PDA

View Full Version : Eager to make progress.

Koko_0191
02-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Hi,
I've heard about a lot of the strange and wonderful things I'm reading on here and I would love to be a part of it in practice. However, I don't know how. I'm interested in so much: divinity, totems, healing, astral projection, telepathy, clairvoyence, magic etc.. But I don't know the first thing about practicing any of these. It frustrates me that I'm not making any progress here.. I was wondering.. Can anyone help me, please?

Tammy
02-11-2011, 03:29 PM
Can i give you a tip, as i also felt the same way you do and i still get abit ahead of myself. In the begining, i was so eager to learn (which isnt a bad thing at all, so dont get me wrong) but from jumping from one topic/section to another, although interesting as it was, the more confused i got, it was like looking at a never ending puzzles, with one piece here and another one there........i got a little bit despondant, even emotional at times and very overwelmed.
until somebody told me, to rather concentrate on one thing first and learning more about it, before moving on to another.
I also hope that before you dabble in the unknown, that you learn to protect yourself first and foremost (i am still learning this, but btw, i dont purposefully dabble, lol) i think, that once you know how to protect and ground, you can then move on.
Medium Laura has a great website where you can learn things, Mattie can tell you about vetting, and Xan and John, also have good advice.
Also can i suggest that the first section/topic you look into is angels and guides, i found this a great starting point, and also if wanting to carry on further, you are going to need to know how to communicate and listen to your guides....and they might steer you in the correct direction.

Wishing you all the best of luck....i look forward to hearing of your experiences.
Also give yourself Time, and trust yourself.

~~~~TaMmY~~~~

I AM
02-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Pick one and start there. Start where you are.

The mastery of the universe of your being, learning to create your self.

What do you feel would be a good addition to what you are now?

I can not tell you anything in concrete terms because I don't know where you are, I can only know my own reality, and that is the most beautiful thing I could have ever imagined.

Koko_0191
02-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Hm.. Thank you, Tammy. I think you've totally hit the nail ont he head there. lol. I know about totems but are they the same thing as guides?
I have a problem with choosing oen thing and sticking to that because I want to know it all at once. Which is silly. Lol. It would definitely be more practical to follow your advice.

@I AM.. At first when I read your post I was thinking "I have no cuke where I am.." But then something popped into my mind out of nowhere. So, I'm gonna follow my instincts and say I think a good addition to what I am now would be to learn divination.

I kind of want to ask "What now?" but feel like it sounds naive.. However, I'll ask it anyway since I'm new.. What now? =P

Emmalevine
02-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Hi,
I've heard about a lot of the strange and wonderful things I'm reading on here and I would love to be a part of it in practice. However, I don't know how. I'm interested in so much: divinity, totems, healing, astral projection, telepathy, clairvoyence, magic etc.. But I don't know the first thing about practicing any of these. It frustrates me that I'm not making any progress here.. I was wondering.. Can anyone help me, please?

Maybe start with yourself. By that I mean looking at your inner world through mindful awareness of your thoughts and emotions (which then ties in with healing), then meditation which can open you to psychic ability and experiences with spirits, guides and totems. Dreams are also a good starting point as good examination of your dreams on waking can lead to more vivid and psychic dreams with deep symbolic messages. When I feel overwhelmed I don't focus on 'out there' rather I look within and see what feels right.

I would say that for me, the key to my development has been meditation. It really opens up spiritual growth dramatically -and I don't mean anything difficult, just literally sitting with yourself and watching any thoughts and emotions that emerge. Watching yourself means awareness, and awareness means everything.

Good luck!

Tammy
02-11-2011, 07:15 PM
Yes, Starbuck is right, if anything Meditation is prob the best place to start (i wouldnt know, as i dont meditate...haha i told you i dont dabble purposefully :-) )
and yes take a deeper look at your dreams aswell, you will know when a dream means something or not.

In regards to Totems, many people see Totems as guides and many people dont, i dont know though, as i have never come across mine, but i tend you lean towards: the totems, not being guides, but more like companions, and they are there to make you feel safe...but hey, that would be my opinion!

Topology
02-11-2011, 08:27 PM
I don't see totems, guides, spirits, or auras, but I have a highly developed intuition and can feel energy. We all have our latent talents waiting to be embraced and developed. While you are moping about not being as good as Janet, Sue is wishing she was as good as you. It all washes out in the end, we all start from zero and have something to share and teach each other. What matters more than a breadth of abilities is a depth of quality and wisdom. Become the best you that you can be and the world will open up and use you in the ways it needs you most.

PS. Always follow your in-spirit-ation, it will lead you where you need to go.

KoKo
11-11-2011, 04:56 PM
That sounds like good advice. =)