PDA

View Full Version : The Adjustment Bureau

Adrienne
29-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Has anyone seen " The Adjustment Bureau " ? What did you think of it ?

Dream Angel xx

innerlight
29-10-2011, 02:10 PM
I have seen it and it is a fantastic movie.

Adrienne
29-10-2011, 02:12 PM
hi Inner, I agree with you :smile: . A little confusing at the beginning I thought.

Internal Queries
29-10-2011, 02:30 PM
i thought it was cute. i like the hat trick.

Deusdrum
30-10-2011, 03:14 AM
Yeah i liked it. Short and sweet, and i sort of predicted the ending, which was a good one.

ROM
30-10-2011, 03:59 AM
I really enjoyed this film. It took me a while to figure out what the heck was going on. It seemed to have alot of religious/spiritual connotations attached.

Adrienne
30-10-2011, 04:10 AM
me too ROM, on figuring out what was going on. I think this is one of those movies where it might be helpful to see it a second time.

Have you ever noticed when viewing a movie a second time, that there are things you missed out on the first time ?

Humm
30-10-2011, 09:22 AM
The Gig Guy up top - semi-magic underlings popping around through The Big-Guy's power - a magic book always marking the path - Getting a wish in the end by accepting and pleading with The Big Guy - Things not always being what they appear to be - It's a metaphor for Christianity.

I enjoyed it though. :smile:

whitelotus
30-10-2011, 09:26 AM
i liked it......:)

inspirit
06-11-2011, 10:16 PM
It was a ripoff of Matrix Reloaded. Except instead of wearing sunglasses, the agents wore hats. And it didn't have all the choreographed and CGI fighting scenes.

Basically it was a dumb movie. But not necessarily a bad choice of film to watch with a love interest, since it is a love story.

Adrienne
06-11-2011, 10:25 PM
It was a ripoff of Matrix Reloaded. Except instead of wearing sunglasses, the agents wore hats. And it didn't have all the choreographed and CGI fighting scenes.

Sounds like you liked the Matrix movie, that was one I found totally confusing ! I liked the Adjustment Bureau much better :smile:

Mountain-Goat
26-11-2011, 05:00 AM
Just finished watching it.

First off...Emily Blunt...saw her for the first time in Jane Austin's Book Club.
Was enchanted by her physical beauty and as seen in her eyes, her inner beauty.
She is a delight to behold...melts my heart fer sure. And in this movie...the best legs since Madeline Stowe.

I cried many times thru this movie.
I have a rather large soft spot for love.
Not only was the love between the two main characters beautiful, but also the concept of it, the larger picture of it's importance for humanity.

~smiles~ I'm gunna have to disagree with your conclusion Humm.
It didn't appear to me as a metaphor for christianity.
And yes, a conclusion comes from what one sees in a thing.

To me the main point of the movie was love and it's potential of being a foundational motive\force for people's lives.
Most religions speak of love and fate and destiny etc.

Hey, you know what I have just been reminded of while writing this post.
Something Joseph Campbell said in one of the myth docos.
Paraphrased: He said, in reference to Star Wars, that it's the telling of a modern myth, or a modernized retelling of an ancient myth.
The Adjustment Bureau is a retelling of love, just like the ancient mythical stories of old.

Humm
26-11-2011, 04:09 PM
Perhaps I should watch it again. :smile:

Squatchit
26-11-2011, 04:57 PM
A friend was telling me I would love this film just today....:smile:

Adrienne
26-11-2011, 05:17 PM
A friend was telling me I would love this film just today....:smile:

I think you will, the combination of romance and suspense ! Very good !

I think I want to watch it again, keeping AC's commentary in mind

Mountain-Goat
27-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Perhaps I should watch it again. :smile:
~smiles`I demand you keep watching till you agree with my perception of reality.

Here is one of my all time fav pics of the pysche of humans.

Ah...you'll have to wait till I get to the net cafe.
I have recently acquired dialup at home, not your average dialup...no..in tazzie they have their own special kind of dialup.

It takes me 40-50 seconds for the very sparce google search page to load, So here's me trying to access my fotobucket page with a dozen pics on it...it simply will not load.

I will post pic later.

EDIT: Here is the pic (http://s600.photobucket.com/albums/tt83/knowmad/fotos/?action=view&current=internetimportance.jpg)

Mountain-Goat
27-11-2011, 08:40 PM
Rom sees religious/spiritual connotations attached.
Internal Queries liked the hat concept.
Humm saw a few things but mainly references to the biblical god.
inspirit saw a love story but saw more of matrix 2 while watching it, the act of comparison.

They (the people who say these things) say we (humans) only see what we want to see or have been conditioned by experiences to see.
"I'll believe it when i see it" and " I believe it so I\I'll see it"

But then if we only see what we believe or want to see or expect to see, how does one see\learn\acquire anything new.

Everyone spoke of what they saw, it may not be everythng they saw, but for intended purposes let's say that's all we saw.
Have you ever noticed when viewing a movie a second time, that there are things you missed out on the first time ? And I agree with this observation.
I usually watch movies i like anywhere between 5 and 30? times (i do not know the exact number but it's a lot.)
Each time I watch I intuitively look for other things.

I'm not sure if intuitive is the correct word.
It's a unique observing experience of the blend of consciously choosing to focus on different elements of the movie but while doing so I am not aware I am forcefully\willfully doing so.

Sort of like before the movie begins, I am conscious I have chosen to look for\at other things.
The decision has been made, the program has been set, it now runs in the background and I simply watch the movie like i always do but hey presto, I begin to see things I did not previously.

The range of sight has been altered 'cus now I am seeing things I previously did not.
This is related to builtin filters, biases of one's perception

~laughs~ yeah what a long rant just because of a movie, but this is what i am seeing as I interact with you in this thread.

The builtin filters and biases based on beliefs and ideas etc, is "we only see what we want to see."
But if I change by removing filters and biases I will see what I could previously not.

When I said I disagree with Humm's perception I think there is this builtin subclause that states that disagreement automatically means one is right and the other is wrong.

In this context of each person's personal evaluation of a movie, there is no right and wrong.
There is one view from over here (me) and one view from over there (Humm)
No right or wrong evaluations, just two unique views.
There can still be disagreement, as in, I don't see what you see.
But watch people when you disagree with them, there is this automatic response that someone thinks someone is right and someone is wrong.
Or observe yourself when someone disagrees with you, can you see the subtle rising of defense of your evaluation\idea\belief.

I saw the religious references, matrix reloaded, ( i too liked the hat concept),the issues about destiny v free will, chance, fate, the inner conflict between being acceptable to others V following your heart, the fight to control one's own destiny within the context of a world where one does not have absolute control, of unknown forces directing one's journey.
There is so much in this movie, so many concepts that make up, or are a part of a person's existance.

But for me, Love came to the fore as being the ocean that all this was being played out in.

!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!
Even the head guy, "god", the guy who has total control, changed the plan because of the love of the two main characters.
But there is a scene or two that informs that the head guy actually does not have total control.
Hey, come to think of it, the whole movie is about "god" does not have total control.

Which logically brings me right back to love being the main thing.
And that no one is in complete control and by the power of love, by being energized and inspired by love, control is not the issue.
The issue is living with love as your foundation within a chaotic and unpredictable reality.

When the manure hits the fan, respond in love.
Will manure ever stop hitting fans? I do not know the future, but I know how to respond in love.

Humm
27-11-2011, 09:31 PM
Great post AC. :smile:

Mountain-Goat
27-11-2011, 11:08 PM
why thankyou kind sir..and I've added the pic now.
I'm at the cafe downloading docos and ambient and trance music.

Humm
27-11-2011, 11:45 PM
HA! Good one. :smile:

I posted an OLD poem:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?p=393230#post393230

Now you know why I never post poetry. :D

Mountain-Goat
28-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Alas, I still don't get poetry.
I read it and reread it, I get some of the images but it frustratingly eludes me.
I get the meaning of words but the sentences...the downside of a literalistic mind I suppose.
Weird considering my love for language and the music and flow of it.

When I was reading it, all i could glimpse was the picture you painted was too vast for me to take in.
Some of the imagry evoked large scenes so that why i firure i could get the whole thing, it was too big for me to see.
Which, and I know nothing of poetry, is this a good thing, to invoke vastness?
Ah...i felt overwhelmed in some way.
Ohh...it's scope scared me.

Gee thanks Humm, now i need therapy again.

Humm
28-11-2011, 12:45 PM
You're killing me AC - and I think I'm detecting a little vastness from your direction too! :wink: :D

Mountain-Goat
29-11-2011, 10:01 AM
~giggles~ <--- yes, I'm comfortable with my feminine energy. Now you can see why I need therapy.
How can I have a vastness, but I couldn't get into the poem 'cus it was vast, or that it scared me.
Yes, deep thinking eludes to a level or experience of vastness/depth.

Squatchit
30-11-2011, 07:55 PM
Having literally just watched it, it's up there with the best (ime).

No guns, no car chases, no violence. Perfect.

Mountain-Goat
30-11-2011, 08:29 PM
Having literally just watched it, it's up there with the best (ime).

No guns, no car chases, no violence. Perfect.

If you know of the line, "You had me at hello" from Jerry Maguire..
The Adjustment Bureau had me at the scene where the two main characters first met in the men's bathroom.

Mountain-Goat
01-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Just saw this today.

The movie is called The Adjustment Bureau.
The big cheeze, whom is never revealed, adjusts the whole plan of existance( the world) because of the love of two people.
So what is the power that adjusts life? Love.
How does one adjust(change) one's own life, or why does one adjust(change) one's life? Love

Sarian
01-12-2011, 08:40 PM
It reminded me of a relationship I'm in now... I wasn't expecting it to be that way, so was taken off guard. I was intrigued. The funny thing as much as I felt I could so relate to the movie, some parts ruined it, the outlandish parts...I wish they left those out, it ruined it for me. I got a chuckle as well because I work for an 'Adjustment' company and people often put Adjustment Bureau on their envelopes, faxes and emails and some call and say is this the adjustment bureau? lol

Squatchit
01-12-2011, 08:47 PM
If you know of the line, "You had me at hello" from Jerry Maguire..
The Adjustment Bureau had me at the scene where the two main characters first met in the men's bathroom.

I watched it for the second time tonight.

The bathroom scene reminded me so much of the bathroom scene in 'Devil's Advocate'. Mainly of the fact that the scene makes such a difference...

...and later on I'm convinced they used the same building in The Adjustment Bureau that they used in Vanilla Sky when David is calling for Tech Support. I even saw the lift (elevator) in the background.

Mountain-Goat
02-12-2011, 10:26 AM
It reminded me of a relationship I'm in now... I wasn't expecting it to be that way, so was taken off guard. I was intrigued. The funny thing as much as I felt I could so relate to the movie, some parts ruined it, the outlandish parts...I wish they left those out, it ruined it for me. I got a chuckle as well because I work for an 'Adjustment' company and people often put Adjustment Bureau on their envelopes, faxes and emails and some call and say is this the adjustment bureau? lolIf you will Sarian, I'm interested in what parts ruined it for you.
And i understand what you mean, I have movies i rate as perfect, and some i rate as favs, but i will FF the bits that I simply don't like, after i've seen it X number of times.

Mountain-Goat
02-12-2011, 10:31 AM
I watched it for the second time tonight.

The bathroom scene reminded me so much of the bathroom scene in 'Devil's Advocate'. Mainly of the fact that the scene makes such a difference...

...and later on I'm convinced they used the same building in The Adjustment Bureau that they used in Vanilla Sky when David is calling for Tech Support. I even saw the lift (elevator) in the background.
Devil's Advocate is Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino?
Haven't seen it yet but this is the one you refer to?
Though not a fan of Tom Cruise, Jerry Maguire(fav) and Vanilla Sky(like muchly).

re: similar buildings. I've watched a number of "making ofs" of movies and many rave about New York being a fav for shooting in.

Squatchit
02-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Devil's Advocate is Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino?
Haven't seen it yet but this is the one you refer to?
Yep. I wouldn't ordinarily class it as 'my type' of film...lawyers, business and money...but I loved it. I rarely watch films more than once - this one I've watched at least three times. It's worth a second viewing if you enjoy it first time. :smile:

Though not a fan of Tom Cruise, Jerry Maguire(fav) and Vanilla Sky(like muchly).
It's funny (strange) because I never see Tom Cruise as Tom Cruise (or any other actor for that matter). I see the character they play, rather than the actor behind. For instance, in Vanilla Sky there is no Tom Cruise. It's David Aames.

I've always been like this and think it might be rather unusual (I thought it was normal - ha!). It's probably about the ease with which I 'escape' into imagination. I always had my nose in a book when I was little and so learned from an early age to bring characters to life. That naturally followed into films and the character was the focus - not the actor.

I've not seen Jerry Maguire, but have watched Vanilla Sky...oh...dozens of times. :D

re: similar buildings. I've watched a number of "making ofs" of movies and many rave about New York being a fav for shooting in.
That makes sense. And because I've seen Vanilla Sky numerous times, I easily recognised the building.

Sarian
02-12-2011, 04:23 PM
If you will Sarian, I'm interested in what parts ruined it for you.
And i understand what you mean, I have movies i rate as perfect, and some i rate as favs, but i will FF the bits that I simply don't like, after i've seen it X number of times.
Hi AC, I probably need to watch it again, it's been awhile...but weren't there scenes when you are in one place and open a door and you are in an entirely different place? I think I would have liked it better had it kept it more real and i say that for me because of the situation I am currently in. the movie could have really blown my mind because of a person in my life and how it all came to be, and the obstacles in our ways, but when it went to fantasy with the changing of rooms, from real to not real, or in a building, stepping into somewhere outside, not like just walking out of your front door. You know what I mean? Otherwise, I could have really enjoyed it and related to it so much more.

Now Devil's Advocate was mentioned and I love that movie and in some perverse ways I can relate to that movie as well because of some frightening incidents in my life...that the woman in the movie dealt with Charlene ? Charleth? I can't recall her name. Yes, it had Keanu (be still my heart) Reeves in it and Al Pacino. I have that movie on DVD, now I am in the mood to watching that again.

Squatchit
02-12-2011, 04:45 PM
Now Devil's Advocate was mentioned and I love that movie...I have that movie on DVD, now I am in the mood to watching that again.
Hiya Sarian

You've made me want to watch it again too! :smile:

In fact, I have it right here so I'm going to pop it in the laptop and escape into another world for an hour or two.

The name of the actress who plays his wife is Charlize Theron (Mary Ann in character) - I'm not a film buff, I just Wiki'd it! :D

I'm sorry to hear of the frightening incidents you went through - the ones in the film were pretty horrendous for her. :icon_frown: :hug:

Squatchit
02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
In fact, I have it right here so I'm going to pop it in the laptop and escape into another world for an hour or two.

Woop. My fourth watch. Love it. There are so many layers.

"Vanity. Definitely my favourite sin."

Mountain-Goat
02-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Hi AC, I probably need to watch it again, it's been awhile...but weren't there scenes when you are in one place and open a door and you are in an entirely different place? I think I would have liked it better had it kept it more real and i say that for me because of the situation I am currently in. the movie could have really blown my mind because of a person in my life and how it all came to be, and the obstacles in our ways, but when it went to fantasy with the changing of rooms, from real to not real, or in a building, stepping into somewhere outside, not like just walking out of your front door. You know what I mean? Otherwise, I could have really enjoyed it and related to it so much more.
I understand what you mean though because I have not your experiences you mentioned I cannot fully.

As you know the doors had to be in because of plot ect.
The Bureau workers are angels and angels have to be able to do things humans couldn't, otherwise there would be no story of Damen's character trying to outhwart them or of his frustration, anger, indignation of their constant oneupmanship over his life, or of his internal transformation throughout the movie.

The doors offer the viewer a glimpse of how reality appears to be one step ahead of oneself (fate)and oneself then uses the same ability to determine their own fate, their destiny.
All that is done visually with the "majik doors"
It's also gives the viewer a visual example of the power the angels have above humans in order for them to maintain "the plan".

Take away the door sequences and there is still the knowledge that angels have more power.
But the visuals are to show it to the viewer.

Are you able to simply remove your annoyance of the parts you don't like and cherise the parts you do?

Now Devil's Advocate was mentioned and I love that movie and in some perverse ways I can relate to that movie as well because of some frightening incidents in my life...that the woman in the movie dealt with Charlene ? Charleth? I can't recall her name. Yes, it had Keanu (be still my heart) Reeves in it and Al Pacino. I have that movie on DVD, now I am in the mood to watching that again.
He is quite handsome. I like his minimalism, his calm exterior, yet through his eyes I see an intense energy.

And Pacino, though i have only seen him a couple of times, is one of my fav actors.

Mountain-Goat
02-12-2011, 08:07 PM
Yep. I wouldn't ordinarily class it as 'my type' of film...lawyers, business and money...but I loved it. I rarely watch films more than once - this one I've watched at least three times. It's worth a second viewing if you enjoy it first time. :smile:
I 'm gunna keep an eye out for when at the DVD shop on my visits to town.

It's funny (strange) because I never see Tom Cruise as Tom Cruise (or any other actor for that matter). I see the character they play, rather than the actor behind. For instance, in Vanilla Sky there is no Tom Cruise. It's David Aames.

I've always been like this and think it might be rather unusual (I thought it was normal - ha!). It's probably about the ease with which I 'escape' into imagination. I always had my nose in a book when I was little and so learned from an early age to bring characters to life. That naturally followed into films and the character was the focus - not the actor.
I get what you mean.
Oh, it's normal, what you have described, there are just different levels of "escapeing" into one's imagination.

I get right into the experience, some movies I'm exhausted afterward.
I just personally either do not like Cruise's acting stye, or the characters he played.
There's just something about his that i do not rez with.
I like(rez with) him(his performance) in vanilla sky, Jerry Maguire and Eyes wide shut.
But the others I have seen, i just cringe, like War of the worlds, though a movie like, Minority Report, it fluctuates between cringe and like.
I cringed so much in WotW that I could only watch 20 mins of it.

Mission impossible, like, MI2, no.

I've not seen Jerry Maguire, but have watched Vanilla Sky...oh...dozens of times. :D
I watched Sleepless in Seatle because the reviews class it as the penultimate love story.

I class Jerry Maguire and City of Angels miles above it.

And I have noticed something about love story movies..they are journey movies.
A person's inner transformative journey toward love.

And Adjustment Bureau is a thoughtfully wonderous example of the genre.

That makes sense. And because I've seen Vanilla Sky numerous times, I easily recognised the building.
Keeping an eye out for VS now too.

Mountain-Goat
02-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Woop. My fourth watch. Love it. There are so many layers.

"Vanity. Definitely my favourite sin."
One reason I deeply enjoy the movie experience... they are explorations into the human psyche.

When I experience a movie, i also experience myself.
There is a connection, a merging of me and my environment.
Movies aren't real, they are merely fantasies? Not from my perspective.

Sarian
06-12-2011, 11:49 PM
I understand what you mean though because I have not your experiences you mentioned I cannot fully.

As you know the doors had to be in because of plot ect.
The Bureau workers are angels and angels have to be able to do things humans couldn't, otherwise there would be no story of Damen's character trying to outhwart them or of his frustration, anger, indignation of their constant oneupmanship over his life, or of his internal transformation throughout the movie.

The doors offer the viewer a glimpse of how reality appears to be one step ahead of oneself (fate)and oneself then uses the same ability to determine their own fate, their destiny.
All that is done visually with the "majik doors"
It's also gives the viewer a visual example of the power the angels have above humans in order for them to maintain "the plan".

Take away the door sequences and there is still the knowledge that angels have more power.
But the visuals are to show it to the viewer.

Are you able to simply remove your annoyance of the parts you don't like and cherise the parts you do?

He is quite handsome. I like his minimalism, his calm exterior, yet through his eyes I see an intense energy.

And Pacino, though i have only seen him a couple of times, is one of my fav actors.
Hi AC, oh, yes, I can take away the annoying parts for me. I think it was mostly because I was expecting the movie to be something totally different than it was and the person I saw it with was making comments and I think those interferred with my getting into it more than I could have... After reading your comments and others, I really would like to watch it again. I think I would get more out of it and I truly appreciate your narrative about it. Makes me think more and see the movie in a better light. Thank you!

Sarian
06-12-2011, 11:51 PM
Hiya Sarian

You've made me want to watch it again too! :smile:

The name of the actress who plays his wife is Charlize Theron (Mary Ann in character) - I'm not a film buff, I just Wiki'd it! :D

I'm sorry to hear of the frightening incidents you went through - the ones in the film were pretty horrendous for her. :icon_frown: :hug:
I'm going to have to dig out my dvd of it!

Yeah, I had a rather bizarre life and still do to some extent. lol Glayd you enjoyed your 4th viewing!!

Mountain-Goat
07-12-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi AC, oh, yes, I can take away the annoying parts for me. I think it was mostly because I was expecting the movie to be something totally different than it was and the person I saw it with was making comments and I think those interferred with my getting into it more than I could have... After reading your comments and others, I really would like to watch it again. I think I would get more out of it and I truly appreciate your narrative about it. Makes me think more and see the movie in a better light. Thank you!
I like your ability to look within yourself and discover\acknowledge\reazile\etc what the specific issues are.
This is part of the process of transformation\change\healing.

~smiles~I never go to the theatre when a movie first comes out.
I go when there's only a few people watching, and on the rare ocasions I go with friends or family, they know and respectfully do not talk during the movie.

And the old trouble maker, Expectations.
I have learnt to stop my dawta from sharing her review of a movie she is dying to share because she knows I will like to go see it.
Her indepth and emotion invoking description of the movie is so strong that when I acually go watch it, I am disappionted because it didn't match her brilliant review.

I expected it to be lke she described, but it wasn't.
I couldn't get into the movie because I was into her description while watching the actual movie.
The expectation remainded locked in and I couldn't experience the movie.
My dawta, one I explained my dilemma, now simply excitedly smiles and tells me to go watch it.
And then we can chat for hours about it afterwards.

Expectations are good for motivation, to energize a person to go, to achieve a desired goal, hopes, dreams, etc.
But they have to be discarded once in the experience because the experience is the reality, not the desired goal.
Detach from the motivating expectation and attach to the actual experience.

I noticed this dramatically with Avatar. I was so blown away by the 3D experience that i was missing the movie.
I was focused on the 3D experience, and it was stopping me from immersing myself into Pandora.

Once I switched over, Pandora just became so much more real and beautiful.

Sarian
08-12-2011, 02:16 PM
Oh yes, I can certainly relate to when someone raves on and on about a movie and then when you get to see it, it's totally disappointing. I have found this over and over because my expectations were now so grand of the movie... so now when a person starts telling me how great it is, I don't go with high hopes of seeing a fantastic movie.

I loved Avatar, I liked the 3D okay, but I've never been big on 3D movies as there is distortion too much for my viewing, but I was taken aback by various phrases said during the movie that resonated with things going on in my life and things that I have said...

Ah, the boss is in so I must stop chatting away on my computer...darn it.

Mountain-Goat
11-12-2011, 08:34 AM
I cried numerous times watching Avatar.

The little jellyfish looking seed pods when they gently landed all over Jake, was the first.

sam197
28-08-2012, 08:53 PM
I thought it was a great film, especially after being in a relationship where nothing came easy. It makes you think...

kislany
29-08-2012, 12:20 PM
I saw it recently and while it was a cute film, I didn't find it so very special. Now Inception on the other hand...

sesheta
29-08-2012, 06:15 PM
The Adjustment Bureau is one I finally got to see recently, and have since purchased it - now ranked as one of my all time fave movies :)

And yes, same for me - it resonated with me in regards to my own current relationship....and I'm always a sucker for a happy ending :smile:

But I loved the concept of fate/destiny, and that, in the end, a strong enough love can truly overcome anything....

Mountain-Goat
29-08-2012, 09:13 PM
I saw it recently and while it was a cute film, I didn't find it so very special. Now Inception on the other hand...
Inception:
Take out the beginning 30 minute instructional video of what an inception is,
remove all the scenes related to the industrial espionage, which had nothing to do with the actual story, and i might watch it again.
Though i'll find it hard ot find the time while watching The Adjustment Bureau for the umpteenth time.

For starters, Inception, though it has the amazing Ellen page in it,
though, like the other great actors in it, lost in the mess the movie was,
The Adjustment Bureau has the amazing and beautiful Emily Blunt, with those legs, smile and eyes.

kislany
30-08-2012, 06:41 AM
Just a bit OT, but since I started mentioning Inception - I think why it really stuck on my mind was that around the time I watched it I was heavily into astral projection and lucid dreaming. That was actually the reason I watch the movie in the first place and while, of course, the movie is a Hollywood production (need I say more?), there were aspects of it that just made sense and resonated with me very strongly.

I guess in a way some thing we watch vibrates more or less with the place we're in at the time. Inception - lucid dreaming. TAbureau - different worlds opening through different doors, fate, destiny, etc. Having said that I will watch TAB again with fresh eyes after having read this entire thread.

Mountain-Goat
02-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Just a bit OT, but since I started mentioning Inception - I think why it really stuck on my mind was that around the time I watched it I was heavily into astral projection and lucid dreaming. That was actually the reason I watch the movie in the first place and
I like your ability to self observe to reach this insight.
And it makes sense, the connection between your feelings of the movie and your real life experiences.
while, of course, the movie is a Hollywood production (need I say more?),
Well, Hollywood is not a conscious entity.
Hollywood is the term used to describe many of creative individuals.
Sometimes, acording to personal preference, "Hollywood" makes a good movie, sometimes bad.
I watch a lot of indie movies, and even there, some i like and some i do not.
Granted, maybe, and i say maybe because i have never run the numbers, but maybe "Hollywood" produces more bad than good.
I have about 150 DVDs on shelf at the moment, maybe 100 more in DVD folders.
I quick glance and 50% of them are "Hollywood" films.

there were aspects of it that just made sense and resonated with me very strongly.
In accordance with your insight you discovered about yourself, i can see why.
Each person is having a unique experience, a unique perception of the world, each having personal preferences...movies are just one example of one person liking it and another not.

I guess in a way some thing we watch vibrates more or less with the place we're in at the time.Inception - lucid dreaming. TAbureau - different worlds opening through different doors, fate, destiny, etc.
~smiles~ Agreed.
Having said that I will watch TAB again with fresh eyes after having read this entire thread.
if you read the entire thread, if you haven't already, most people had unique interpetations of what TAB was saying.
One of the many remarkable things about being a human is the ability to see the same with fresh eyes, the miracle of seeing something new in something already seen.