PDA

View Full Version : Did you see this ?

norseman
20-10-2011, 07:29 AM
A private zoo in Ohio. The owner opened the cages, then shot himself. Local sheriff warned that the "animals were mature, very big, and aggressive." Fifty police spent the night hunting the animals down, shooting on sight - bears, wolves, cheetahs, and tigers. Orangutans and chimps were still locked in their cages.

A human being goes nuts and the animals have to suffer ?
Ohio has the US's weakest restrictions on exotic pets.

[Daily Mirror - UK October 20th. 2011]

Silver
20-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Unbelievable ~ I heard the story on the radio this afternoon. God, that's awful.

Blooms Bright
20-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree! Just heard this morning...seems to me other options could have been explored. First captivity and then death. Unbelievably heartbreaking.

~Bright Blessings

norseman
20-10-2011, 10:55 AM
I hate zoos !

shandy61
20-10-2011, 02:18 PM
When will we ever learn.
Animals are not here for our entertainment.
Makes me want to weep
S
x

Gem
20-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Zoos keep endangered species and run breeding programs that keep them from extinction, and scientific studies are done to glean knowledge which assists in maintaining wild populations.

Bit of a losing battle though, as preservation of habitat isn't going so well.

Cerium
20-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Seems to me, people arent relly trying so hard anymore. I guess a banck got robed close to where I use to live and the robbers went next door to mcdonals for lunch. They were never caugth. lol, The was also this lake somewhere in the world, that had a certain fish that grew there, and the people thought it be wise to throw another kind of fish in there. It killed off the native fish somehow, and it was only found there, Now every year the sky turns black with flys.

Lynn
20-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Hello

My thoughts and blessings go to the man that took his life. To be so alone and in that place must have been so horrible for him.

I am sure in his mind he honstly thought he was doing the right thing.

Lynn

glenos
20-10-2011, 04:47 PM
I hate zoos !

Oh yes..

I too wondered what was in that poor guys mind. Anyways BIG LOVE to him and the animals.

G