PDA

View Full Version : Would Like your Opinion Please

SpiritCarrier
23-11-2011, 01:00 PM
I have found on my journey to enlightment a variety of beings. I, since coming here, have become curious about a few things and would like your opinion on them.

1. Do you feel that most people have evolved beyond prejudice?

2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand?

3. Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how?

4. Do you hide your gifts from the main stream? If so, Why?

I appreciate any input you may have. Thank you for reading.

WhiteWarrior
23-11-2011, 01:15 PM
I have found on my journey to enlightment a variety of beings. I, since coming here, have become curious about a few things and would like your opinion on them.

No. I am afraid it is part of human nature, and the average person finds it easier to go with the flow than risk standing out. But I can still see a lot of good people out there and I try to stick with them.

2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand?

Possibly it is worse. There are fewer pitchforks and torches, but now there are journalists who want to profit on making stories on us, first to tell about us and then to 'reveal us as impostors'. And scientists will not be seen near us as it will cost them all past and future credibility. Then there is the church who will demonize us. Wait, I guess little has changed then. There is less fear, because most don't believe this stuff exists and those who do will mostly see the Good side.

3. Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how?

I must pass on that. If the entire world knew exactly what some of us are capable of and what really DOES go bump in the night, there would be a worldwide hunt that would make the medieval one look like a children's party in comparison. If anything, there could be more benign things done, more healing, to show the good side.

I would not tell anyone but a long time partner of my gifts. Not even my closest family would know of it unless I could see they were having the same gifts.

Greenslade
24-11-2011, 09:59 AM

1. Do you feel that most people have evolved beyond prejudice? [quote]
No. There is still prejudice and always will be, the only thing that has really changed is where we focus that prejudice. For some, there is still fear for what they don't understand. And I have no doubt that if it was legal, some people would still burn others at the stake.

[quote=SpiritCarrier] 2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand?
Not too far from it.

In part. Some people want to use their gifts as a status symbol or to massage their ego, perpetuating the divide instead of crossing it.

I don't hide my gifts from anyone, but neither do I push it in people's faces. I try to ba as matter-of-fact as I can, and use discernment.

The Eagle
24-11-2011, 10:39 AM

1. Do you feel that most people have evolved beyond prejudice? .

humankind has not evolved for thousands and thousands of years. prejudice has always been the key factor for solidarity. just now people and society in general has ended up with the hypocritical viewpoint "dont tolerate intolerant people".

the laws of the land rely on prejudice - and that protects people. so we should never evolve beyond prejudice.

2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand?.

People think they have the right to be different - this is not what society was built on. it has changed a little - now i think people are encouraged and cheered on for being different - as long is it still fits into the "normal" actions of society - but people do not think of the longer term effects of such actions.

i think its simple - eveyone is already different just most dont need the feel to show it - or to prove it. there is no special gift that puts another person above anyone - we each have different gifts, now you can view that as none of them are special or all - its up to you.

yes ofcourse. fear is a useful tool.

i would say yes i do - simply because others don't need to know what i can do. :wink:

Baile
24-11-2011, 01:53 PM
We all have gifts SpiritCarrier. Some people are more aware of their gifts than others are, that's all. My suggestion would be to focus on helping to open up others to recognize their gifts, rather than directing energy towards what it is some people may think of you and your chosen path.

Lisa
24-11-2011, 03:25 PM
SpiritCarrier- I have found on my journey to enlightment a variety of beings. I, since coming here, have become curious about a few things and would like your opinion on them.

No.

What special gifts are you talking about?

Maiya
24-11-2011, 03:36 PM

No, it's a part of the human condition. Many people have learned the hard way to rise above it, many are still struggling with it, and many are still suffering it.

I believe the problem here may be that we feel the need to share our discoveries with others but most people on this planet are yet to awaken, and until they do we must share cautiously. On many levels too much information can be overwhelming.

Some people with 'gifts' seek out the attention of the media and not always with the best intentions and this brings many spiritual 'gifts' into disrepute casing others to be more cautious and even afraid to share their 'gifts'.

I don't think of my abilities as gifts. I worked long and hard to be this comfortable in my own skin. In the beginning I kept much to myself, then I tried sharing my discoveries, then eventually I discovered that it was better to teach by example. I took up meditation and worked to hugely simplify my life.

SpiritCarrier
24-11-2011, 07:59 PM
I only meant to imply that some have special gifts in that we accept and acknowledege that spiritual side of ourselves that allows us to do certain things that other may not be able to do. I in no way think I am special. In coming to this forum I see that even more so. Thank you all for your opinions.

Baile
24-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I only meant to imply that some have special gifts in that we accept and acknowledege that spiritual side of ourselves that allows us to do certain things that other may not be able to do. I in no way think I am special. In coming to this forum I see that even more so. Thank you all for your opinions.And where I said "you" in my response, I meant and should have said "everyone." Sorry to put you on the spot, SC.

Vaughn
24-11-2011, 11:31 PM
1. Do you feel that most people have evolved beyond prejudice? NO

2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand? YES and NO, it's just a different kind of hunting.

3. Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how? Most Certainly, from all the negativity I see on this sight, not much has changed.

4. Do you hide your gifts from the main stream? If so, Why? No, I've never much gone into lying, being something I'm not for any reason.

Aquarian
25-11-2011, 01:27 AM
No. I am afraid it is part of human nature, and the average person finds it easier to go with the flow than risk standing out. But I can still see a lot of good people out there and I try to stick with them.
I'm inclined to believe Sri Yukteswar's theory that we have 2000 years to go, to the Treta Yuga.

Possibly it is worse. There are fewer pitchforks and torches, but now there are journalists who want to profit on making stories on us, first to tell about us and then to 'reveal us as impostors'. And scientists will not be seen near us as it will cost them all past and future credibility. Then there is the church who will demonize us. Wait, I guess little has changed then. There is less fear, because most don't believe this stuff exists and those who do will mostly see the Good side.
Hmm, I don't have a problem with journalists. And the church is at best, irrelevant in my country (UK).

If the entire world knew exactly what some of us are capable of and what really DOES go bump in the night, there would be a worldwide hunt that would make the medieval one look like a children's party in comparison.
Mwa ha ha... :icon_eek:

I would not tell anyone but a long time partner of my gifts. Not even my closest family would know of it unless I could see they were having the same gifts.
I soooooo want to tell people. Sometimes I'm compelled to display my gifts as the situation warrants an overt try. And sometimes I display failure as I'm still working on the theory.

Mountain-Goat
25-11-2011, 02:36 AM

I do not know most people so i cannot accurately comment.
I have no personal knowledge of centuries ago so i cannot accurately comment.

I do not know specifically what you mean by gifts, but I do acknowledge that fear is self generated by one's response to their experiences.

I have no idea who is in the cateorgy of "mainstream" so how can I know where and when to hid my "gifts". I prefer the term ability.

Baile
25-11-2011, 02:31 PM
Alternate Carpark, it's not a difficult or complicated thing to come to a general overview with regards to the "mainstream" world and the consciousness of the majority of the populace. Or to get a sense of what took place centuries ago; you can even read about that in history books.

EarthAngel1983
25-11-2011, 02:37 PM
Hey yes I agree we are in the same boat! I've been told by many like us that we naturally have hidden our gifts for of being outcasted. It's a natural thing we all do as it is imprinted and passed down! Nowadays people are more open and aware which means we no longer need to hide

Internal Queries
25-11-2011, 02:47 PM

no.

"We're" still afraid of ourselves and what we could do if unleashed and that fear will be reflected in the susperstitions of those not so conscious of their own abilities.

yes. if "We" don't trust our selves with the power why should those not privy to the fancy side effects of our explorations be trusting?

LOL! hide them from mainstream? hell, i hide them from myself.

you're welcome.

Baile
25-11-2011, 02:53 PM

LOL! hide them from mainstrean? hell, i hide them from myself.Ha-ha! Very good.

WhiteWarrior
25-11-2011, 03:19 PM
Hmm, I don't have a problem with journalists. And the church is at best, irrelevant in my country (UK).

I soooooo want to tell people. Sometimes I'm compelled to display my gifts as the situation warrants an overt try. And sometimes I display failure as I'm still working on the theory.

In my country we have a number of 'psychics' who sell their services in the newspapers, right beside the phonesex ads and the Instant Loan ones. They have little credibility. But there are maybe 2 or 3 people who are known nationwide for their abilities. Journalists and bookwriters bombard them with requests for attention. None of them have publicly known phone numbers any more; you must write a letter and maybe it will be read in time. Or not. With a cubic metre of mail on the door every day, it's more like winning in lotto to get their attention. So some people will drive across half the country and put up a tent on these people's lawns just so they can wait for a chance to meet the people who might change their lives. But, if it only always was that important... my mother has the number of one of these people. Or had, he is VERY old now. And she would call him for healing of this and that. And he delivered! But she would also call him when her carkeys or the cat went missing, and so would tens of thousands of others. To me, being a known and trusted psychic would be hell on earth. Not because I was worried about the pitchforks but because I could never deal with that kind of attention. "Wannnnnaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!"

Aquarian
25-11-2011, 03:46 PM
To me, being a known and trusted psychic would be hell on earth. Not because I was worried about the pitchforks but because I could never deal with that kind of attention. "Wannnnnaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!"
I don't think psychics would ever be trusted. In spite of (inadvertently) proving my abilities a ton of times, nobody is beating my door down.

My older woman friend I mentioned in a thread yesterday, told me she started seeing a shrink. I mean, half the reason we met up (from her life perspective) is so that I could help her get to a place she could write how to deal with the post consumerist society.

So I said re seeing the shrink, "For what?"

She answered, I see the issue flash up in the aura, cleared it (permanently) and said "It's fixed".

Still only see her about once every six months though.

SpiritCarrier
25-11-2011, 04:08 PM
WhiteWarrior,
I find it a harsh view but most likely very accurate. I am trying to deal with the realizations I have come to learn here, on SF. Thank you for your input.

Aquarian,
I think I can see what you are saying however I don't understand wishing and feeling compelled to display your gifts/talents and then displaying failure as you are still working on the theory. That is completely foriegn to me. Perhaps it is this displayed failure that has the older woman seeking help from other sources. I don't know. Maybe she has found a source she prefers, we all have perferences. Good luck to you.

To everyone that have posted I would like to thank you for your opinions. The input has been most valuable. I hope to see more of this, as I wish to continue to understand and grow. Thank you again.

Aquarian
25-11-2011, 04:42 PM
I think I can see what you are saying however I don't understand wishing and feeling compelled to display your gifts/talents and then displaying failure as you are still working on the theory. That is completely foriegn to me. Perhaps it is this displayed failure that has the older woman seeking help from other sources. I don't know. Maybe she has found a source she prefers, we all have perferences. Good luck to you.
She is the only one I never fail with - part of what I get out of the friendship. :D

To be clear, it was a shrink who takes 2 years to do what I did in 5s.

Don't worry, I don't take it personally. She is a fiercely independent woman, with a predilection for intervention that properly respects the seriousness of her issues. :wink:

Failing, to me, isn't a big deal. Without serious consequences, we should be ambitious enough to fail at least 30% of the time.

In public, you have to be able to frame it though. I usually act like a flawed superhero who is his own worst critic: "I suck!!". Then people want to believe, want me to succeed!

Also, if you don't test your abilities in real situations, what's the point in having them?

Mountain-Goat
25-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Alternate Carpark, it's not a difficult or complicated thing to come to a general overview with regards to the "mainstream" world and the consciousness of the majority of the populace. Or to get a sense of what took place centuries ago; you can even read about that in history books. A big thumbsup for stating the obvious that generalizations are easy and uncomplicated to make Baile.
I suppose that's why some people prefer them over actual research.
Oh, and that history books only contain truth.

I do believe I'll stick with what i said.

Baile
25-11-2011, 06:53 PM
A big thumbsup for stating the obvious.I've decided to answer you politely, even though you for whatever reason went out of your way to take a shot a me. Have a good day AC.

Neville
25-11-2011, 06:54 PM
Hello SpiritCarrier,

I will answer your questions from my own perspective, subsequently my answers may be correct or incorrect from the readers point of view.:smile:

I would not know if most people have but it is clear that some have not.

I think that skepticism and mistrust exists still. The physical danger has lessened.

Not deliberately, the nature of the "gifts" is what causes the issues, A Medium becomes a necromancer in the blink of an eye ,

Yes. Because I can't keep up with the demand.

midnightstar
25-11-2011, 07:14 PM
1. Do you feel that most people have evolved beyond prejudice? No, there will always be prejudice in my opinion.

2. Do you feel that those of us who have special gifts are still in the same boat we were centuries ago when people were afraid of us and hunted us down to destroy what they did not understand? Not in the same way but I do feel there is very much a "them and us" between people with "special gifts" and those who don't.

3. Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how? I think it's fear of the unknown still :smile:

4. Do you hide your gifts from the main stream? If so, Why? Yes. People are judgemental in my experience sadly.

SpiritCarrier
25-11-2011, 07:28 PM
Hello SpiritCarrier,

I will answer your questions from my own perspective, subsequently my answers may be correct or incorrect from the readers point of view.:smile:

I would not know if most people have but it is clear that some have not.

I think that skepticism and mistrust exists still. The physical danger has lessened.

Not deliberately, the nature of the "gifts" is what causes the issues, A Medium becomes a necromancer in the blink of an eye ,

Yes. Because I can't keep up with the demand.

There is no correct or incorrect answer when one is ask for his/her opinion. I appreciate you taking time to answer my questions from your point of view. You are right everything is from the readers point of view and I appreciate learning all points of view.

I think the only thing that can make my blood boil is when someone is condemned for his/her opinion. I think the only way to learn is to voice opinion and others to do the same thus an exchange. Even when no compromise can be made, understanding that each person is allowed and encouraged to have their own opinion is true enlightenment, at least to me. I wonder at times if ignorance or stupidity is a disease that some are comfortable with? I in no way think myself superior to anyone else and it seems odd to me when someone finds it necessary to feel this way. I speak of people with or without certain 'gifts'.

I fear that the human race has not evolved as much as I had once hoped. The fear and hatred of anything different still saddens me. I feel sad that even in enlightened societies we can not be ourselves. The replies to this thread have only made me more aware of this. The honesty displayed here, in this thread, is appreciated and I would like to thank each of you.

Oh well enough of my thinking aloud.

May you each have peace and light, if you so wish it.

Baile
25-11-2011, 07:35 PM
I fear that the human race has not evolved as much as I had once hoped.And why would you fear anything in that regard? What's to fear? And what is hope of that sort, except you putting your personal expectations on others and in the process setting yourself up for disappointment?

Mountain-Goat
25-11-2011, 07:36 PM
As in over-complicating and over-thinking things, heh.
If you believe you are the standard by which to compare my level of thinking, what has that got to do with me.
I believe I'll stick with what i said.

SpiritCarrier
25-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I have just been informed that I have '*******' on other peoples views in this thread and I wish to apologize for being, or seeming to be, disingenious. It was not my intent but it seems that I have been so and not realized it. I will not be so again, I assure you. Please forgive me, any of you who I may have '*******' on your comments, it was not my intention.

Peace
SC

SpiritCarrier
25-11-2011, 09:00 PM
I just thought I would add that my statement about how the human race had not evolved and that some seem comfortable with ignorance, that comment was not directed at anyone on this forum. My statement about how I had come to learn a lot about what people had posted in this thread was only to say that it seems a lot of people feel the way I do about humanity in general and prejudice, that it still is strong today. I should have been more clear I guess so if anyone thought they were being targeted or '*******' on that isn't what I meant at all. I thought by thanking you all for posting here that it was self explanatory, I should not have assumed. I only want to make it clear now. I was making no ****** comment towards anyone on this forum, I was simply stating a fact I thought we had agreed upon in this thread.

Anyway I apologize again for any misunderstanding.

SC

Mountain-Goat
25-11-2011, 11:29 PM
I've decided to answer you politely, even though you for whatever reason went out of your way to take a shot a me. Have a good day AC.
Do you know why you felt the need to go out of your way to respond to my reply to SpiritCarrier's OP?
Tnx. I'm havin' a relaxed day.

Mountain-Goat
25-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I have just been informed that I have '*******' on other peoples views in this thread and I wish to apologize for being, or seeming to be, disingenious. It was not my intent but it seems that I have been so and not realized it. I will not be so again, I assure you. Please forgive me, any of you who I may have '*******' on your comments, it was not my intention.

Peace
SC
Serious? Someone was offended by one of your posts?
I've read the whole thread and...gee...where?

Greenslade
26-11-2011, 11:56 AM
Do you think that we, those of us with gifts, perpetuate this fear in any way? If so, how?
Do you hide your gifts from the main stream? If so, Why?
Once upon a time there was 'little old me' with no gifts that had yet manifested themselves or not yet learned. Either way, as far as 'little old me' was concerned there weren't any gifts. It became a learning curve, the dressing up as a child to explore identities and all the other things people do as they grow up to become whatever they are. Then suddenly these gifts come into their lives and they're a different 'little old me'. But the same questions arise. As 'little old me' is dressing up they're finding the answers to the big question that I believe is the whole point of us being here. Who Am I? As they discover their gifts, 'Who Am I?' takes on a different perspective, kind of like reincarnation for the not-dead. Who Am I with healing powers or being able to divine the future or.......???? This question isn't that far from 'Who Am I?' with pink hair and a fascination for this movie star when 'little old me' was a teenager.

All of these things and how we express them to the outside world is the manifestation of Spirit. It's also a gauge in that we can seen how far we have come. Perhaps the wisdom of Ozymandius is something we need to at least think about. He wanted to build mighty towers as testimony to his greatness that would last until the end of time, but he realised that eventually they would all turn to dust. Perhaps the testimony to Ozymandius' greatness is that realisation that we have never quite got the hang of as yet. Many walk in fear that if they don't do the right thing then they'll be toast, perhaps in our evolution all we've cone is exchanged 'karma' for 'superstition' or fear that we won't evolve Spiritually if we don't dedicate our lives to its pursuit. Are we so evolved that all we've done is give it a different name? Really, how much has changed?

Lightspirit
26-11-2011, 12:14 PM
We all have gifts SpiritCarrier. Some people are more aware of their gifts than others are, that's all. My suggestion would be to focus on helping to open up others to recognize their gifts, rather than directing energy towards what it is some people may think of you and your chosen path. Thats the thing about a gift you give it to other people and it can bring happiness. Thats the best use for our gifts.

vulkus
29-11-2011, 12:09 PM

NO

NO, no one has gifts special or otherwise. Everyone has the same inate abilities, it is the person and their level of awareness that determines what abilities are activated and what are not.

YES, the simple belief that you have a 'gift' and are different.

NO I have no 'gifts', if it were a gift there would be no need to hide it. I am as I appear to be, both here and in the real world. Those that have the eyes can see and those that do not, can not. So mote it be.

sound
29-11-2011, 01:10 PM

No I dont feel that is so ... attitudes may have improved slightly in some parts of the world, however most people only seem to develop a very thin veneer of tolerance, containing untold little cracks, which are revealed when they stand in the natural light ...

Deusdrum
29-11-2011, 01:45 PM

1.) No. Though i am still, however naively, of the conviction that we may be making significant progress towards this end, and if this is not the case, we can still in good faith endeavor towards this ourselves. Can we completely rid humanity of prejudice? It sounds like a tall order to be honest, and we aren't there yet in my opinion, no, not by quite a ways. I do believe there are people with enough self honesty and integrity that are free of a significant amount of prejudice, and they are probably in many cases the ones who promote education pertaining to the problems and root causes of discrimination in whichever area they choose, if not specifically working at jobs, at least actively in their communication and self expression.

2.) Yes and no. I have no past life recollections or anything as of yet, but i do see it in a sense as history repeating. We are all here to learn what we are here to learn or do, as we were in the past, and will be in the future. However, i do feel like there are many opening of minds and hearts in progress right now. The age we live in, the energy of it, the situation taken as a whole i find both terrifying and inspiring at the same time, in certain ways. It is sort of a loaded question in a sense, and i admit i may be off the mark and answering based on some internal state rather than external reality to some degree.

3.) Probably. Yes and no again. 'Fear is the mind killer' as they say. Love would be the mind enlivener then? It is an individual and personal thing to come to terms with in many ways i think. 'Perfect Love casteth out fear' as they point out in the bible. Those of us with 'gifts' (which would be everyone pretty much far as i see it) have the ability to choose whether we let fear grip our heart, or let love relax and release it.

4.) In a way, yes. Part of it maybe is some self preservation instinct. Or maybe i have yet to realize my 'gifts' in large part, i would be hard pressed to identify some of them, at least metaphysical ones. However, i would be quick to remind and refer people of the Marianne Williamson quote which i quite like in a way;

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us.' We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

May i ask why these specific questions? What are your answers to them? If you'd rather not answer, no problem, just curious.

peace. ~*

SpiritCarrier
30-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Thank you all for posting your opinions.

My answers to these questions are as follow:

No, I don't believe mankind has bridged the gap. Prejudice is strong, at least in some communities.

I remember being one of the ones who were burned at the stake because of my differences years ago. While I am no Joan of Arc, I believe anyone who is different and stands up to be counted for their beliefs, in some communities, is in danger. Maybe they wont be burned at the stake but they will wind up dead under suspicious circumstances. I have seen it happen far to often. So I do believe people still fear what they do not understand and instead of trying to understand they remove the difference, sadly.

We probably do in some ways. Maybe not consciously but anytime we stand up for something that is against what mainstream society believes we paint a target on our backs. Standing up for our rights; rights to worship how we feel we need to, rights to free speech, and so on....

Yes I do. Not because I am ashamed of what I am able to do but because it does create fear among people. I live in a small community, everyone knows everyone sort of place. When I was a child and I could do certain things I was told I was cursed with demons that I would not go to heaven if I continued to do things that were unholy, you get the picture. It is several years since I was a child but attitudes have not changed. So I hide what I can do. I help people when I can but not openly.

I agree with what you said Sound, it is a veneer of tolerance but when that tolerance is put to the test is melts away quickly. Thank you for posting. *smiles*

Vulkus I understand what you mean about we all have the same abilities inside of us, being aware of them and what they mean and how to use them takes time and patience and education. I call the things 'we' can do gifts because they are a gift in that we have something in our grasp and abilities and know how to use it or are learning how to use it and that is a gift, or at least to me. Your analogy about seeing is interesting because I have met some blind people that see much more that those who have full sight, so your point is quite valid. Thank you for your post, it is always a pleasure to read your insightful words.

LightworkerAu I couldn't agree more, thank you so much for posting.

Greenslade what a beautiful expression. Thank you so much for posting.

I want to thank everyone for posting, Thank you all so much. *smiles*

Light and Peace,
SC

Elena
30-11-2011, 12:09 AM
I just tell people from the start that I am crazy and I am. I am very open minded person and tell people from the start. My sister is finally starting to except me and my intuition but it still freaks her out sometimes. I just don't care what people's opinion of me is for the most part and especialy when it comes to my spirituality. Most people fear what they don't know or understand. It depends on your family and how you are raised. Some break away from tradition and are more free spirit and I am happy for them. Tradition is hard to break away from. Just don't let it hold you back. That is why I like this site you will find most people here are understanding, not judging, and are ok with once who are different. xoxoxo