PDA

View Full Version : Adapting

The Om
28-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Hey

So, for all my life I held certain beliefs, a way of life, close to my heart, that seem to be most closely related to Wicca, or what came before it. But I've been going to school in the city for a while, and really feel cut off.
I was wondering how you go about your lives with certain beliefs, when the place you live in integrally cuts you off from them?

Be well

norseman
29-11-2011, 11:27 AM
I take it that you want to follow a "country" life style in a city ?
Oddly, I have just given this advice to Greenlove. Find a Conservation Group in your city, preferably one involved in regenerating neglected green spaces. As I said to Greenlove, they can be very social and great fun plus the bonus of doing productive physical work. :smile: Look for "Volunteering Bureau" or something similar to that.

Blooms Bright
30-11-2011, 12:33 AM
Great advice Norseman, I may take that upon myself...LOL!

For you Om, I can share my experience with you. Maybe something will resonate with you : )

I grew up in the city and was lucky enough to move to the country. I have lovely gardens and sacred spaces, however harsh winters prevent me from using them. This may sound silly but I keep a tote of my garden soil. When the need arises I literally " play in the dirt." I love the cool texture, the smell, and the solstice it brings me.
I also collect and bring into my home items I find while taking nature walks. I am not sure exactly where you are located, but many cities have community walking trails.
And lastly, our local cooperative extension (colleges) have classes on gardening and such. This helps me plan and prepare for spring. I meet many wonderful people who are likeminded. And for awhile, I belong again.

These are a few strategies that help me, maybe the could be of use.

- I hope that you find a solution that eases your soul. I understand what that pull feels like, The need to connect. You are not alone.

~Bright Blessings

Elena
30-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Hey

So, for all my life I held certain beliefs, a way of life, close to my heart, that seem to be most closely related to Wicca, or what came before it. But I've been going to school in the city for a while, and really feel cut off.
I was wondering how you go about your lives with certain beliefs, when the place you live in integrally cuts you off from them?

Be well

Hey I feel your pain I like nature and don't want to leave Alaska. I am drawn to nature as you are. Having alots of plants at home are good. Try plants that are wines. :hug2:

Elena
30-11-2011, 12:37 AM
Oddly, I have just given this advice to Greenlove. Find a Conservation Group in your city, preferably one involved in regenerating neglected green spaces. As I said to Greenlove, they can be very social and great fun plus the bonus of doing productive physical work. :smile: Look for "Volunteering Bureau" or something similar to that.

Your advice is good I like it very much.:D

norseman
30-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I spend most of my free time wandering the "Wild Green" in England. Without that, I just shrivel up :D

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/northeast/800px-Aysgarth_Falls_28Upper29.jpg

krishna
30-11-2011, 01:31 PM
One attempts to appear to go with the flow.
However hold tight to your own thoughts and beliefs.
Wishing you well on your journey through life.
Truth and light.
Krishna.

The Om
30-11-2011, 05:59 PM

This is all really great advice. Thanks everyone! I've actually never thought of looking up conservation groups, its a really good idea! I'll see what I can find in my area as soon as I have some extra time on my hands.

Bright, I would love to start a garden of my own, or even just own a plant, but I live in student housing, and am gone for some of the year. I wouldn't be able to take care of it. I'll definitely see if my school offers any gardening classes though! Thanks for the advice.