PDA

View Full Version : Tarot a gateway to the spirit world, comparison with Ouija boards?

Colhad75
30-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Watching a clip on Youtube and I find it very interesting. The video is about Ouija boards and the fact you need to know what you're doing. That is something that anyone with common sense would know. I definitely would not use a Ouija board to contact spirits.

Anyhow, this chap mentions that Tarot cards could have the same effect as Ouija boards, dowsing rods are also used by the spirits.

He mentions that anyone who is depressed should really refrain from using tarot cards as you could be inviting harmful spirits into your life. If I had have been using my tarot cards about 6-8 months ago I would possibly be in a spot of bother. However my depression these days is on the mend, I feel the worst of it is behind me.

I've had my cards for two weeks, minimal use really with acceptable results with readings I conducted here on the Spiritual Forums. I have yet to experience any spirit activity since I began using them.

This video explains the use of Ouija boards as well as tarot cards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUDcG2dc-h8&feature=related

ravenstar
30-10-2011, 02:15 PM
I have been using the tarot for over 15 years, and have never encountered an 'evil spirit'. And I couldn't even begin to compare it to the Ouija Board. :icon_eek:

As the "Book of Thoth" suggests, the cards are a respository of hidden knowledge. That knowledge is revealed from the way they relate to 'you'. Each image in a deck is part of a huge symbolic library designed to correpond to many levels and experiences of an individual. Each card could be seen or related to as being a 'window into the mind'.

Kaere
30-10-2011, 02:41 PM
To me, tarot cards are just cards with pretty pictures on them. It's the intuition of the reader that's at work imo. How they themselves interpret the cards and such.

Heptasteros
31-10-2011, 06:10 AM
As far as I am aware - and of course I use Tarot myself - Tarot has much more control in its execution than Ouija tends to. There is more of a ritual handling of Tarot - even if a casual one - by most who do it, even if it's just a simple clearing of energies or a soft prayer, or making sure certain energies and only certain energies go through the cards (sometimes the person being read might touch the cards briefly, otherwise the reader is the only person to handle the cards and might clear them each time, and so on), though of course everyone does it differently.

Ouija, in contrast, tends to be more open-ended. It's more often comprised of things like lighting candles and inviting spirits to come in and speak. You are leaving more open to chance, and taking a far more passive role as a whole.

Tarot DOES have the possibility of negative things happening - but just the process itself usually means you're safer overall, as it's usually a more controlled kind of divination. Ouija is far more likely, as most know, to cause problems. But yes...once in a blue moon something less than desirable can come through Tarot, definitely. It's not something to really worry about...I think just something to be aware of. :)

norseman
31-10-2011, 08:21 AM
I go with Kaere on this. Tarot is an instrument to act as a focus for your own intuition.

Lynn
31-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Hello

Its like any TOOL one uses it is not the item that is used be it cards, dolls, boards, penatrams ext ext it is the POWER and INTENTIONS set by the person using them. They hold in them the power....fo if one seeks the more negative side of one's energies that is what one is going to have come out.

I use Tarot and Oracle Cards at times to bring in messaged from Spirit to people...but I a am workign for thier higest and greatest good in doing so....and it is a physical TOOL that gives the person something "concrete" to see where I am getting the information from and how it does connect me to them.

Lynn

Jules
31-10-2011, 05:00 PM
Can I just make a mention, here in the UK when one is using any form of 'tool' to connect to spirit, once Spirit start to come through the sitter is to be informed and the 'tool' put down. It's forms part of the new fraudulent mediums act established a couple of years ago.

Erin
31-10-2011, 09:26 PM
To me, tarot cards are just cards with pretty pictures on them. It's the intuition of the reader that's at work imo. How they themselves interpret the cards and such.

I agree with this statement.

norseman
01-11-2011, 08:39 AM
I go with Kaere on this. Tarot is an instrument to act as a focus for your own intuition.

Would just like to add that intuition itself is rather special - a route into your subconscious. Or, if you wish, a decision-making tool based on the vaguest of clues, plotting a path through a whole host of possibilities. This is a very special skill of mankind and may have been partly responsible for our survival as a species. Another word for this is Instinct.

mattie
01-11-2011, 09:30 AM
However we connect w/ spirits there is no reason to fear this as we have the ability to vet them.

Vetting Nonphysical Entities- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=156097&posted=1#post156097

norseman
01-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Can I just make a mention, here in the UK when one is using any form of 'tool' to connect to spirit, once Spirit start to come through the sitter is to be informed and the 'tool' put down. It's forms part of the new fraudulent mediums act established a couple of years ago.

Ah Jules, problem then arises define "spirit". :hug2:

AngelicOrin
01-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Ah Jules, problem then arises define "spirit". :hug2:

I am not too sure about Jules, but I would define "spirit" to the higher spiritual beings, such as angels, gods, the Creator = it is more of a collective term than individual names of different spiritual beings.

Greyeyes
02-11-2011, 02:16 PM
Ouija boards are a tool for other spirits to use to communicate with us the living. It is like Forest Gumps box of cherries, you never know what you are going to get. You can bring in people who have gone into the light which is completely safe or you can bring in spirits that have never been in the light. I call these waywards and they still have ego attached. And once they connect to people in this world many do not want to let go. Then the real fun begins.
Tarot on the other hand is a tool that helps a person tap into their own knowledge. Our sub-conscious mind misses nothing and so it knows where each card is in the deck. It is like a tool or a short cut for people who can not tap into the knowing, yet. Tarot is a person getting knowledge from their higher self, threw their own sub-conscious mind and into this earth awareness. And with Tarot the only ego that you have to deal with is your own.
I have 0 Ouija boards and I also have about 3 Tarot decks. I have never had a spirit problem with the Tarot deck. If you are going to mess with spirit stuff it is a good idea to work on getting rid of your fears first. All of this is not right or wrong, it is just from my experience over the years.