PDA

View Full Version : Emu oil

dakini_cymru
19-10-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi ha anyone had experience of Emu oil........or is it just another fad :icon_question: :icon_question:

Blooms Bright
19-10-2011, 10:07 PM
I have not...actually have not heard of it for use. Sorry I could not be of help, wish you luck.
~ Bright Blessings

sound
19-10-2011, 10:16 PM
In the past I 'tried' it for different skin conditions (topically) and it didn't reveal any magical qualities for me. I haven't taken it orally and do worry a little about how it is 'obtained' and at what expense as the emu population in Australia is diminishing ... they probably farm them for the oil. The indigenous people used it back in the day and some probably still do outback ... the diet of the emu very much depends on the quality of the oil apparently.

Miss Hepburn
20-10-2011, 01:33 PM
I ordered a roll-on and have used it on many others.
I have neer heard anything as feed back.

snap
21-10-2011, 04:34 AM
I have tried it in capsule form but with no groundbreaking results. Also replenishment is difficult to procure as emus run really fast. :smile:

Langston2
08-12-2011, 12:30 PM
Emu essential oil is made in the heavy layer associated with subcutaneous fat around the back from the emu bird. Most often, it is used for producing cosmetics however has also been which may possess medical properties, being an rigorous discomfort reducer utilized in treating persistent arthritis, strains, injuries, and muscle pain. It's also widely used like a injury recovery accelerant. The fatty acids in it (lineolic acidity, I think?) tend to be almost similar within make up in order to person's, so it has transdermal properties.

It's been used for thousands of years in Australia. Utilized as a moisturizer it really redensifies your skin, increasing pores and skin width through 200-300% (based on studies). It's absolutely no recognized negative effects, but when you've allergies in order to wild birds, you most likely don't want to use it.

I have a small vial of it during my first-aid package at the office and a bottle of it at home because it cuts down on the discomfort and inflammation of the sprain within Twenty minutes. It really works quicker than ibuprofen. I also use it on my personal face whenever my personal mild rosacea gets irritated by a skin anti wrinkle cream. We pat within onto my personal cheeks at night and it reboots my skin. No more extreme inflammation. I have already been as well chicken to make use of it under my personal eyes (for that redensifying home), but I've study reviews through women who have used it successfully for this purpose. I actually do use it on my chest and decolletage in the summertime. It can make a difference within generate an income try looking in individuals reduced reduce necklines.

Miss Hepburn
08-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Thank you for this, Langston.
:smile:

jenriggs
04-04-2013, 01:33 AM
Since I am a huge animal activist, I would advice not to use it. Emu oil is rendered from the fat of an emu. That being said we are not far from the cruelties of bear bile or tiger penises to use for medicinal purposes that have no benefit to humans at all, let alone causing suffering to animals for pointless use for human greed. Im not trying to offend you at all...some people dont know exactly what emu oil is. I just hate using animals for human benefit.

Tobi
04-04-2013, 11:47 PM
I had a feeling Emu oil might be made of dead Emus.....it's such a pity.
The plant world can nearly always provide us with remedies for things without subjecting our Soul brothers and sisters to any suffering.

jenriggs
30-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Well I didn't know that I already posted a reply to this and don't think I can delete it, so now I am just writing gibberish because I don't know what else to do.

alamode
07-07-2013, 05:46 PM
When my daughter was a baby, she had eczema and i used emu oil on her and I didn't notice any benefits so stopped using it (we were trying all kinds of products and the best thing I found was Boiron Homeopathic Calendula Cream).

I used the emu oil for myself on my face for moisturizing purposes and didn't think it was all that great either. I prefer coconut oil, jojoba oil, and the past couple of months been using MSM cream which is now my all-time favorite moisturizer.

Guthee
08-09-2013, 12:45 PM
they usually farm the emu for its meat, the fat is used for the oil. I support using as much as you can form an animal if you kill it.

I like emu oil, it is wonderful for my skin, a little goes a very long way