PDA

View Full Version : Username colours

midnightstar
01-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I've got a suggestion for the forum - black's kind of a depressing colour for members to have as a username colour so would it be possible if members have a different colour for their username? Like brown? I think brown usernames would work (brown's a nature colour whereas black's quite a dark depressing colour)

Just thinking aloud really, if you feel this won't work mods feel free to disregard it :smile:

Perfect Storm
02-12-2011, 09:56 AM
I agree, this would be a nice change. Black is rather harsh when it is put against the light earthy green colours.

Dark enough brown so it is easily visable, but not too dark :)

Shantyaikya
02-12-2011, 02:15 PM
I thought they were a dark brown :)

midnightstar
02-12-2011, 02:57 PM
I thought they were black Shanty, but the point I was making is black's not an encouraging colour and dark brown's not much more encouraging :smile: A lighter shade of brown would be fine in my opinion :smile:

Neville
02-12-2011, 03:13 PM
Only staffs get colours, it is their only perk alas as the pay is rubbish...
Now how about a choice of Fonts though; :smile:

midnightstar
02-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Why can't members have a less depressing colour though Neville :confused:

Silver
02-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Ithink that's an interesting idea, bd. Kind of a dark burnt orange-ish brown? And I think that would compliment the green background? And yeah, nev, a different, more stylish font would be really nice.

Squatchit
02-12-2011, 04:10 PM
We already get a choice of fonts...

Look at this...

Or this comical one...

Abit of impact?

Jeepers Creepers

Where'd you get those peepers?

Just click on the dropdown arrow in the font window (where it defaults to Verdana) and choose another.........

I'm still waiting for some new smilies.

http://fi.somethingawful.com/images/smilies/emot-cthulhu.gif

Silver
02-12-2011, 04:17 PM
I don't think we get to change the font of our usernames, though, is what we're talking about, Squatch.

mattie
02-12-2011, 04:19 PM
Contrast is important for readability. Brown would have less contrast. Squint & see which sentence remains readable the longest.

An option could possibly be placed to allow one to select a color for their name, but I hope that would only be for the post, not the list when one uses the Display Mode, Hybrid Mode list. Multiple colors on this list would make it REALLY hard to read.

Squatchit
02-12-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh I See.
Doh, Silly Me.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-shivdurf.gif

Silver
02-12-2011, 04:22 PM
Oh I See.
Doh, Silly Me.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-shivdurf.gif

Hahaha, where DO you get those great similes!

BlueSky
02-12-2011, 04:23 PM
I've got a suggestion for the forum - black's kind of a depressing colour for members to have as a username colour so would it be possible if members have a different colour for their username? Like brown? I think brown usernames would work (brown's a nature colour whereas black's quite a dark depressing colour)

Just thinking aloud really, if you feel this won't work mods feel free to disregard it :smile:

You missed your calling Beautydylan. I think you should pursue a career in web design! :smile:

Squatchit
02-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Hahaha, where DO you get those great similes!

I know people in high places.......:wink:

midnightstar
02-12-2011, 04:30 PM
You missed your calling Beautydylan. I think you should pursue a career in web design! :smile:

ME? Web design? I'm not that great with websites LOL :D

Neville
02-12-2011, 05:10 PM
I know people in high places.......:wink:

mmm. And i know some in low places ..So hey, together, we got it covered :D

Xan
02-12-2011, 08:27 PM
It's all in how you see it. Black isn't depressing to me, in fact in the right places I love it.

Xan

Squatchit
03-12-2011, 11:26 AM
mmm. And i know some in low places ..So hey, together, we got it covered :D

Coolio. Let's paint the town red....

...oh hang on, we can't. We've only got black.

http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-derp.gif

LadyVirgoxoxo
08-12-2011, 02:24 AM
I want to paint everything black!!!! Like the Rolling Stones :cool: Hehe anyway I do like your suggestion OP :smile: