PDA

View Full Version : My mind rules my life

rsingh
17-11-2011, 01:54 AM
Does my mind rule my life? I want to investigate into it. Mind consists of past thoughts, images and feelings perceived through senses stored as memory. As I grew I acquired some values, expectations and survival strategies. Based on these survival strategies, values and expectations I decide good & bad, right & wrong, like & dislike etc.. My mind projects into the future to expand in desired values and expectations leading to survival, satisfaction and happiness. Sometimes it succeeds achieving its goals which gives it temporary satisfaction and happiness but most of the times I get unhappy as I lose something considered valuable to me or circumstances do not meet my expectations. So in this way my mind keeps me going through the circle of happiness and unhappiness although trying to happy all the time. I do not think that my mind will ever find permanent happiness which is its target. So what do I do to find permanent happiness? I heard that if you are observer of your thought and feelings then eventually you are not moved by your thoughts and feelings. Is this true? Have anybody achieved such a state of consciousness? If so could you describe how you achieved it?

myBuddha
17-11-2011, 02:04 AM
rsingh

your mind can never be happy, only your heart. when listen to your heart, when your heart guides your actions, when you mind takes instructions from the heart can we start to feel happy.

try this.

instead of saying "I think...." or any other phrase with mind, think etc, replace it with this.
"I feel.... or My Heart" . When we start to open our heart up we start live by our true nature. It is at this point we begin to feel happier.

cheers,

mattie
17-11-2011, 03:50 AM
There is no separation from your mind & you. The mind is NOT autonomous. Viewing it as autonomous gives a handy dumping ground for whatever one doesn’t want to own.

To find happiness, begin by taking charge of ALL of you. Taking responsibility for your thoughts & emotions. Developing one’s observer skills (http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=176685#post176685) isn’t about not being moved by your thoughts & feelings, but actually mastering one’s thoughts & appreciating the value of how doing so affects our energies. It’s a learned skill that many have mastered. It’s not that hard to do, but takes perseverance. It’s real learning.

psychoslice
17-11-2011, 04:04 AM
Just keep remembering that the mind is just a tool, its great as a calculator or a means to get to and from work and all the rest of it, but don't let it rule your life, it can be a real pain if you do.

Maiya
17-11-2011, 05:31 AM
rsingh,

It isn't your mind that is ruling your world, it's your thoughts. You can change your thoughts. You can choose what thoughts to believe and what thoughts to kick out.

Take control of your thoughts and you take control of your life.

Positive affirmations are a very good tool to use while cultivating a more positive thought process.

n2mec
18-11-2011, 02:49 PM
for me, lets keep the mind fundamentals working and let our consciousnes over look the process in which we use those fundementals.

....and pass out ice cream to all those in favor!