PDA

View Full Version : It all ends ..Tonight

Neville
01-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Yes, Midnight tonight, The Final Harry Potter Movie is released on DVD.

I may well be going to Asda to get mine..Asda is Walmart in American parlance...

Any how all 8 films will last about 20 hours or more to watch back to back so , I don't think I am for such a marathon...It took a long time to get through this saga though 10 years or so..My they are a part of the culture now.:smile:

Kaere
01-12-2011, 08:48 PM
I watched Part 2 of Deathly Hallows last night. Good stuff, I really enjoy the movies.

Lazarus72
01-12-2011, 08:55 PM
I watched Part 2 of Deathly Hallows last night. Good stuff, I really enjoy the movies.

That's spooky, I watched it last night too. I thought it was really good and they did a great job of bringing the series to a conclusion. :smile:

Kaere
01-12-2011, 09:01 PM
That's spooky, I watched it last night too. I thought it was really good and they did a great job of bringing the series to a conclusion. :smile:

Great minds :D

There were some bits that made me cringe a little and others I thought were left out but then again, I have to remember that it's for a much younger audience, even with the scarier parts.

The stone soldiers, loved that whole idea. And Gringott's with the dragon - that made me grin the whole time :cool:

Lazarus72
01-12-2011, 09:33 PM
Great minds :D

There were some bits that made me cringe a little and others I thought were left out but then again, I have to remember that it's for a much younger audience, even with the scarier parts.

The stone soldiers, loved that whole idea. And Gringott's with the dragon - that made me grin the whole time :cool:

You're comparing to the book, right ?.. if so I haven't had the pleasure of reading any of them. I would say whilst I'd have no problems with my five year old nephew watching the first couple, the series did get darker. I'm not sure that last one would be suitable.

I reckon its quite tricky for them to get a balance, as the series seemed to attract quite a diverse audience.

It must have been a fantastic series to grow up with, especially for those kids who were of similar age to the characters through the series.

The soldiers and the dragon were cool fer sure. :cool: and I liked the ending, but won't say too much.

Neville
02-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Do you think, that as the events in DH Part 2 pick up where DH Part 1 left off, and also bearing in mind the two films cover the events in one book(and assuming I have the stamina ) That watching DH1 immediately followed by DH2 might give a more full and rounded experience.
Afterall, dances with wolves, Cleopatra,LOTR return of the King and Gone with the Wind were all tickling 4 hours of veiwing time...I might try it and see :smile:

Kaere
02-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I think watching one per evening would work just fine Neville, the two films really do manage to stand on their own.

iolite
02-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Ya know... I hope that someone will do a remake of all 7 of the books, in 10 years or so and do as good a job as the director did with the first 2 movies. I really did not like any of the movies after "Chamber of Secrets".

I also hope that JK will do more on the Wizarding world. I mean, Voltemort can't be the only megalomaniac wizard, right?? Batman and Superman had multiple villans to thwart. I'd be perfectly ok if Harry retires, but I'd really love to have more from her. What about the wizard schools in the other continents?

Mr Interesting
12-12-2011, 10:40 PM
I just watched DH part 1 the other night in anticipation of grabbing part 2 possibly this weekend.

Even if you've read the books the movies are an entirely different ballgame. I know quite a few film makers and I'd say I'm very sympathetic to what they have to try and achieve and think everyone of the HP movies has it's merits.

I am looking forward to DH2 but I won't expect it to be a great movie. Cool and watchable and on the edge of making me fidgety but it'll be competent and I'll have enjoyed watching it.

Whereas I watched Inception last night and that was Good! That was Great even!

I'd say forget about the books and just make movies that suit moviemaking and leave the books to stories that suit books.