PDA

View Full Version : I'm an observer of my own life

Yassi
26-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Greetings :smile:

Sometimes when something is happening around me or even with me I feel as I'm a distant observer not a participant. There isn't a feeling that I'm involved in whatever it is. I can't take anything seriously anymore. I do enjoy this freedom but it's still unusual. Have you experienced anything like that? What is it called?:smile:

Saggi
26-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Hi Yassi,

Are you walking the route of re-programming?

Changing how you preceive things?

Opening your mind?

Look at it as seeing with different eyes and you may find your answers,,,

I have recently experienced this and the changes have been quite dramatic,,,

And amazing!

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

psychoslice
26-11-2011, 09:47 AM
You may be depersonalizing your self, sometimes this happens when we are not happy with the life we live, so we sort of step out of it when it gets too much, we then feel more freer.

Sangress
26-11-2011, 09:49 AM
Its called depersonalisation. Many people experience it every now and again, but if it is a constant thing you might want to get it checked because it can lower your quality of life substantially if it gets out of hand.

mattie
26-11-2011, 10:20 AM
This can be an increased appreciation of your being a multidimensional being, connecting more w/ your extended energies. Distanced observer is a very useful skill, particularly when utilized to decline wasting one’s energies in trivial drama. We can practice distanced observer, yet still be fully engaged in living our life.

Yassi
26-11-2011, 11:04 AM
thank you for your replies! :smile:

Guys, you scare me to death with your diagnosis 'depersonalisation'. Is it a first step to a multipersonality disorder?
I worked as a volunteer in an asylum about ten years ago. God, it's the last place on earth I would like to find myself. I hope I'm not losing my mind and even if I'm insane, I hope it's not that sort of insanity.

Saggi

I don't have any special trainings or practices. :smile: It just happens.
What kind of changes have you experienced?

Mattie

Yes, I'm fully engaged in living my life but in another way. It's smth new to me. I was like a mountain river before, now I'm a lake :smile:

Saggi
26-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Yassi,

Briefly what's happened is that I have started to acknowledge me,,,

I've realised that some people project themselves and that I can take on what they project,,

I have realised, without being selfish, I am important! And in doing so I see the world more through my own eyes, my own feelings and my own perception,,,

Love and hugs

Jo

XxXx

Free4ever
27-11-2011, 04:39 PM
Greetings :smile:

Sometimes when something is happening around me or even with me I feel as I'm a distant observer not a participant. There isn't a feeling that I'm involved in whatever it is. I can't take anything seriously anymore. I do enjoy this freedom but it's still unusual. Have you experienced anything like that? What is it called?:smile:
Yes, you are aware. Isn't it beautiful not to be caught up in thoughts and emotions?

Xan
27-11-2011, 05:18 PM
gSometimes when something is happening around me or even with me I feel as I'm a distant observer not a participant. There isn't a feeling that I'm involved in whatever it is. I can't take anything seriously anymore. I do enjoy this freedom but it's still unusual. Have you experienced anything like that? What is it called?
Yassi... It's called detachment and is a high state of awareness.

For those who gave the label 'depersonalization'... that is an severe imbalance from repressed conflicted emotions, and most certainly does not give one a feeling of freedom but rather dullness and restriction.

In detachment there's a sense of connectedness, within oneself and with others, but not through the mind's ideas and emotions. The Real connection, in other words.

You'll get used to it after a little while. :smile:

Xan

SerpentQueen
27-11-2011, 06:14 PM
You may be depersonalizing your self, sometimes this happens when we are not happy with the life we live, so we sort of step out of it when it gets too much, we then feel more freer.

I think depersonalization is a bit of a stretch. You can step out of it when you are completely happy with your life, as a way to enable space for others to join you in your happy state. Sometimes it's about taking on the distant observer stance, so you can see what's really going on. And sometimes it's about lovingly getting out of the way, on purpose, so as not to add to the energies going on.

I do this with my kids and my husband; I will sometimes deliberately disconnect -- become the placid lake -- so that they may have more clarity for themselves. I may not be describing this well, but it is a technique I learned not through spiritual journey but through cognitive behavioral therapy. For example, with kids (teenagers) individuation and differentiation are so important. Teens can struggle with knowing where they start and end compared to their parents. So by becoming that placid lake, you become a mirror for them. And it works the other way around as well; you then see your children for who they are -- different than you.

That said, lately I have been experiencing more and more often situations in which I find I have no words to say. Which is unusual for me because I am a talker. :D I struggle because I want to make a point, about something I may feel extremely passionate about, but then I realize it's fruitless to bother. Because people need to reach their own conclusions. There is something about this that makes me sad, but I think it's more of a letting go/wistful feeling.

SerpentQueen
27-11-2011, 06:17 PM
g
Yassi... It's called detachment and is a high state of awareness.

For those who gave the label 'depersonalization'... that is an severe imbalance from repressed conflicted emotions, and most certainly does not give one a feeling of freedom but rather dullness and restriction.

In detachment there's a sense of connectedness, within oneself and with others, but not through the mind's ideas and emotions. The Real connection, in other words.

You'll get used to it after a little while. :smile:

Xan

What Xan said... and so much better!

:smile:

Emmalevine
27-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I agree with Xan. I have experienced depersonalisation but it is a different thing to detachment, which it sounds like you are feeling. Depersonalisation is rather unpleasant and quite a numb feeling where you are 'split off' from your body and surroundings. This can happen after trauma or even during extreme tiredness. I tend to experience it during or after long car journeys. Detachment, on the other hand, is quite a peaceful feeling, like being in the sky watching the clouds go by. You still experience emotions, sometimes just as deeply, but you let them go afterwards. You know it is just another cloud that floated by for a short time, but it will go again.

Sangress
27-11-2011, 09:39 PM
Guys, you scare me to death with your diagnosis 'depersonalisation'. Is it a first step to a multipersonality disorder?
I'm not saying you have it indefinitely, its simply a logical explanation that could be looked into.

It's most certainly not a first step to Dissociative Identity Disorder (MPD). It's just a reaction to stress, no different or less common than feeling nervous...etc etc.

In my experience it can be quite peacefull on some occasions despite its origins. *shrugs*