PDA

View Full Version : Trusting your HS

njbr1111
14-11-2011, 02:09 PM
How does trusting your higher self or the universe fall into the puzzle of spiritual growth ? I know overcoming fear is the great challenge, but the biggest or hardest thing I find when it comes to the universe is trusting that it will provide. Does this make sense ?

I'd love to just quit my job, and have faith that somehow the universe will continue to provide for myself and family and not lose the house, etc ... Is this realistic ? I ponder on this a fair amount, and can't quite get a clear sense of direction in an answer.

sunny shine
14-11-2011, 02:28 PM
Dear HS - Let me explain the way I see it.

It is simply impossible for us not to do what we came here for.
Wherever, we are in life that's the exact place where we are meant to be. Flow with life, it will show you the path which is ideal for your spiritual growth. Trusting you are already in the right place even if you believe in it or not.

Sarian
14-11-2011, 02:34 PM
Hi njbr1111, Good question. I am often lead by something I don't really understand. For example, I wanted to divorce, but I often felt 'wait'...and I think why I am in such an abusive marriage, why must I wait? But I always felt wait. I thought it was fear, but I can see now, that the timing was right, and beneficial to both of us, at least now, earlier, no it wouldn't have been and could have been harmful and disasterous.

Secondly, I met a person, and to this day I wrestle with leaving...because of pain caused, but I hear 'patience' and I often see and get messages, as queer as that may sound, so I don't leave, and when the other at times desires to leave as well, can't. We don't understand it, but we stay, I've never experienced this, but I feel deeply to trust and have hope and to carry forward, so I do, even though many times I don't want to.

I ventured into another career direction, but I felt really it wasn't right for me, but I did so anyway, and believed I could be this, could do this...and found the area, if it was to be, that I could enjoy. It wasn't to be, at least for now. I was devastated, but I went against my gut...my intuition or whatever it was. I have told my friend several things over the years and he did not listen to me and all proved to be true and he wished he did. Yet, at the same time he, as well, wrestles with what it all means, and is this a higher power , a higher self speaking? What is it?

I am going through my divorce and while I thought I may lose everything, and people thought I was nuts to try and hold on to my house, my land moreso...my lawyer, my friends telling me let it go. I could not...because something higher within me told me otherwise, so I fought, and sometimes it seems it's working out, then a set back will occur, and then things work out, just like with my soon to be ex...he found his first love and is leaving when divorce is final to be with her. and he is now working with me to keep my house instead of trying to tear it from me and the kids...so that's pretty amazing,but does it mean it will still work out? I don't know. I am always questioning and I get full of fear...I have people still telling me I am a fool, my dearest friend is sitting back watching this journey unfold as he says, but sometimes he gets fearful and says I am not rational, which makes me sad and puts fear in me and then I find myself questioning. So anyway, some things seemed to workout or be working out, when my schooling towards a new career was cruelly yanked from under me and I was left now what? But at the same time, this relief flooded me and I found the other me ...

All this said and done and I still feel conflicted because of fear and because of what others say...I want to go with what I orignally felt i was to do most of my life...but I have fear...fear I will fail, fear of what others say I am being a fool or irrational, I go with my intuition or guidance, but they say "is that real! " and look at me like I could be a fool and am I a fool.

I wish I had answers for you njbr...can you look at your history and see if you ever got a sense or direction and when you went with it, when it was strong, you have to test it over and over...does it keep coming back? That's what is the driving force for me, I will discard or resign the notion and go with my 'head' and yet the other ...the gut intuition or something higher keeps coming back stronger... so I will tell you this, when I didn't heed, I regretted, but I tested it out of fear and because I listen to others...when I went against it, I regretted it, when I went with it, I can't think of a time I was let down...but still I wish I would stop fearing. Like now, I am so afraid that I keep going in this direction, I will fail this time, it may all be wrong and maybe I was the fool afterall.

Can you tell that I'm, even now, afraid to give anyone advice because I have so many telling me to do the opposite of what my heart says.

Miss Hepburn
14-11-2011, 04:21 PM
How does trusting your higher self or the universe fall into the puzzle of spiritual growth ? I know overcoming fear is the great challenge, but the biggest or hardest thing I find when it comes to the universe is trusting that it will provide. Does this make sense ?

I'd love to just quit my job, and have faith that somehow the universe will continue to provide for myself and family and not lose the house, etc ... Is this realistic ? I ponder on this a fair amount, and can't quite get a clear sense of direction in an answer.

Does this make sense - of course. We are programmed in the natural world to doubt and fear and worry and think things are unbelievable.

In the Supernatural World we are incouraged to have faith and trust, never worry, nothing is impossible, ask and receive, use the Law of Attraction.

I personally have chosen for 6 years to trust the Supernatural messages - whether from Jesus, the Gita, Hafiz, Guru Nanak, etc.

And that is: that there is a Higher Power and that Power (God, Vishnu, Brahma, Divine Mother, Divine Mind...) is nothing but Love and wants to provide for me as any parent wants their child to be happy and joyous and, thus, provides me with inner strength to do that which I must.

It is a choice - believe or worry as this world does, imo.

Since I am self-employed I rely entirely on my Father - and He always provides in
his loving, amazing ways. (Even in this economy! Why, because there is no recession in His Kingdom.)

I will say this though about having a family, house and wanting to quit your job.
"Stupid is as stupid does."
If you want to dance - you must at least stand up, you must at least start moving your legs if you want "God" to suddenly take over and move within you.

That's just how it is.

If you "ponder" on giving things up and trusting the Universe - I hope you can fulfill that desire when your kids are grown and you have set up a nest egg for your wife ---then take off and be a street person if it doesn't devastate your wife....God will indeed provide for you.

But, I'd have to ask myself is the spirit of laziness creeping in between my ears.

Because working a good job and providing for your family has nothing to to with increasing your faith in the Universe.

Love ya,
:smile: Miss Hepburn