PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on meditation before going to sleep?

ljepotica
08-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Hello all:hug3:

I just wanted to ask about any specific kinds of meditation before you go to sleep? Any you recommend?

I've noticed then when I do try to meditate I hear some noise-like some banging or some kind of movement-is there something I should know about here?

Thanks guys,

Lots of love,

S xxxx

imageimaginer
08-03-2007, 04:52 AM
Maybe you will end up in a trance-like state which might be dangerous. I hear bangings and stuff too when I try. Now I do meditations earlier in the day or an hour before I sleep.

celtic_cutty
08-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Yes I agree..Ive always been told never to meditate before sleeping.

ljepotica
08-03-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh ok-thanks for that it's always good to know:)

But do you have any idea of why you hear these banging noises II?

dreamer
08-03-2007, 02:52 PM
Hey Lj,

I meditate before going to sleep because it's often the easiest time for me to do so. I hear bangs and cracks, i get flashes of light and my wife and children seem to be tuned into my meditation as well sometimes - I don't consider any of it dangerous just a test of my ability to surrender and let go as is all life/dream. I used to just meditate on my third eye although recently and after reading the emerald tablets of thoth I focus my attention on alternate nights from my head one night to my body the next to the head again the next and so on. Whichever end I focus on needs to be pointing North and this is supposed to balance polarities and give better health and mental functioning, just experimenting with it at the moment to see what happens really, its on one of the later tablets i think like 10,11 or 12 if you want to check it out. Definately does something weird and wonderful for me anyway.

developing1
11-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Hi everyone,

i meditate last thing at night too, I find its the best time for me to do it as all my physical work has been done, it's quiet outside so no noise interferance, it's trully beautiful,

there's been the odd occasion when i've gone so deep into meditation that it feels like i've gone to sleep but i'm asking myself am i going into trance as i'd like to work with spirit in this field, who knows?

love and light

developing1:hug3:

angelicious
12-03-2007, 06:42 AM
Kia ora, hello,

I've posted steps for a 'mindful meditation' (by Deepak Chopra) in the 'My Space' part of SF. Look in 'My Angelicious Space' post #16. It's a good one to do for 15 minutes at night before retiring to bed. :D

janspirit
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi lj

I was told not to meditate before going to sleep too, but i just do a little tune in after i've said my prayers for protection, blessing, guidance, and sent out distant healing to people and animals and prayed for peace in the world.. i just tune in quickly and sometimes see my guide and get a quick message.. then i usually just drop off to sleep quick.

If ur having trouble getting to sleep there's a yoga practice u can do lying down in bed. U just tighten up ur muscles and then releasing them, starting with ur toes, ur feet, ur ankles, ur knees, etc etc .. after that just place ur hands on your either side of ur belly button and that usually helps u to relax and nod off .... sweet dreams to u

love n light

janspirit xx:hug3:

angelicious
12-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Hahaha, now that's just trippy (in the best possible sense) Jan!!!! Lol :D

I just came back here to suggest the very same yoga practice for I use it too, lol. In fact, lastnight in bed while I was performing this ritual and the mindful meditation, I thought, "Ah, yes, must remember to post this technique."

I'm an open vessel to glorious universal energy at these times whilst meditating as I cleanse myself of the days energies. So, I guess either you, or I, telepathically transmitted this message, hmmm?

Anyway, it's flippin'ilicious fantasticilicious when it happens between strangers, it mostly happens with family & acquaintances. :D

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

janspirit
13-03-2007, 05:03 PM
dearest angelicisousness

we must be in tune!!!! We r all ONE after all...!!! heehee hee... love ya

love n light
n blessings

Jan xxxxxx:hug2: :hug3:

ljepotica
13-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Oh right thanks janspirit and angelicous-I'll most certainly try the yoga practise you guys have recommended.

Thing is that I live in a busy place and although I can try to meditate in the evening it's just more convinient for me to meditate before I go to sleep-I mean I can still meditate at other times but sometimes it's just easier before sleeping-I am a light sleeper anyway...:rolleyes:

Thanks again all you guys for your advice-very much appreciated:smile:

It's great to be back into meditation-I went a few months without wanting to do anything and now that I'm back I'm most certainly in a great mood and enjoy it-I'm also discovering what I can only describe as new realms and places-it's awesome:D

Take care and lots of love-keep up your excellent work people:hug:

S xxxx

angelicious
13-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Rock on Lj, you go girl, rock on!!!!:D

Fantastic to hear you're on the up. Meditating is fine before sleep. Don't buy into the stigma that it's not alright, okay. Go with your flow.

ljepotica
13-03-2007, 10:29 PM
Thank you very much angelicious:)

Take care and lots of love,

S xxxx

spiritalk
15-03-2007, 08:22 PM
When you fall asleep with the mind open and altered (usually alpha state) it is a time that visitors come (this is an invitation to the lowest of entities as you are not guarded and guided by your own consciousness). While it may seem harmless for a time, eventually the mind will have some aberrant stuff happening because you remain open and unconscious of all happenings. We not live our lives unconscious.

God bless, J

El Barto
06-04-2007, 08:36 PM
The first time i tried meditation was before I went to sleep. It was all new to me. After many tries something happened. The bed was opening up and I was falling through the other side. Woke up grabbing the sides of the bed :icon_eek: .
.... Maybe thats why? Don't know.......
Later that week I went far in my meditation. I went to where time never existed or before the big bang. It was like an eternity and a flash all at once. No distances, no deminsions nothing it was an experience, hard to put in words.
Wish I could do that again.
That's my two cents....

Maranda
06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Avoid meditating before going to sleep. Keep meditation to planned sessions.

Before going to sleep use affirmations.

Positive affirmations.

Or simply count to ten over and over.

One very important affiramation i use is - Body heal thyself.

Any questions?

ljepotica
07-04-2007, 01:52 AM
Hey El Barto-wow that sounds amazing:)

Sometimes when I meditate I do go off into other places-like I did a few weeks ago and ended up in an amazing place that I have never seen in my life and landscapes that I could never imagine existed or imagine-it was awesome and I would love to go there again:)

The lower energies that you mention spiritalk are something I am concerned about, however, I think that if I ask for protection and use protection before I go off might help don't you think? There must be some way although I won't be meditating every night before I go to sleep:)

Well-lets hope I get to move soon to a quiet house-then there will be less problems:)

Thanks for your replies guys,

Take care and lots of love,

S xxx