PDA

View Full Version : tarot cards

Morgana Rose
20-10-2011, 12:41 AM
i've always wanted to learn how to read tarot cards, i have 3 sets of oracle cards and one set of tarot cards with another on the way, but i was wondering if there was a "better" set of cards to get and what are the most common theories with spreads and how to interpret what they say??
any help is greatly appreciated :)

Finnster
20-10-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't believe one set is better than another. What I do believe is that the deck will resonate with you. If the Rider Waite deck feels the best to you when working with it, then that should be your primary deck. For me, I have two decks that I use. The Myhtic Tarot and the Herbal Tarot. The Herbal Tarot is my primary deck because it was given to me and I have had very successful readings with it.

I use the Mythic Tarot for quick readings and general stuff.

As far as the spreads used question, I use the simple three card method more than the Celtic Cross method, but I think it depends on the reading. The three cards spread is great for a generalized reading while the Celtic Cross is better for more precise readings. You tailor the spread to the reading type.

Hopefully this helps!

norseman
20-10-2011, 01:59 PM
MorganaRose. Look here

www.learntarot.com

Morgana Rose
21-10-2011, 08:02 AM
thank you kinnster and norseman, i have been reading the learn tarot and tarot 101 threads :)