PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Borgia

Left Behind
20-10-2011, 11:19 PM
I just finished reading Life in the World Unseen, comunicated by Monsignor Robert Hugh Benson to his earthly friend, Anthony Borgia.

I hadn't realized that Rev. Benson was so famous in his earthly life as he was: but I can find very little information about Borgia. Was he well-known in Spiritualist circles? Does anyone here know anything else about him?

Jim

Serenity Bear
21-10-2011, 05:16 PM
I dont know anything about the Monsignor but Iv read all the books and they are terrific!

Left Behind
21-10-2011, 09:47 PM
He was apparently an extremely popular and prolific Catholic author in his day: a contemporary of Chesterton and Belloc, and as well-known as they were. But he's faded into obscurity. :icon_frown:

Jim

Left Behind
28-10-2011, 03:01 PM
He was apparently an extremely popular and prolific Catholic author in his day: a contemporary of Chesterton and Belloc, and as well-known as they were. But he's faded into obscurity. :icon_frown:

Jim

At least, he was well-known at one time.

But what about Anthony Borgia? I've seen a photo of him, and read that he died in 1989 at the age of 93, and that he was blind, or nearly so, for some time before his death. Other than that: I can't find anything.

Was he a well-known medium? Anybody know?

Jim