-12-2011, 03:57 PM
The KJV uses the work charity where other versions use the word love.

There's actually an awesome article in this month's National Geographic about the KJV. Here's a link.

http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/featurehub

CS

Silver
04-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Perhaps Love

(Placido Domingo)
Perhaps love is like a resting place
A shelter from the storm
It exists to give you comfort
It is there to keep you warm
And in those times of trouble
When you are most alone
The memory of love will bring you home

(John Denver)
Perhaps love is like a window
Perhaps an open door
It invites you to come closer
It wants to show you more
And even if you lose yourself
And don't know what to do
The memory of love will see you through

(Placido Domingo)
Oh, Love to some is like a cloud
To some as strong as steel

(John Denver)
For some a way of living
For some a way to feel

(Placido Domingo)
And some say love is holding on
And some say letting go
And some say love is everything
And some say they don't know

(John starts joined by Placido)
Perhaps love is like the ocean
Full of conflict, full of change
Like a fire when it's cold outside
Thunder when it rains
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you

(Placido Domingo)
And some say love is holding on
And some say letting go

(John Denver)
And some say love is everything
Some say they don't know

(John starts joined by Placido)
Perhaps love is like the ocean
Full of conflict, full of change
Like a fire when it's cold outside
Or thunder when it rains
If I should live forever
And all my dreams come true
My memories of love will be of you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YnfCH7LNcM

TzuJanLi
04-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Greetings..

for the simple reason that there Is something universal... the same for everyone who experiences it.
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
Absolutely.. we each experience that same 'Universal something', but we each have different interpretations.. there is the opportunity to talk about our 'interpretations', to share our insights, and to seek a common understanding while preserving our unique perspectives.. the common understanding is most apparent when it is described in the simple and basic terms, unembellished simplicity..

Sharing, is like a "pot luck" dinner, where each guest brings their favorite dish and the other guests can enjoy the dishes according to their own tastes.. but, occasionally there is that guest that insists that everyone must enjoy and praise that guest's dish, because it is clearly the dish that is superior to the dishes brought by the other guests.. the 'actions' of this guest are consistent at each 'pot luck' dinner, and are sometimes described as 'tiresome', even though the guest is a deeply appreciated member of the community.. there are other gusts, they bring the paper plates, the napkins and utensils, the things 'common' to each guest's meal..

Love? i think the word belongs in the category of deep personal relationships, from where it was abducted to represent people's resonance with the profound 'feelings that arise from within' associated with those 'deep personal relationships', which are similar to people's profound feelings that arise from within that are associated with their experience of Life and existence itself.. the ancient Greeks had differing words for the profound feelings that arise from within that were similar but different according to the situation, personal or Universal.. perhaps, we could find a Universal expression for those feelings, and leave 'lovers' to their Loving..

Be well..

CuriousSnowflake
04-12-2011, 04:22 PM
as long as you are happy with the shadow of love then that's all you will ever know.
IMHO, All is One merely appearing separate and unique, and yet it is through the appearance of separate uniqueness that the very idea of Oneness gains meaning. Similarly, the greatest and highest idea of Love is the same for all, yet it is through our individual ideas and experiences of Love that this highest form gains meaning. Therefore we should not lessen or denigrate another's ideas of Love, since our own ideas would be lessened if they did not exist.

In other words, as long as one is happy with their idea of Love, who are we to call it a shadow?

CS

Squatchit
04-12-2011, 05:48 PM
Hiya CS and all

I feel love. Mainly for animals. And some humans. Plants. Life. So, for me, it's a feeling. Humans get on my **** after a while and I want to be on my own. I guess I'd feel the same with an animal.

I have no experience of oneness, sources and unity...but I do feel love.

As for the actual question...what is love? Apart from it being a nice feeling, I've no idea.

:smile:

andrew g
04-12-2011, 07:50 PM
Ive just been sat here reflecting on what life without love would look like. Not so much my life, but the whole of life. Creation. The universe. I cant imagine it. I can imagine life without pain, suffering, anger and fear, but a universe without love? Life without love would be totally robotic to the degree that it wouldnt even be 'life'. Without love there would be no life. So to me, love is intricately bound up with life. It is foundational.

Xan
05-12-2011, 12:00 AM
sound: ...your interpretation that i pick on Xan is simply not true ... I hope she doesnt take that to heart ...

I take love to heart to keep. Everything else dissolves there. No kidding.

Xan

Xan
05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Love? i think the word belongs in the category of deep personal relationships...

This expression of love is wonderful, a treasure in our world.

The love I'm talking about is love with-no-object.

I sit here feeling love for no reason... just love itself.

Why talk about it?

So if it shows up for someone, as it spontaneously showed up for me, they might take notice and allow.

Xan

Humm
05-12-2011, 12:04 AM
sound: ...your interpretation that i pick on Xan is simply not true ... I hope she doesnt take that to heart ...

Xan
Can you give an example of how you do that? I would really appreciate it. :smile:

psychoslice
05-12-2011, 12:07 AM
IMHO, All is One merely appearing separate and unique, and yet it is through the appearance of separate uniqueness that the very idea of Oneness gains meaning. Similarly, the greatest and highest idea of Love is the same for all, yet it is through our individual ideas and experiences of Love that this highest form gains meaning. Therefore we should not lessen or denigrate another's ideas of Love, since our own ideas would be lessened if they did not exist.

In other words, as long as one is happy with their idea of Love, who are we to call it a shadow?

CS
Still, it is a shadow, no matter how much you try to dress it up.

Xan
05-12-2011, 12:48 AM
I take love to heart to keep. Everything else dissolves there.

Can you give an example of how you do that? I would really appreciate it. :smile:

I just wrote something about this in another thread, Humm

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=399458#post399458 Post #12

Xan

Xan
05-12-2011, 12:49 AM
oops... double post

Humm
05-12-2011, 12:55 AM
I just wrote something about this in another thread, Humm.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=399458#post399458 Post #12

Xan
Thanks Xan - that does help.

Nada
05-12-2011, 05:01 AM
Love is ...that is more important than your own desire, sanity, self, well being, and even your own life.
Like... a mother will risk her own life for the survival of her child.
Like... a man will risk his life to protect his family.
Like... a solder will give his/her own life for the love of his/her country, the freedom of his/her people, and most often for the love of his/her buddies who are fighting next to them.
Like... a man will give his chance of living for his sweetheart (Remember the movie Titanic?)
Like... a pet owner will fight off a wild animal to rescue his beloved dog (There were several cases of this kind and one case involved an alligator)
You know that you are capable of love when you are willing to give every ounce of yourself for the one that you love.
When in love, you will risk everything for your love ... without any regret.

sesheta
05-12-2011, 06:09 AM
Love is ...that is more important than your own desire, sanity, self, well being, and even your own life.
Like... a mother will risk her own life for the survival of her child.
Like... a man will risk his life to protect his family.
Like... a solder will give his/her own life for the love of his/her country, the freedom of his/her people, and most often for the love of his/her buddies who are fighting next to them.
Like... a man will give his chance of living for his sweetheart (Remember the movie Titanic?)
Like... a pet owner will fight off a wild animal to rescue his beloved dog (There were several cases of this kind and one case involved an alligator)
You know that you are capable of love when you are willing to give every ounce of yourself for the one that you love.
When in love, you will risk everything for your love ... without any regret.

Beautifully put :)

sound
05-12-2011, 07:23 AM

Of course ... there is no truth in it ... no substance ... no kidding from this end either.

sound
05-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Apology most definitely accepted.

Though I will say that the the irony of such a conflict appearing on a thread about Love is not lost on me. :wink:

CS
Ty CS ... no the irony wasn't lost on me either ... I was thinking about that as it was unfolding.

There was no ill intent behind my words and conflict certainly wasn't the goal ... if we are all brothers and sisters then a little bickering among the siblings can surely be seen as a healthy option occasionally lol

sound
05-12-2011, 09:21 AM
It never occurred to me that when someone asked a question specific to someone else that another person providing their POV might be seen as answering for them.
I just assumed it was something they were interested in & wanted to provide their POV.
Yes, I am sure most of the time that is probably the case ...

sound
05-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Taken from following thread 'Love is' ...

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=397888#post397888

... the discerning questions for 'true' love are...
Do you feel love...
... when there's no one there to love, even in your thoughts?
... when things aren't going your way?
... for-no-reason at all?

If 'no', the love you feel is emotional and conditional upon the right circumstances.
If 'yes', you're on a deeper way with love.

Loving someone is great, but it's only part of what love is in essence.

I remember the first time I felt this pure love as I was sitting in meditation. Love welled up within me as if from a mountain spring.
It was very surprising to feel it not 'for' someone. Just love being love within and all around me.

Xan
You feel it for you Xan ... it is for your 'me' ... the me you identify with in your description ..

Some flowers are big, bright, showy, vivid in colour and fragrance and remain in bloom for lengthy periods … others are small, non descript, barely noticeable as they attempt to force their way through a tiny crack to capture those precious rays of light which allow them to fulfill their purpose.
One flower does not negate another … all flowers are ‘pure’ flowers … love is love is love is love …. It upholds life, is expressed through life … it is perfect however it is experienced … lets not be blinded by it’s light (in only one way), nor promote that for others …

Free4ever
05-12-2011, 10:08 AM

CS
There is the love you feel for another. A relationship type of love. Best of all is the love for yourself. Not in a selfish way, but loving yourself for who you are. This love for yourself feels much deeper than any other love. You end up loving others equally because there is unity with everything. You must love thy self before loving another unless you want the relationship to go hay wire.

Squatchit
05-12-2011, 10:34 AM
You must love thy self before loving another unless you want the relationship to go hay wire.

Must? Who says?

That's not been my experience. I have a wonderful relationship with another soul. We were married for 18 years and have been friends for 24 years. I love him to bits.

And I don't love myself. :smile:

mattie
05-12-2011, 01:55 PM
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=399996#post399996

CuriousSnowflake
05-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Still, it is a shadow, no matter how much you try to dress it up.

It's a shadow by your definition, not theirs. Both are equally valid as a perfect vehicle for the defining of self. All ideas of better or worse, especially in areas of Love, are human creations and human preferences. Your definition may well be more unlimited, but that very unlimitedness only has meaning in the context of their limitations. So bless them for it, don't belittle them.

CS

Xan
05-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Of course ... there is no truth in it ... no substance ....

sound... no truth or substance for you? but for me.

Xan

Xan
05-12-2011, 07:47 PM
...the irony of such a conflict appearing on a thread about Love is not lost on me.

Love is here even in the midst of conflict.

Xan

Xan
05-12-2011, 07:52 PM
Some flowers are big, bright, showy, vivid in colour and fragrance and remain in bloom for lengthy periods … others are small, non descript, barely noticeable as they attempt to force their way through a tiny crack to capture those precious rays of light which allow them to fulfill their purpose.

One flower does not negate another … all flowers are ‘pure’ flowers … love is love is love is love …. It upholds life, is expressed through life … it is perfect however it is experienced … lets not be blinded by it’s light (in only one way), nor promote that for others …

Does telling a flower lover, "Hey there's an infinite field of flowers just inside if you're interested." mean I'm negating whatever flowers are being enjoyed at the moment?

Kate... I'm sorry that you seem to take my expressions as personal insults when that is certainly not my intention.

Xan

sound
05-12-2011, 07:54 PM
I think our expressions are lost on each other Xan ...

Xan
05-12-2011, 08:00 PM
It does appear that way, Kate.

Xan

TzuJanLi
05-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Greetings..

Does telling a flower lover, "Hey there's an infinite field of flowers just inside if you're interested." mean I'm negating whatever flowers are being enjoyed at the moment?

Xan It is suggesting that what they are doing is less, in your opinion, that what you believe they should be doing.. you are luring them away from what they are doing with the expectation of something 'greater'..

Suppose you simply suggested something like: I see that you like to experience flowers.. 'may i share a way to get the most out of whatever experiences you choose'?..

Just a suggestion...... Be well..

sound
06-12-2011, 06:16 AM
sound... no truth or substance for you? but for me.
Xan
I dont know Xan ... it was someone else's story, made up, about me, and which also involved you ... I cant know if you believe it?

hybrid
06-12-2011, 07:54 AM
I dont believe people are made up of different substances or the universe for that matter.
We can deny everything we want in the name of absolute subjectivity or jusr for spite

sound
06-12-2011, 08:07 AM
Kate... I'm sorry that you seem to take my expressions as personal insults when that is certainly not my intention.
Xan
Hi again Xan
I have more time to respond now that I am home from work. After i posted this morning about 'our expressions being lost to each other 'I experienced a great sadness rush over me as i walked out the door.

Through my eyes there is nothing for you to be sorry about. Naturally, we both take a very different approach in how we participate and contribute on the boards, however my observations tell me the amount of time we spend questioning each others posts is probably equal. My post above there wasn’t intended to insult you but it obviously affected you in a way which was less than 'likable'. Once again, my reaction to your posts is no more resistant than your reaction to mine …
I will be very honest and say that sometimes I find your posts quite dismissive and, as I shared with you a little while back, sometimes you appear to be a little passive aggressive in what seems to be a concentrated effort to ‘teach’ others, and have them understand, and want to know your experience, however, I definitely do not experience you being intentionally insulting.

With every respect, I don’t find your method of teaching particularly effective for me … not here on the boards anyway ... and that is just the way it is. That's not to say I dont learn from you ... it just happens spontaneously though and not through you trying to teach me.
It is obvious by your wide following here in the community that others do embrace your ‘teaching’ and I truly celebrate that for those people. I hope my decision to be open and honest with you here doesn’t attract judgmental comments but if it does well so be it … another learning moment to be had I suppose …

In regards to your question surrounding the flowers … in your original post you made reference to the love you experience being ‘pure’ compared to other experiences of love … in my world, one flower is not more ‘pure’ than another … the ones inside may be more showy, fragrant etc but no more a flower than the ones I am allowing myself to embrace in that moment you speak of … can you appreciate that alongside what you experience?

TzuJanLi
06-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Greetings..

Hi again Xan
I have more time to respond now that I am home from work. After i posted this morning about 'our expressions being lost to each other 'I experienced a great sadness rush over me as i walked out the door.

Through my eyes there is nothing for you to be sorry about. Naturally, we both take a very different approach in how we participate and contribute on the boards, however my observations tell me the amount of time we spend questioning each others posts is probably equal. My post above there wasn’t intended to insult you but it obviously affected you in a way which was less than 'likable'. Once again, my reaction to your posts is no more resistant than your reaction to mine …
I will be very honest and say that sometimes I find your posts quite dismissive and, as I shared with you a little while back, sometimes you appear to be a little passive aggressive in what seems to be a concentrated effort to ‘teach’ others, and have them understand, and want to know your experience, however, I definitely do not experience you being intentionally insulting.

With every respect, I don’t find your method of teaching particularly effective for me … not here on the boards anyway ... and that is just the way it is. That's not to say I dont learn from you ... it just happens spontaneously though and not through you trying to teach me.
It is obvious by your wide following here in the community that others do embrace your ‘teaching’ and I truly celebrate that for those people. I hope my decision to be open and honest with you here doesn’t attract judgmental comments but if it does well so be it … another learning moment to be had I suppose …

In regards to your question surrounding the flowers … in your original post you made reference to the love you experience being ‘pure’ compared to other experiences of love … in my world, one flower is not more ‘pure’ than another … the ones inside may be more showy, fragrant etc but no more a flower than the ones I am allowing myself to embrace in that moment you speak of … can you appreciate that alongside what you experience?
Hi Kate: I have deep respect for you, and for such positive integrity.. you have, through the voice if Love and compassion, described the same understanding i have, but.. i lack your gift for delicacy, for compassionate intimacy, yet it is present in the intentions of my postings.. if i might be so fortunate, i would ask to add my voice to your own.. not to impose, but to invite a walk through the 'flowers' of our experiences, and to simply appreciate the flowers for what 'they are'..

Be well..

sound
06-12-2011, 12:27 PM
I dont believe people are made up of different substances or the universe for that matter.
We can deny everything we want in the name of absolute subjectivity or jusr for spite

This is an unusual post hybrid.
Can I ask please, do you mean 'We can deny everything we want' ... or ... 'We can deny anything we want' ?

If you mean 'everything' why would we deny that which we want just to be spiteful? What purpose does that serve?

Xan
06-12-2011, 08:59 PM
sound: After i posted this morning about 'our expressions being lost to each other' I experienced a great sadness rush over me as i walked out the door.

I appreciate your sadness, Kate.

Through my eyes there is nothing for you to be sorry about. Naturally, we both take a very different approach in how we participate and contribute on the boards, however my observations tell me the amount of time we spend questioning each others posts is probably equal.

I expect so.

My post above there wasn’t intended to insult you but it obviously affected you in a way which was less than 'likable'.

Not really. I had no like or not like feeling about it... just recognizing that what I was describing didn't seem substantial to you, although it is for me in my experience.

Once again, my reaction to your posts is no more resistant than your reaction to mine …

But Kate, I don't feel resistant to your posts, and I don't take our disagreement personally.

That is right, no insult or judgment from me.

Whatever way it seems, I am not trying to be a teacher, but sharing from my own growth and experience. It's never my intention to negate where someone is in their own growth, but I have a passion for letting people know of further possibilities. Whether that's a flaw or a blessing.......

For sure... always learning, one way or another.

I appreciate the beauty of each flower and I grow roses in the summer myself... some more showy and fragrant than others.

But sometimes they get bugs or fungus on their leaves, and even without that the lovely blossoms don't last very long, and from now until late spring... well.....

Forgive me for saying once again, there is love that is bug-free and lasts forever. This is the love I keep pointing toward... not because I think the love you experience is not beautiful but simply because there's more.

I respect and value you and your ways, Kate, although perhaps I haven't said that before. I appreciate your study of Seth, the Freedom thread and others; and many of your questions and comments show a wisdom and light friendliness I find good.

I can't promise I won't respond to your comments in the future because whatever I say comes from my sense of the moment... but I am aware that sometimes I rub you the wrong way. Please forgive....

blessings
Xan

psychoslice
07-12-2011, 01:51 AM
Love is simply letting life be life, anything else is just like decorations on a x-mas tree, its all pretty to look at.

sound
07-12-2011, 09:09 AM
... just recognizing that what I was describing didn't seem substantial to you, although it is for me in my experience

Yes! Thats exactly what I glean from/recognize in your responses to my posts at different times … we have more in common than we realize obviously lol

Whatever way it seems, I am not trying to be a teacher, but sharing from my own growth and experience. It's never my intention to negate where someone is in their own growth, but I have a passion for letting people know of further possibilities. Whether that's a flaw or a blessing...

… there is always potential for further possibilities for all of us, beyond what we have already realized … ‘our passion can become addictive and determine our behaviour’ says Lancy Prabhu

Forgive me for saying once again, there is love that is bug-free and lasts forever. This is the love I keep pointing toward... not because I think the love you experience is not beautiful but simply because there's more

The flower is the love … is the experience … the bug doesn’t make it less pure, in fact, the bug is a pure bug and fungi pure fungi … there is always more Xan … for you too :)

I respect and value you and your ways, Kate, although perhaps I haven't said that before. I appreciate your study of Seth, the Freedom thread and others; and many of your questions and comments show a wisdom and light friendliness I find good

Thanks for your expression of appreciation.

I can't promise I won't respond to your comments in the future because whatever I say comes from my sense of the moment ... but I am aware that sometimes I rub you the wrong way.
Please forgive ...
blessings
Xan

There are no such expectations placed upon you Xan … no where have I expressed that I want you to stop responding to all of my comments … I have asked that you don’t answer for others if I specifically ask another person a question, however I realize I am not at liberty to insist that doesn’t happen … in my experience, it can be quite inhibiting when that occurs and some can easily lose their confidence to capture that ‘speaking’ moment for themselves … that’s the nature of forum boards too though, I understand that … it doesn’t hurt to raise it now and then though and think about whether or not that is likely to happen ...

In regards to rubbing me the wrong way ... yep lol sometimes ... I learn from that too as much as i struggle to admit ... sand paper magic :) there is no wrong or right way really ... we all have our unique way ... sometimes we manage to keep in step with each other and at other times, that rhythm is simply lost ...

Return blessings
Kate

CuriousSnowflake
07-12-2011, 02:23 PM
Ty CS ... no the irony wasn't lost on me either ... I was thinking about that as it was unfolding.

There was no ill intent behind my words and conflict certainly wasn't the goal ... if we are all brothers and sisters then a little bickering among the siblings can surely be seen as a healthy option occasionally lol

HA! As the youngest of 9 kids, that's a metaphor I can definitely resonate with. :smile:

I will say this, though, (and I'm just as guilty as anyone). It's kinda idiotic how much of a tizzy we tend to get into over minutiae. Reminds me of the movie "The Name of the Rose". It's a murder mystery set in a Dominican abbey during the heyday of the Inquisition. There's this big, important conclave happening at the abbey, all these great Christian thinkers and theologians are showing up. It starts and do you know what massive important matter they were there to discuss? Whether or not Jesus owned his own sandals. :D

CS

Humm
07-12-2011, 02:36 PM
HA! As the youngest of 9 kids, that's a metaphor I can definitely resonate with. :smile:

I will say this, though, (and I'm just as guilty as anyone). It's kinda idiotic how much of a tizzy we tend to get into over minutiae. Reminds me of the movie "The Name of the Rose". It's a murder mystery set in a Dominican abbey during the heyday of the Inquisition. There's this big, important conclave happening at the abbey, all these great Christian thinkers and theologians are showing up. It starts and do you know what massive important matter they were there to discuss? Whether or not Jesus owned his own sandals. :D

CS
Heh! I had not heard of that, but just the synopsis of it - and the title - I find a very profound and revealing anecdote about the religious/political climate of the day.

Yeesh! :tongue:

Xan
07-12-2011, 03:59 PM
I always feel I can trust your sincerity, Kate... as in this response.

I have asked that you don’t answer for others if I specifically ask another person a question, however I realize I am not at liberty to insist that doesn’t happen … in my experience, it can be quite inhibiting when that occurs...

I understand. That was insensitive of me, so I'll curb my passion a bit and wait for the other to answer first.

more blessings
Xan

CuriousSnowflake
08-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Heh! I had not heard of that, but just the synopsis of it - and the title - I find a very profound and revealing anecdote about the religious/political climate of the day.

Yeesh! :tongue:

Good movie, stars Sean Connery and a 17 year old Christian Slater (came out in 1986). If you're a reader, it's based on a novel. Haven't read it myself, but my mother did and said it was excellent.

CS

sound
08-12-2011, 07:27 AM

CS
Were they his? :D only joking ... he probably walked bare-souled :)

Humm
08-12-2011, 12:16 PM
... he probably walked bare-souled :)

HA! Good one! :D

CuriousSnowflake
08-12-2011, 02:05 PM
Were they his? :D only joking ... he probably walked bare-souled :)

:BangHead: GROAN!!

CS

Miss Hepburn
08-12-2011, 04:14 PM
What is Love?

How about this from Goswami Kriyananda - in the lineage of Babaji -
Sri Yukteswar, etc...

"And what is love, other than touching that which we believe we are not."

Xan
08-12-2011, 11:15 PM
"And what is love, other than touching that which we believe we are not."

Wonderful!