PDA

View Full Version : Worshipping the gods

Greenlove92
28-11-2011, 07:50 PM
Hi :) i usualy comunicate with the Lady and the Lord through prayers, usualy adressing to Her.

She has never failed to help me. How can i thank Her? Would a nice, sincere, thankful prayer do? Because i do not understand much about offerings, and from what i've read those don't feel right.

Hum... Ideas please?

May you be blessed :)

EbonyDoe
28-11-2011, 09:05 PM
You can always just speak openly and honestly, expressing your thanks and love to Her, as one would a parent and friend

Animus27
28-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi :) i usualy comunicate with the Lady and the Lord through prayers, usualy adressing to Her.

She has never failed to help me. How can i thank Her? Would a nice, sincere, thankful prayer do? Because i do not understand much about offerings, and from what i've read those don't feel right.

Hum... Ideas please?

May you be blessed :)
If you're unsure, you can pray to her & ask what she would appreciate as thanks from you. You can also do something for others in her honor, like volunteering at a charity or donating to one - if offerings aren't your thing.

norseman
29-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Taking your devotions and your forum name, my advice would be to join a Nature Conservation group. They can be great fun and very social plus all the benefits of working in the "Green". So, you can thank Her with the sweat of your brow :D
I don't know where you are but in the UK, there are many such groups operating all over the country, even some urban groups regenerating overgrown scrublands in inner cities.

krishna
29-11-2011, 09:08 AM
May you be blessed also.
A nice sincere and thankful prayer will be appreciated.
In pure light and truth.
Krishna.

Greenlove92
30-11-2011, 08:41 PM
Thank you everyone :) i'd love to volunteer but it's not an option right now.
I guess i'll do as you all said and thank Her through prayers. I'll also work on helping the world in other ways :)

Already converted my mom to recycling, now i'm trying to convince her for composting.
Thank you :)

May you be blessed with much love and health.

Occultist
30-11-2011, 09:17 PM
Offering on your alter?

Greenlove92
04-12-2011, 08:13 PM
Occultist, my altar is my mind. I can't have one, or practice holidays celebration. :s

Wolfe of Wildwood
04-12-2011, 08:26 PM
is it 'cause of your family? I have the same problem, I can't celebrate the holidays as openly as I would like to.