PDA

View Full Version : Do we all have the same gift ?

vicky3619
30-11-2011, 05:11 PM
I have read about Gifts or abilities [ I thinks it's the same thing,isn't it ?]but I have some questions.

do we all have the same Gifts that we just need to developped ?

Or has each person as it's own gifts ? so that theire certain thing we cannot developed because we just don't have the ability to do so?
and if so, has everyone at least one gift ?
And how do we know what gift do we have ?

WhiteWarrior
30-11-2011, 05:44 PM
I think we all have abilities/gifts lying dormant, waiting to be woken up when we wake up spiritually. Some find them as a child, others at mature age, most don't at all - we are a highly material-oriented world. But then we die, get born again unless we choose otherwise, and get another shot. I have been informed that this is the first of my many lifetimes where I have been openminded enough to accept that there IS a spiritual side. And what do you know, here they come - more emerging abilities than I can shake a stick at. Hardly a day now goes without a new development of some kind.

But even if all or most of us have potential, I don't think we all are liable to develop in all directions. It would be like being a famous painter, a wold class music artist, an architect building skyskrapers and opera houses, a top horserider, a ski jump winner and so on.... at the same time. A combination like that has not been seen since Leonardo da Vinci.

You have gifts, vicky, and they are probably multiple. But like the rest of us you won't know what until you feel their presence. For me, I know that long before I got my first gift I was in a discussion on a different type of forum and there was a flippant discussion about what superpowers we wanted. Some said flying, others selected from the rest of the superhero salad bar. My post was just a single word. 'Heal'. I don't want fame (quite the opposite), I don't want to earn money on this, I don't want to be the local ask-for-anything. If I can make the world a little better, for a few suffering ones, I consider my own existence fully justified at last. And what do you know, that's the kind of thing I have found myself doing. I have found a few other abilities too but I am using them with the same purpose. So I think it is a little up to you, vicky. What is it you really, really want to do if you could? What does your heart say?

vulkus
30-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Personally I believe everyone has the exact same ability as everyone else. It just depends upon that persons level of development.

sesheta
30-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I think everyone has certain abilities that are latent in them, or can be developed, but I also believe that nobody can develop every ability...it would probably drive you crazy if you could!! I can't imagine having so many abilities to have to try to control/ turn down/on/off, grounding, shielding, etc, etc, etc....it would be exhausting.
I know I have certain abilities that are naturally part of me, that I could build on/improve if I simply practised more. But there are other abilities that I have tried to develop, that I just can't seem to get...and that's OK. I would rather work with what I have than to worry about stuff I don't :)

vicky3619
03-12-2011, 03:16 PM
the problem is that I would like so much things !
I feel like I'm able to do telepathy if I really try and concentrate ( it has already work 3 or 4 times)
BUT the thing I would just love to do is to heal ! I think that's it's just so wonderful to be able to heal someone, it would help to help people and make this world a little better, I will be so happy if I could heal people just to help them of course!
and I would also love to use or the tarots or the pendulum ( and to be able to see faerie but this isn't a gift I think ahaha)
Do I want too much things ? :/

WhiteWarrior
03-12-2011, 07:07 PM
Okay, then we have:
- telepathy
- heal
- divining/reading by tarot cards
- divining/reading by pendulum
- being able to see faeries

I can't speak for faerie watching but the rest can be cut down to healing and gathering information. Let's look at the last first. Imagine that you are walking down the street. There's dozens of people just within a radius of 50 meters of you. Without abilities, all you can read is their faces and behavior and clothing; it will tell you a little about them but you don't really need to deal with it. Now let's add in some abilities.... and they aren't strangers any more. And you know that the little girl over there is getting unwanted visits by her uncle at night, that the young man in front of you is five minutes away from jumping in front of the subway train, that the woman to the left has cancer and is in pain, that the cold looking man coming directly past you wants to take you to the back alley.... and that the man on the other side of the street, is that first little girl's uncle. You will also have picked up a hundred little details about coming haircuts, last night's dates and the weekend's overtime work. Some of this you can shrug off, but I don't think you can shrug it all off. Some it you very much want to act on. But what can you do? Call the police and present yourself as a telepath, then warn that the guy over there is going to do something bad? You will most likely end up going to bed, knowing exactly what is going to happen or have happened to some of those people. In the worst case you will have connected with them and gotten to share in the experiences.

I have a friend who gets prophetic visions, and most of it is things that she don't know where happens. They come in her sleep. She has hardly got a good night's sleep in 30 years and it is not a gift for her, but a curse. Especially since some of the things happen to people she knows but she is still unable to act due to the circumstances.

What the psychic must do in either case is, just for a start to shield her/himself and keep the ability tightly packed away. Then comes the moral questions; what can you do something with, what shouldn't you interfere with even if you could, what do you somehow know you MUST do something about? Being a psychic can be a heavy burden.

And with healing it is even worse. Because for one thing, you will find yourself in need of a lot of information in order to achieve anything. I am a novice healer myself and learning how to control my abilities is hard enough, but knowing how to utilize them is just as hard. Removing pain temporarily is not a very hard thing to do, but to remove the cause of the pain is a lot worse. Right now I have a heap of books on my nightstand, on anatomy and first aid, so I can understand what the physical state of even the simplest problem. A bruise, what IS it? What causes it, what does it look like on the inside, how does the body deal with it? And only once I know all this can I know how to heal it, or rather help the body heal it. And that is just for a BRUISE. Imagine trying to heal someone with damaged kidneys. And so far it's just fun and giggles. Because once you do have enough abilities and skills, you find yourself able to help a lot of people. In fact you can probably keep yourself busy for life just improving the health of the people in the nearest couple of streets. The baby that won't stop crying. The alcoholic's wasting legs. The elder man's back pain. The abused woman's bruises. And lo and be hold, we are back to some hard moral choices. Who do you heal, who don't you, and how do you look at yourself in the mirror when you go to bed for night? There must be a hundred thousand healers in the world. Maybe ten thousand of them are strong enough to have choices. Maybe a thousand work day and night, unseen and unthanked, to heal while their own lives are put of hold. The nine thousand others have blocked themselves off because they can't deal with all the pain, and the fear and demands they are met with when they reveal themselves as healers.

I am not trying to scare you off becoming a psychic. This post is a warning that having real abilities means having to make hard choices every day of your life, and to spend time every day shielding yourself and holding back. If you can heed that warning, if you are able to consider the hardships and pains it means to be different, then you are one step closer to getting those abilities, to be more ready for them. Maybe more than one step.

vulkus
03-12-2011, 07:39 PM
As far as healing goes, unless you're intending to perform surgery or mend a broken bone you don't need to know anatomy at all. It really depends on the 'type' of healing that you are doing. Herbs and poultices no anatomy just identification of different types of injuries and what herbs to what etc.
As above but setting broken bones, then really, what the process is then it is more than just general anatomy.

Energy healing then no you don't need to know much detail about the body parts, just that there is a skeletal system and a musculature system. Apart from that nothing much else.
It all comes from experience.

Mountain-Goat
03-12-2011, 10:08 PM
I have read about Gifts or abilities [ I thinks it's the same thing,isn't it ?]but I have some questions.

do we all have the same Gifts that we just need to developped ?

Or has each person as it's own gifts ? so that theire certain thing we cannot developed because we just don't have the ability to do so?
and if so, has everyone at least one gift ?
And how do we know what gift do we have ?
From a timeless classic
1 corinthians 13

If I speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, I'm nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.
If I speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if I have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but I don't love, I'm nothing.

If I give everything I own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but I don't love, I've gotten nowhere.
So, no matter what I say, what I believe, and what I do, I'm bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle,
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others,
Doesn't revel when others grovel,
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth,
Puts up with anything,
Trusts God always,
Always looks for the best,
Never looks back,
But keeps going to the end.

Love never dies. Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit.
We know only a portion of the truth, and what we say about God is always incomplete.
But when the Complete arrives, our incompletes will be canceled.

When I was an infant at my mother's breast, I gurgled and cooed like any infant. When I grew up, I left those infant ways for good.

We don't yet see things clearly. We're squinting in a fog, peering through a mist.
But it won't be long before the weather clears and the sun shines bright!
We'll see it all then, see it all as clearly as God sees us, knowing him directly just as he knows us!

But for right now, until that completeness, we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation:
Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

Moonglow
03-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Hello,

To me, anyone can be a healer.

To go along with wonderful post that Alternate Carpark presented.
If I may share what it inspired.

When one holds a friend to comfort him/her, one is a healer.
When one listens with an open heart, one is a healer.
When one speaks out for those who can not, one is a healer
When one holds a loved one and share in the love, one is a healer.

Everyone has these abilities. IMO, it is a matter of having the trust that one has them and the courage to use them.

Some general further thoughts.

Some practices do take studying and training. Explore and be open to finding those who may help lead you where you want to go.

If you plan on working with and upon others it does help to be familiar with the body and meridians so that the energy can be better directed.
It depends upon what kind of healing practice you wish to do.
Massage Therapy or energy work.

Trust in your intuition and practice, practice, practice.:smile:

Focus upon what you feel most drawn to. Try not to take on more then you feel you can handle.

Peace

vicky3619
09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks everyone.
So as you said to love is the more important.
And I really like your vision of a healer moonglow, maybe before I want to do all complicated things I should do simple things [that I do but maybe should improve it] love , listen , understand...
And I understand what you mean to have thoses abilities involves a lot of responsability and maybe i'm ''too young and should live my life because thinking of all thoses things'' like said my parents. But I don't know, of course I want to live my life but I just can't tell myself that maybe I could do so much other things and just don't do anything at all.
Will think about all this...

WhiteWarrior
09-12-2011, 06:45 PM
One thing is certain, you are not too young to start. Being spiritual is a good thing at any age. Just don't let it be the sole focus of your life, because youth is only wasted once ;)

vicky3619
23-12-2011, 11:42 AM
of course it's not my only focus in life ;)

Kaausti
23-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Coincidence thread? I think not. I was just helping a friend (being used as a vessel is more accurate) for her to awaken. It turns out, it just needed to materialize or come to fruition.

I think we all are given the same gifts, however, because we all live in diverse communities and conditions? We develop the ones that will provide the most contribution to the whole.

I agree that all people can be a healer with its unique approach. Its matched with physical ability, physical circumstances and environment influence (family, friends, community).

So, if this is the case? We should have more peace in the world, eh? If we have a common understanding that we come from the same source...Love, Understanding and Respect should follow.

The diversity reflects rainbows...so, we can't all be exactly the same or doing the exact same thing? That would be very dull and boring for me.