PDA

View Full Version : What to make of it?

Jahirah
29-10-2011, 09:41 PM
When I was a teenager I experimented with three friends and a Ouiji board... I knew this was something that did not sit well with my mother but I was curious and fascinated by the potential outcome.
We sat down around 8:00 PM on a silent vinter night, with a fast-paced homemade ouiji board. We used a rather heavy glass, as we had no better alternative and we all cut out nails to prevent "cheating".
In the room with us was a brother to one of my friends - he insisted on watching the seance from a distance in order to show us how ridiculous we were. Obviously, he didn't "believe" - but before the seance was over he proved to be less resilient then he had made out to be.

This post is not as much about the phenominon itself, as it is about the participants willingness to believe and the reactions produced during the seance. My own personal experience was quite a shock, and with no propper knowledge about the practice of Ouiji boards I acted out of instinct hoping it would "close the board".

We started the seance by capturing a spirit - we did this by running the glass slowly through the air and setting it on to an empty spot on the board. Then we asked if there was a spirit present and the first 3 times we didn't seem to have any luck. The 4th time around we seemed to be in luck, and we started out with simple yes/no questions.
We seemed to have gotten in contact with a protector, an angel(?) - a woman who was watching over the girl whos house the seance took place at. I remember we asked her name - it was Christine, she was 300 years old and remained a protector of my friends family generation after generation. She came across gentle and talkative. One of the girls asked if Christine was able to make the brother lift of the table and float above its surface (for whatever reason). The brother instantly and stood up revealing his resilliance was less then boasted. Christine never answered, but after that she seemed to completly change character. At one point she threatened to kill all of us. She was very specific about how she would use the knives from the kitchen and stab us. At that point we were all getting abit uneasy but nobody knew how to end the seance. I pushed the glass to the nearest candle and used it to strangle the fire. Needless to say - I didnt sleep much that night :)

My question is how you should handle such statements made during Ouiji board seances. Some believe that you are truely speaking to another identity - some do not but how will you know? And whats the point?
When do you guys practice this and why?

charlotte_marie
30-10-2011, 11:32 AM
I don't think ouijii boards are a good idea.

For me they would invite in negative/mischievious spirits, because gentle kind spirits for me would seek those with a pyschic energy before this and have no need to communicate through it.

I'm not sure how you end when you use a ouiji board, the only thing I can say is that I have always refused to use them when my friends/ siblings have.

Lynn
31-10-2011, 04:44 PM
Hello

I have to agree I use many "tool" in the Spirit work that I do but I do not use a board. I do find that unless one is really really good in controlling one's own energies and able to handle the energies and intentions of those around one with the board they can be a negative too. Then really all tools can....its the intentions of the usere and the one's around the main user than can have the most profound effects.

If one wants pure communications with Spirit NO tools are really needed....one only needs that connection to one's own Higer Self and the protections and guidance of one's own personal Guides.

Lynn

Erin
31-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Be careful with boards. You don't know who is coming through even if they say they are your Great Aunt Sally. Entities that aren't from the light can lie and even stick around for a while. If you insist on using a board I suggest looking up ways to "cleanse" it.

Jahirah
31-10-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm not as much looking to use a board, as I am to hear from the rest of you how you go about it IF you practice the use of Ouiji boards.
Personally I would get a hold of a solid guide that educates on the means of - like you say, cleansing and getting rid of potential negative entities or presences.

On that note btw - do you believe that spirits/ghosts/entities/whatever-you-prefer-to-call-them would ever be conseeded enough to stick around for 8-10 years without letting itself/themselfs be known and then suddently cause a (negative and stressfull) upheavel in somebody? If yes, what would be the motive?

spirit72
01-11-2011, 12:05 AM
I use a board but a "LIGHT BOARD" you have to make it yourself, so your own energy has gone into it, and that of your protectors...
You do have to use a light glass one with a stem is best... and you bless the board with Frankincense, and also bless each person at the table with a small drop of frankincense in there palm... but the biggest thing is make sure you have a medium leading the board, so if anything dose go wrong they can close the board.
I always close with thanking the spirit, then we all join hands, and ground-out and go through protection before and after.... but on one occasion, I had spirit take over someone at the table, and it was hard work to bring things under control, but it is easy when you no how... not for the faint hearted:wink:

I have never herd of catching spirit in the glass, they normally use there energy and that of the sitters to move the glass. And sadly there is much darkness in the light, ready to teach those not knowing what there doing a lesson, your all very lucky you just got a scare...!:icon_eek:

I have had some wonderful experiences and information given, for the four of us the sit... we have had laughter, tears revaluations, and been totally amazed...it's a wonderful tool if you use it right, and a very scary one if you have not got a clue....:icon_frown:

Jahirah
01-11-2011, 04:17 AM
@Spirit72

A few questions, if you don't mind some curiosity :)

1) When you say a "light board" what does that term cover? Does it mean that you need to make it out of specific materials or is that a personal choice?
2) Blessing a board - why Frankincense?
3) I'm presuming the medium refers to the person asking the questions and generally leading the seance?

Erin
01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
I'm not as much looking to use a board, as I am to hear from the rest of you how you go about it IF you practice the use of Ouiji boards.
Personally I would get a hold of a solid guide that educates on the means of - like you say, cleansing and getting rid of potential negative entities or presences.

On that note btw - do you believe that spirits/ghosts/entities/whatever-you-prefer-to-call-them would ever be conseeded enough to stick around for 8-10 years without letting itself/themselfs be known and then suddently cause a (negative and stressfull) upheavel in somebody? If yes, what would be the motive?

I get the feeling that they don't feel time like we do and very well may have no idea that it has been 8-10 "years." Also, I believe that any spirit/ghost etc. that sticks around to be nasty is just confused and miserable. Oh, and I know someone who uses what she calls a "Native American Spirit Board." She is experimenting with it for the purpose of contacting people's deceased pets. I have no doubt that she takes proper precautions though.

Occultist
19-11-2011, 11:12 PM
Ouija Boards is nothing more then a Divination tool to help a person focus no real powers and does not being in evil. It is the person behind the tool to worry about they can open doors that needs a person to close. Divination tools are not bad just some people can use anything for a good purpose or a bad one same with divination.