PDA

View Full Version : Feelings from the "gut"

IsleWalker
08-11-2011, 05:04 PM
I've been thinking about this lately and wondering how everyone else experiences their "gut feelings".

In my experience, almost everything I feel in my "gut" is negative--feelings of dread, worry, fear--all come from there.

In fact, I can't think of any feelings that would be considered "good" coming from there with the exception of anticipation---good anticipation, butterflies.

What do you all "feel" from your gut? Most of my good feelings come from the heart for me, sometimes head (crown, third eye).

What do you feel from the gut?

IsleWalker - Lora

sesheta
08-11-2011, 05:35 PM
I get many different sensations in both my stomach and my heart.
I do get the butterflies in the stomach if I'm excited or nervous, or I can get a feeling of heaviness in my gut if I'm sad or upset - like a lead ball in there!
The feelings from my heart are the same extremes - either feeling like it's being squeezed or crushed when I'm sad/distraught, or it can feel like it's swelling to the point of bursting when I feel intense love or joy! Or it will feel like it's "flip-flopping" when my boyfriend winks at me :)
Another sensation I've notice more and more this year is a "twisting" feeling at the very base of my spine, that actually makes me shudder! I haven't been able to pinpoint yet exactly what causes it, but I have noticed that I get it more when my boyfriend is stressed or upset, or there's really negative vibes around me from other people. Not sure if I'm just picking up their stress, or if it's just my system's way of alerting me to it so I can block it!

Miss Hepburn
08-11-2011, 05:39 PM
Gee, I think you are right!!!

It's the yukky feelings that usually come from my gut.
I mean the real butterlfies or sick feelings are there - the Vagus nerve donchaknow.
The mind/emotion gut connection is so, so real - scientifically!
:smile:

BlueSky
08-11-2011, 05:52 PM
Gee, I think you are right!!!

It's the yukky feelings that usually come from my gut.
I mean the real butterlfies or sick feelings are there - the Vagus nerve donchaknow.
The mind/emotion gut connection is so, so real - scentifically!

I guess I have never really considered this either but yes it does seem correct to say that Yukky stuff comes from the gut.

Silver
08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
It was probly a man who created that saying, about in reality it's coming from the heart, and the gut being neighbors to the heart, are more 'manly' sounding by saying it's from their guts, rofl.

IsleWalker
08-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Another sensation I've notice more and more this year is a "twisting" feeling at the very base of my spine, that actually makes me shudder! I haven't been able to pinpoint yet exactly what causes it, but I have noticed that I get it more when my boyfriend is stressed or upset, or there's really negative vibes around me from other people. Not sure if I'm just picking up their stress, or if it's just my system's way of alerting me to it so I can block it!

Interesting, Sesheta. Can you explain more about it? Is it in your back or from the back of the spine? I don't think I've experienced this.

Isle - Lora

IsleWalker
08-11-2011, 06:51 PM
It was probly a man who created that saying, about in reality it's coming from the heart, and the gut being neighbors to the heart, are more 'manly' sounding by saying it's from their guts, rofl.

Ya--it"s a guy thing. :wink:

IsleWalker
08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
I guess I have never really considered this either but yes it does seem correct to say that Yukky stuff comes from the gut.

Yeah and that doesn't seem right, somehow. Why would there be a yucky-only chakra. That's why I was pretty sure it must just be me. :D

Isle

BlueSky
08-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Yeah and that doesn't seem right, somehow. Why would there be a yucky-only chakra. That's why I was pretty sure it must just be me. :D

Isle

I associate the feeling with nervousness or fear. It probably is a physical thing that out bellies feel uneasy when we feel uneasy.

The guy thing is another subject. It is the expression that it is a gut feeling that is a guy thing. It has nothing to do with the real gut feeling being talked about here.........IMO anyways.................

Silver
08-11-2011, 07:10 PM

The guy thing is another subject. It is the expression that it is a gut feeling that is a guy thing. It has nothing to do with the real gut feeling being talked about here.........IMO anyways.................

Yah, just me kidding around ...:D

IsleWalker
08-11-2011, 07:11 PM
The mind/emotion gut connection is so, so real - scientifically!

Yes, I guess each chakra is dominated by the anatomy around it. But the sacrum has both the sex and anger and energy--all of them. And it seems like the next one up would be influenced at least by the sacrum too, like maybe butterflies with the sex urge? :D Maybe it's there but I just never noticed the "good" stuff.

According the wiki "80-90% of the nerve fibers in the vagus nerve are afferent (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afferent_nerves) (sensory) nerves communicating the state of the viscera to the brain." You would think that at least SOME of the states of viscera would be good!

It goes on to say:
The vagus nerve includes axons which emerge from or converge onto three nuclei of the medulla:

The Dorsal nucleus of vagus nerve (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dorsal_nucleus_of_vagus_nerve) - which sends parasympathetic output to the viscera esp intestines
The Nucleus ambiguus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nucleus_ambiguus) - which which sends parasympathetic output to the heart (slowing it down) and
The Solitary nucleus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solitary_nucleus) - which receives afferent taste information and primary afferents from visceral organsWhat kind of effect would taste information have on the gut? Preparing it to digest ahead of time? I don't get this one.

It controls the pharygeal muscles, which explain why your throat gets tight when scared, nervous, emotional.

And this is interesting (though not exactly relevant here):

Clinical trials are currently underway in Antwerp, Belgium using VNS for the treatment of tonal tinnitus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus) after a breakthrough study published in early 2011 by researchers at the University of Texas - Dallas showed successful tinnitus (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tinnitus) suppression in rats when tones were paired with brief pulses of stimulation of the vagus nerve. [3] (http://www.utdallas.edu/news/2011/1/13-8021_Findings-Show-Promise-in-Battle-Against-Tinnitus_article.html)

I know a lot of people on these forums suffer from what doctors call tinnitus. I've always felt like there is one condition caused by exposure to loud noises and another which may have to do with spiritual connection. I have nothing to back this up.

Anyway, interesting stuff. Usually the body (and chakras) make sense. Wonder what I'm missing here.

Isle - Lora

BlueSky
08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Yah, just me kidding around ...:D

lol...........that's a girl thing to poke fun at men.............lol

IsleWalker
08-11-2011, 07:55 PM

Touche! You're right, too! We REMODEL all the time. It's a nasty habit and especially shared by women. I didn't say it was right!:tongue:

Lora

BlueSky
08-11-2011, 07:57 PM
Touche! You're right, too! We REMODEL all the time. It's a nasty habit and especially shared by women. I didn't say it was right!:tongue:

Lora

lol It makes us feel loved..........lol:smile:

Silver
08-11-2011, 08:11 PM

Heeheeheee, everytime we think we can get away with it!:angel12:

BlueSky
08-11-2011, 08:16 PM
Heeheeheee, everytime we think we can get away with it!:angel12:

You underestimate the extreme male intelligence............lol :cool:

Silver
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
You underestimate the extreme male intelligence............lol :cool:

Yessir! Like Homer Simpson says...men are not that complicated (as he smashes a dinner plate on the side of his head)~
:D

BlueSky
08-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Yessir! Like Homer Simpson says...men are not that complicated (as he smashes a dinner plate on the side of his head)~
:D

Do you watch "Everybody loves Raymond"?
It is the funniest stereotype portrayal of men going on TV.
They are all repeats now but I still love watching them..........lol

Silver
08-11-2011, 08:36 PM
Do you watch "Everybody loves Raymond"?
It is the funniest stereotype portrayal of men going on TV.
They are all repeats now but I still love watching them..........lol

Yeah, I used to watch tv, now I don't but I do love ray romano and the show, his brother is freaking fantastic, also and the dad. omg. Oh they're all great!

p.s. I loved Tim Allen's show old show, too~

BlueSky
08-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I used to watch tv, now I don't but I do love ray romano and the show, his brother is freaking fantastic, also and the dad. omg. Oh they're all great!

p.s. I loved Tim Allen's show old show, too~

Arrrr Arrr Arrrrrrr! Love Tim Allen! i saw him as a stand up comic on TV before he had that show......hilarious!

IsleWalker
09-11-2011, 03:53 PM
So does anyone have an idea why we would have an energy center that predominantly brings negative feelings? This just seems wrong somehow!

Isle

Miss Hepburn
09-11-2011, 04:05 PM
So does anyone have an idea why we would have an energy center that predominantly brings negative feelings? This just seems wrong somehow!

Isle
Just as the blinking light on a dashboard is wrong?
Just as a fuel gauge on empty is wrong?
Just as nerves telling us we are burning our hand on the stove is wrong?

Sorry, just wanted to give another perspective.

I've been greatly influenced by the logic of Abraham-Hicks.

Ah, forgot - fear might seem like a terrible thing - a diff. perspective is also given in "The Gift of Fear" by Gaven DeBacker...and it certainly is...a gift...in the animal kingdom.

mattie
09-11-2011, 04:57 PM
The 3rd chakra processes many feelings associated w/ power, adrenalin, & sense of self. This chakra is located at the gut.

The 3rd chakra (solar plexus) governs various organs that deal w/ strong emotions such as the adrenals that produce adrenalin when we are threatened. The 3rd chakra, the power chakra ‘is the force that maintains your individual identity.‘
Donna Eden, ‘Energy Medicine’ pg. 152

The function of the 3rd chakra may well account for sensing this being the location of these negative feelings. This doesn’t mean the 3rd chakra is problematic though at all. It’s also a source of great strength. The real source of the negative feelings is us though. We (our basic life force of spirit/soul) choose all of our feelings by how we choose to orient our self. When we haven’t worked through our fears yet, we will feel fear here as our adrenaline responds to fear, but if we’ve forded through fears, the 3rd chakra is a source of personal power.

Summarized from multidimensions.com about 3rd chakra.
The 3rd chakra governs the mental portion of our consciousness, power, control, freedom, & our sense of self. It is the power we have over others & the power others have over us. Too much yin & one can feel powerless. Too much yang & one can be a bit aggressive. When we have expanded our consciousness, the 3rd chakra is a source of strength & personal power as we have a good self image, we’ve accepted responsibility for creating our own reality, power struggles w/ others are minimal, & we don’t feel victimized.

Pages more at multidimensions.com on 3rd chakra-
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%27third+chakra%27&btnG=Google+Search&domains=multidimensions.com&sitesearch=multidimensions.com

IsleWalker
09-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Mattie--

Well I do know that my 3rd chakra is under-powered, and I do know what that means. I just posted to see if other people experience it differently.

I'm trying to think: When I feel the positive part of self, I feel it in my chest, as in an uprightness.

Donna Eden's book has made me realize that my energy is "homolateral" right now--and stays that way often, probably from being sick for so long. The right side is trying to compensate for the left. And so I think that the zig-zag of energies through the middle chakras --isn't happening right.

I've just started visualizing the figure 8s around each of the chakras. I got interested in the Celtic weave because of this idea. I mean I actually want to make a wall hanging using the Celtic weave knotting form. I think it's very beautiful and I saw it in a dream too. [Here I go again!!!]

So, for people who actually feel their 3rd chakra as their power source of their identity--what does it feel like to you?

Isle- Lora

Mathew James
09-11-2011, 06:01 PM
...I feel in my "gut" is negative--feelings of dread, worry, fear--all come from there...

One of the best tools for understanding our fears is the "Enneagram". It explains how our fears shape our personality.

mj

IsleWalker
09-11-2011, 07:04 PM
One of the best tools for understanding our fears is the "Enneagram". It explains how our fears shape our personality.

mj

MJ--Is this a book? Who is the author?

Isle

moke64916
09-11-2011, 07:13 PM
I can totally relate to the original thread. Instead of feeling a negative feeling in my stomach, I feel it in my heart. I get truth, or tingly sensations in my stomach and heart chakras. I also get a tingly feeling on my head like the hairs are sticking up. It can be a warning or truth signal, so I pay no attention to that, for that it's caused distress in my past experience.

IsleWalker
09-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I can totally relate to the original thread. Instead of feeling a negative feeling in my stomach, I feel it in my heart. I get truth, or tingly sensations in my stomach and heart chakras. I also get a tingly feeling on my head like the hairs are sticking up. It can be a warning or truth signal, so I pay no attention to that, for that it's caused distress in my past experience.

Wait, Moke, I'm not sure I understand.

So you feel "negative" feelings in both stomach and heart? Are you defining "tingly" as negative?

In my mind, the tingly sensations of anticipation (in my gut--like before a speech or performance) are different than the tinglies in my crown. I don't know that I feel tinglies in my heart chakra. For me it's like a warmth or expansion feeling. Sometimes, I do feel a kind of heart yearning.

Am I understanding what you said?

Isle- Lora

moke64916
09-11-2011, 07:33 PM
Tingly feelings are positive not negative.

Neville
09-11-2011, 07:40 PM
There are things that I just know, a hunch, an intuition perhaps, It just appears. It's difficult to articulate, probably because I am attempting to suggest that I know some thngs wth no quantifiable way of sayng how or why that knowledge has been arrived at.but I get no anatomical sensations to correspond with this, in fact it feels lke a back ground default mechansm a lot of the time.

However, I don't entirely dismiss anatomical phenomena. On more than one occasion I have lost or had taken my personal valuables. When I lose something of personal value. I do get a real knot in the pit of my tummy.

When I am angry (on very rare occasions), I get a build up / tightening just above the naval and slightly below the diaphragm. And when I cry or am about to cry, my throat seems to tighten up, I guess thats quiet commom though because I have heard the expression "lump in the throat" regularly used.

Mathew James
09-11-2011, 09:10 PM
MJ--Is this a book? Who is the author?

there are several books and seminars, there is alot of info for it on the internet.

mj