And no one seems
To like them much.
But I think mice
Are nice.

Rose Fyleman

http://www.animalcontrolsolutions.com/wildlife/images/uploads/mouse.jpg

glenos
12-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Aww, a beautiful poem. And a beautiful mouse (aren't they all)

G

Squatchit
12-11-2011, 06:29 PM
Hiya Glen :smile:

I had mice at my previous place. Wild mice that is. They were brilliant. At night I'd hear them scurrying about. They got used to us and used to run across the lounge to the kitchen...while we were watching TV and talking.

I remember one time 'our' mouse legged it towards the kitchen - but we'd closed the kitchen door firmly shut earlier for some reason. He couldn't get through the gap and after trying to fit his body through gave up and legged it back through the hole in the skirting board.

We saw this and my b/f opened the kitchen door straightaway ever so slightly so if he came out again, he could get through.

Within the space of two minutes, our mouse was back and (seriously) paused mid-lounge, looked at us briefly, and then legged it through to the kitchen.

:smile:

glenos
12-11-2011, 07:32 PM
Hi S. That's great little story.

I found a damaged one once. I put it in a cage, fed it on fruit, peanuts, brazil nuts, biscuits, the odd bit of cheese, the lot. It got fatter and fatter and was in no time back to shining health. I used to stroke its head with my little finger. The day came to let it go. It sat on my hand twitched its whiskers, pooed in my palm, and then bit my thumb and was off.

That's gratitude for you.

G

Squatchit
12-11-2011, 07:55 PM
It sat on my hand twitched its whiskers, pooed in my palm, and then bit my thumb and was off.

That's what I call magic. The magic of nature. So much to learn. Wonderful. :smile:

Mathew James
12-11-2011, 08:08 PM
mice are nice

mj

glenos
12-11-2011, 09:27 PM
That's what I call magic. The magic of nature. So much to learn. Wonderful. :smile:

Magic indeed. Spirit expressing itself through the casing of a mouse or even a moose! The same essence that is you and me, and with their own characters. When one realises the enormity of that ..

Mind you, I don't fancy a moose loose in mah hoose :icon_eek:

G :D

Silver
12-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Cute thread~*

Squatchit
14-11-2011, 12:15 AM
Mind you, I don't fancy a moose loose in mah hoose :icon_eek:

I can only read that in a Scottish accent.........hahahhahahhahahha.

:tongue:

Uma
14-11-2011, 12:49 AM
Hi S. That's great little story.
I found a damaged one once. I put it in a cage, fed it on fruit, peanuts, brazil nuts, biscuits, the odd bit of cheese, the lot. It got fatter and fatter and was in no time back to shining health. I used to stroke its head with my little finger. The day came to let it go. It sat on my hand twitched its whiskers, pooed in my palm, and then bit my thumb and was off.
That's gratitude for you.
G

Glenos, your story has inspired me to pen this:

"The Lament of Glenos"

i nursed you to health
asking nothing for myself
you came to me needy
so why were you greedy
you bit the hand that fed you
pooped, parted
and left me
broken hearted

:tongue:

glenos
14-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Good one Uma. That made me laugh.
It all started going wrong long before that though. In its cage it had an exercise wheel thingie and as I kept it in my bedroom because of the cats, who'd scratch at the door trying to get in the room, it was kept on the window-sil. During the night I'd hear, yoing yoing yoing, rattle rattle, yoing yoing yoing. Round and round it went, forever onward, like a sales force into the night. Drove me up the wall it did as its return to fitness had become like a drug to it. Endorphins raging, on and on, yoing yoing rattle rattle, into the early hours. Sleep was now at a premium and I was glad to see it go. With muscles rippling and now the size of a hamster, I was I admit, a bit scared of it, so were the cats and conspicuous by their absence when the cage was carried ceramoniously down stairs and into the car. When it bit me I swear that I actually levitated. Those swami types have nothing on me!

G

Silver
14-11-2011, 08:02 AM
Oh glenos ! That is rich~* (I got bit by a parakeet once and had the same effect!)

glenos
14-11-2011, 08:09 AM
OMG a parakeet. That on a different level... about five feet!

G

Silver
14-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I gotta tell ya, I laughed so hard at your story. Oh god!

(You should tell 'em more often~(

Uma
15-11-2011, 03:03 AM
wish you'd taken a picture of it glenos - I'd love to see a muscular mouse (maybe not in my house):icon_eek:

Uma
16-11-2011, 11:27 AM
one time I found a very fat mouse in our cellar...and a package of flax seeds very empty

sound
16-11-2011, 11:59 AM
~Worry is today's mice nibbling on tomorrows cheese~

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u138/simplykate_2007/26046202020Ballet20needs20boys.jpg