PDA

View Full Version : I Nearly Drowned When I Was Seven

Simontology
28-10-2011, 12:57 PM
I was seven years old an in Germany and I was invited in to a swimming pool I remember in a water park and it was very deep and I couldn't swim, I was told to hang on to the persons back so I wouldn't sink.

I let go by accident and I went under. I felt no struggle for breath and no need to get back up to the surface, instead I saw my body from outside of it floating down beneath me, I could still think, infact my thoughts I think I remember were "What is that?"

The next thing I remember is that I was at the surface, my mothers friend saved me.
I remember the water beneath the surface clearly as if I would had I seen it with my living eyes.

This was different though, from a dream because I didn't feel asleep or my movements restricted as if I were inside a sleeping body.

Native spirit
28-10-2011, 01:54 PM
:smile: Hi simontology,

Are you asking if it was a near death experience? or are u saying this happened so u suffered a nde,

Namaste

Simontology
28-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Just wanted to tell someone really. Might bring people to not fear death so much which would be pretty cool.

There's also this site that I learned a lot about near death experiences from
near-death.com

OutWest
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
My Aunt had a NDE and described the experience in almost the same way you have.

She was giving birth and lost too much blood. The doctors "lost" her for 3 minutes and 45 seconds before she "came back". This was in the 60's and she had not ever heard stories about people who saw lights or tunnels or hovered above their bodies and it was something that she struggled with.

She told the family that she passed out in the delivery room but when she woke up, she saw herself on the bed and realized that she was looking "down" at the room. She described the panic of the doctor and nurses and was trying to yell at them "where is my baby" but they couldn't hear her. She said that she was just watching them for a bit, and that there was a bright "cone" sucking her backwards- then saw my cousin (baby) at the other part of the room. As soon as she saw the baby, she felt an instant cold come over her body and sharp pain in her abdomen as well as a "roller coaster" feeling, she said that she was screaming in pain at that point but could see her own face making no movement on the bed. Then she woke up in the recovery room.

When she heard that she basically died and that they were about to pronounce her, she started crying and said "it was so warm and happy", closed her eyes and slept for several hours. We think that the returning part was pretty traumatic for her- keep reading.

The second time she woke, she didn't remember any of it. She committed suicide 30 years later, to the day- my cousin's bday-:confused: :icon_frown: by cutting her wrists. She was a somewhat happy housewife, but on the day she killed herself, she got up from the living room (where my cousins, their kids and my grandmother were eating bday cake) and walked to the kitchen because she said she was "tired of the cold". After a few minutes, they started talking about what a weird statement that was and then heard something drop to the kitchen floor. She had grabbed a knife from the butcher block and stood at the sink while cutting her wrists. She cut deep and methodically.

They called 911 and she died in the ambulance. As everyone was freaking out and trying to stop her bleeding, she just kept telling them to stop and that she was just "leaving the cold". It was weird, but even more strange is that she didn't ever talk about her NDE for those 30 years and seemed to have a normal, happy life.

She just felt very good about whatever she saw or heard on the other side. :angel5:

IsleWalker
10-11-2011, 12:18 AM
Outwest--

So how does your family make sense of this? Do they think she bargained for 30 more years and then said, 'OK-I'm ready to go now?" How can you make sense of this when you don't seem to imply there was any unhappiness with her when she committed suicide? Seems very strange.

IsleWalker - Lora

P.S. Nevermind--I guess you all decided the return was so traumatic, huh?

OutWest
10-11-2011, 02:49 AM
IsleWalker- I don't think that any of my family members have fully been able to make sense of it. I think we have just all tried to find a reason, and the "traumatizing" rationale seems the easiest to swallow. It has been about 5 years since her death and we still seek answers. Her NDE happened before I was born, so I don't know what she was like prior to the birth of my cousin. What I remember of her was a content woman who was a bit like a "robot". Not really Stepford Wife robot, but hollow. I moved away from them all about 15 years ago, so I'm not really sure how "happy" she really was, but it's the impression that everyone else had, with a few exceptions- my mother was worried about her lack of expression and felt as though she was forcing her smiles. I guess I probably should have written that her suicide was a shock to everyone because she didn't give the "typical" signs that she was unhappy and her timing was just bizarre. I think she may have had developed some form of depression and maybe her rememberance of that "warm" feeling that she claimed to have was her only reprieve.

Maybe my cousin's birthday triggered some kind of repressed emotions about the experience?

IsleWalker
10-11-2011, 03:05 PM
OutWest--

That is really a mind-blower. Hard to comprehend. And certainly not what my impression of the "purpose" of NDEs--where you chose to return because you realize it's not yet time. Most people are relieved by the knowledge. Of course the coming back is always a shock.

Maybe you'll get some communication from her someday. This is the kind of thing that if I ask guides for repeatedly and try to be clear about what I want, I usually get some sort of dream that explains a little.

Good luck to your family, especially your cousin. Hard to comprehend how he must feel--especially on his birthday every year.

IsleWalker - Lora

Aquatic_Dragon
10-11-2011, 04:39 PM
I saw someone drown once, it was horrible to see, the body went all rag doll like in the water, the boy was fine afterwards though.

I felt like asking him if he remembered or experienced anything when he drowned but I thought better not because he was in a bad state afterwards.

Boldylocks
27-11-2011, 07:49 PM
From reading testimonies of others who had NDE's, I hear alot of how many of these people become extreemly depressed after being revived. Your aunt probably clearly felt the difference between the sense of warmth , love and light she felt out of her body --with God around her, and what she perceived as this cruel cold dark World she had to return to. I think she was probably very depressed since that time up until her suicide. She never told anyone or shared her feelings with anyone- that is so sad, because I think she really NEEDED to, but some people are so private that they carry that burden by themselves.

Simontology
02-12-2011, 08:46 PM
Sorry to hear about your Aunt. At least you can know that she is alright where she is right now. I've read that suicides go to heaven just like everyone else, god or the universe or source is friendly and loving and cares deeply for all of us.

I've been looking in to NDEs lately and normally the people who come back can go through times of depression, or seeing everything they experience alive from then on as an illusion.

I now count myself lucky that I didn't have the full drawn in to the light experience and felt the unconditional love, if I had experienced it I wouldn't have put up with the amount of traumas that I suffered growing up and would have just killed myself.
Fortunately the universe brought me to learn about NDEs once I was out of such a dark time.

DebbyM
03-03-2012, 11:53 PM
OutWest--

That is really a mind-blower. Hard to comprehend. And certainly not what my impression of the "purpose" of NDEs--where you chose to return because you realize it's not yet time. Most people are relieved by the knowledge. Of course the coming back is always a shock.

I don't think it is always the experiencer's choice. Sometimes they do get sent back and when that happens invariably that person wants to stay where it is so good.

Racer X
04-03-2012, 03:31 AM
I was seven years old an in Germany and I was invited in to a swimming pool I remember in a water park and it was very deep and I couldn't swim, I was told to hang on to the persons back so I wouldn't sink.

I let go by accident and I went under. I felt no struggle for breath and no need to get back up to the surface, instead I saw my body from outside of it floating down beneath me, I could still think, infact my thoughts I think I remember were "What is that?"

The next thing I remember is that I was at the surface, my mothers friend saved me.
I remember the water beneath the surface clearly as if I would had I seen it with my living eyes.

This was different though, from a dream because I didn't feel asleep or my movements restricted as if I were inside a sleeping body.

You experienced a separation of your "Etheric Double" , which is a higher vibrational ...... well. ..... your Spirit so too speak, though it does not need form. It holds that form for a time as it is connected to the life of the physical body~

It can also be experienced as a "Vision state" in which you think you are awake ..... and you are ..... it is just that your physical body then rests ~

You can learn more by exploring this and increasing your minds acceptance of this......

"Dreams, Visions, and Memories by Carl Jung"

"You Are The Answer by Micheal Tamura"

"Initiation by Elisabeth Haich"

Nicola Tesla had an experience of that nature while underwater at a young age...... I think it is in his Autobiography.

The Edgar Cayce readings contain information on this as well as do most enlightened individuals~

:smile::smile::smile:

Berry
01-04-2012, 08:14 PM
Outwest, I'm sorry about your Aunt. My mom would relate with your Aunt easily. She's always telling me that we are living in a world of illusions. The real place is when we go "home."

When I was around 6 or 7, I almost drowned. I experienced something similiar to you Simontology. My Uncle was teaching me how to swim in a public pool and he told me to jump to him but he kept walking farther and farther away from me. When I finally jumped, he didn't catch me. I swallowed tons of water and the next thing I know, I'm out of my body and I can see all around me, people swimming under the water, my own body, and people talking above the water. I saw my Uncle laugh at my clumsiness and I saw a man pull me out out of the water. I really didn't understand what was happening but being out of the body felt really natural. When I got back in my body, I was hacking out water and it felt awful.

amy green
01-04-2012, 08:29 PM
I almost drowned and, after giving up the struggle, found it to be a relaxing way "to go".....surviving this transformed me.

In my 20's, floating in The Mediterranean - with no knowledge of undercurrents. The irony being I had faked drowning, to my sister (who has life saving skills) a little while before this. The floating experience turned into terror when I could no longer feel the ocean floor (am a poor swimmer). I tried to swim but felt weak or the sea felt very heavy around my body (probably both).

I tried to indicate my predicament to my sister but she dismissed me as a "not falling for that one again". I couldn't convince her so, now too weak to struggle, I gave up and thought that this was how I was going to die.

Once I ceased struggling, I lay back (much like you do in a bath). The sound of the ocean filled my ears - human sounds were faint and far away. My life DID "flash" over my mind (not so much a visual thing), kind of a reappraisal of what I had/hadn't achieved. I remember then feeling relaxed, going with the surreal ocean sound/sensation.

Then, just like in the movies (?!) my sister arrived, angry/cursing, but getting me into the right position to haul me back to shore. The useless lifeguard appeared on the scene when I had almost reached the shore!!

It was a real "wake up call" - made me reappraise my life, i.e. what I wanted from it. I then realised the usual trappings didn't appeal at all, i.e. marriage, house, kids - I knew I was destined to go down "the road less travelled".

dmhorn
04-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Outwest, I'm sorry about your Aunt. My mom would relate with your Aunt easily. She's always telling me that we are living in a world of illusions. The real place is when we go "home."

When I was around 6 or 7, I almost drowned. I experienced something similiar to you Simontology. My Uncle was teaching me how to swim in a public pool and he told me to jump to him but he kept walking farther and farther away from me. When I finally jumped, he didn't catch me. I swallowed tons of water and the next thing I know, I'm out of my body and I can see all around me, people swimming under the water, my own body, and people talking above the water. I saw my Uncle laugh at my clumsiness and I saw a man pull me out out of the water. I really didn't understand what was happening but being out of the body felt really natural. When I got back in my body, I was hacking out water and it felt awful.

Sounds like your Uncle needs a special ...wake up ceremony. Like, you could all stand around a toilet and stick his head in it and cheer as you flush the toilet, maybe even put a party hat on him. Yaaaaay, you're drowning, HAHA thats soooo funny... :/ Seriously, thats really disturbing. I'm so glad you survived you Uncle's ignorance and stupidity. Berry for the win!! :D:hug:

Berry
04-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Thanks Dmhorn, and lol. My Uncle was very young and mischievous and he's never had children and was impatient. He was probably fustrated with me as I wasn't following his commands. I held a grudge against him for a few years but I've learned to let it go. He was not a bad guy, just misguided. He went to the other side of the veil last summer.

Amy Green, you had quite an experience! *buggy eyes*

merrie
04-04-2012, 06:16 PM
I had the same experience of drowning. When I let go struggling in the water and accepted that it was the end for me, I relaxed and saw my life (so far) in a series of flash backs. I felt sad because I would not see my earthly family again. But I popped up out of the water with my hands at my side, chocking and spitting out water.

Merrie

merrie
04-04-2012, 06:26 PM
I had the same experience of drowning. When I let go,no longer struggling, thinking this is the end, I saw my life in flash back (like a movie reel). I relaxed and felt sad I would no loner see my earthly family. I proceeded to rise to the top of the water with my arms relaxed at my side.

Merrie