PDA

View Full Version : Signposts

NightSpirit
17-10-2011, 06:55 AM
I'm sure there are many others who halt and take notice when they are hit with a series of incidences that just keep blocking your physical path in a matter of hours or a day?

They become so frequent and obvious that one surely can't help but go "Whoah. I'm pulling up right now."

Here's an example of todays events....

**Finish work
**Drop in home to make a call and grab a meal to drop off to my mother.
**Sit with my partner (his day off) and have a cuppa.
**Head to Mum's on the way over to my son's house.
**Jumped out of car to race in with meal, head to car only to find I'd left it running with the keys still in the ignition and my bag and phone locked in the car. (not unusual that my car was running because its a turbo car and idles on a timer then turns off automatically). So didn't give a thought to the motor running till I went to grab my keys from my pocket.
**Lucky still had my work phone in my pocket and rang my man to come rescue me with the spare key.
**He was almost out the door for an appointment...Lucky me!
**He comes, I leave and head to sons home. Just pulled into the driveway and partner phones to say he just did the same thing. No front door key to get in to get his wallet.
**Forget about son's and head back home to unlock the door because he's already late for appointment.
**Pull up in the driveway and while he was sitting the his car waiting for me, he discovers his wallet had slipped down between the seats and didnt need me to come back afterall.

We both shrugged and said "forget it! Neither of us are going anywhere now" and went upstairs.

So you can see that the series of obstacles affected us both for some reason to stop us from achieving our planned afternoons.

Ive found over many years when this extreme happens, there's a very good reason for it. Sometimes I end up finding out why, sometimes I don't...but I definitely sit up and take notice of a run of signposts for good reason.

I may never know why today happened, but whatever the reason, we decided to listen and stop. Maybe one of us might have ended up in a car accident or something if we had have kept forcing our control.

I know when this happened a couple of years back, the car was about to lose its wheel. You can read this story in my Divine Interventions thread.

Has anyone else had this type of run only to find it was a universal rescue?

psychoslice
17-10-2011, 07:15 AM
I think when we are confused or don't feeling quit right, all these thing happen or seem to happen more because were not as alert as we normally would be.

Mr Interesting
17-10-2011, 08:32 AM
I've been sitting here. Night Spirit, pondering your post and I can't think of any time where I might have been blocked from doing something... except by my forgetfulness or nervousness. That's not to say it hasn't happened but that I haven't been aware of it.

All I can really say is that I'm all for the going forward kinda serendipity where events transpire to have something happen for good, which may very well be the opposite of your series of events, and how such sequences manifest... or specifically what the state of mind is to allow these wonders to unfold before us.

Some things I can get very easily with serendipity being the usual train of events to get me there but other times I'll want something and seem to get a subtle form of blocking... in that some pushing would be required, and I'm stubborn so this does happen, but if the pushing meets with more blocking, or less serendipity... I'll usually realise it's not a good way to go and let it go.
I don't think the "making the path difficult" is to avoid accidents so much as just encouragement not to go a way that won't work for us.

Why I say this is because the kind of people who do end up in accidents often see them as a good reason to change direction so if you are being deflected from an accident...

NightSpirit
17-10-2011, 08:42 AM
I think when we are confused or don't feeling quit right, all these thing happen or seem to happen more because were not as alert as we normally would be.

That could be the case Slice...careless, in a rush, not concentrating...yet, there have been times when its not been the case. :smile:

psychoslice
17-10-2011, 08:50 AM
That could be the case Slice...careless, in a rush, not concentrating...yet, there have been times when its not been the case. :smile:
All coincidental my friend, the universe doesn't care one bit what we do as humans, only we care.:smile:

NightSpirit
17-10-2011, 08:53 AM
I've been sitting here. Night Spirit, pondering your post and I can't think of any time where I might have been blocked from doing something... except by my forgetfulness or nervousness. That's not to say it hasn't happened but that I haven't been aware of it.

All I can really say is that I'm all for the going forward kinda serendipity where events transpire to have something happen for good, which may very well be the opposite of your series of events, and how such sequences manifest... or specifically what the state of mind is to allow these wonders to unfold before us.

Some things I can get very easily with serendipity being the usual train of events to get me there but other times I'll want something and seem to get a subtle form of blocking... in that some pushing would be required, and I'm stubborn so this does happen, but if the pushing meets with more blocking, or less serendipity... I'll usually realise it's not a good way to go and let it go.
I don't think the "making the path difficult" is to avoid accidents so much as just encouragement not to go a way that won't work for us.

Why I say this is because the kind of people who do end up in accidents often see them as a good reason to change direction so if you are being deflected from an accident...

Well Ive been sitting pondering your reply :D and very interesting, it is.

I know the serendipity thing. Gotta love it when that comes by to visit.
There's a few things that still bug me about my OP though. I know what psychoslice said is true and i'm not one to look for alternative meanings in every occurrence. In fact, I'm the opposite. I always look to the logic first and will pull others up in the same respect.

The thing is...i left out many details to try to keep the post short and readable. Those details are the things that make me wonder if these were signs. Ive been there too many times to ignore such events, only to find out there was very good reason not to force my own hand at these times.

Anyway, my OP is not so much about what happened today, but about what you addressed....that perhaps we need to be more attentive towards such energies. I found your car accident explanation interesting. Never thought of it in that way. That was just an example I gave to give ideas on perhaps why these things occur, but not necessarily meaning an accident. As I said, once before it was because of a wheel about to fall off our truck and a series of events stopped us from driving the truck. So I tend to keep an open mind.

There again, it could all have happened because of lack of attention and rushing.

Cheers :smile:

arto
17-10-2011, 11:00 PM
I know exactly what you mean night spirit ;)

I had one of those days recently, well its happened on a few occasions in the last two months.

Then I was reading a book and the author suggested that we mapped out our life experiences before we came to this realm, and we also added "early exit points" for ourselves, which we could choose to take or not as they came along. It was suggested that perhaps those strange occurrences where we were effected to not take action on a day we normally would have, it was because our higher self was telling us to avoid one of those exit points. Its also well accepted that our guides can help us avoid accidental death by giving us forewarning, perhaps you also were being given signs from your friends whi constantly guide you from the other side :)

I have to admit, I am a little surprised that such an enlightened community of ppl is so quick to dismiss signs others are experiencing as nothing. At most, I would expect you to say "maybe it is, maybe it isn't", but to say its just coincidence for that persons experience, I feel uncomfortable about that assumption.

Love and light :)

Kaere
17-10-2011, 11:14 PM
So you can see that the series of obstacles affected us both for some reason to stop us from achieving our planned afternoons.

That's a lovely story NightSpirit :smile: I've had one or two of those in my life too but I didn't realize it until looking back.

I wonder though if it was more about helping you achieve an afternoon gift planned by someone else, as opposed to just spoiling your own plans.

NightSpirit
18-10-2011, 09:31 AM
I know exactly what you mean night spirit ;)

I had one of those days recently, well its happened on a few occasions in the last two months.

Then I was reading a book and the author suggested that we mapped out our life experiences before we came to this realm, and we also added "early exit points" for ourselves, which we could choose to take or not as they came along. It was suggested that perhaps those strange occurrences where we were effected to not take action on a day we normally would have, it was because our higher self was telling us to avoid one of those exit points. Its also well accepted that our guides can help us avoid accidental death by giving us forewarning, perhaps you also were being given signs from your friends whi constantly guide you from the other side :)

I have to admit, I am a little surprised that such an enlightened community of ppl is so quick to dismiss signs others are experiencing as nothing. At most, I would expect you to say "maybe it is, maybe it isn't", but to say its just coincidence for that persons experience, I feel uncomfortable about that assumption.

Love and light :)

Thank you arto for your explanations. I love that I can stay open-minded and will accept all suggestions as possibilities....and I find your explanations as plausable as any other. After-all, who are we to say this is right and that is wrong?

I always believe we are born out of infinite possibilities, therefore, nothing is inprobable. I like your interesting twist :smile:

NightSpirit
18-10-2011, 09:33 AM
That's a lovely story NightSpirit :smile: I've had one or two of those in my life too but I didn't realize it until looking back.

I wonder though if it was more about helping you achieve an afternoon gift planned by someone else, as opposed to just spoiling your own plans.

Thanks for your thoughts Kaere. I hope that gift was for us to just stop and put up our feet after a hard day. :D I do know not to fight against these days any more. If I try, it just gets worse LOL

Smiler
18-10-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi Kaz

Lastest thing ..( hope I am on the write page lol )

I drove to Melb on the weekend from my country town .. I noticed things just a tad more than normal .. like the car towing a vehicle ..going so slow ..fair dinkum he could have been going backwards ..* sigh*

Well instead of thinking "HURRY UP BLAH BLAH " ..I thought be careful!
On the freeway .. I really noticed things ..like the ..have ..a nap signs ...
sleepy drivers die ..then saw dead animals on the road ... heaps of little things ..that surrounded DEATH .. seemed to jump out at me..

So I slowed down each time I noticed ..

Love Debs xo

deepsea
18-10-2011, 10:42 AM
As someone once told me,there are no coincidences.
There is always a reason for everything.
:confused:

NightSpirit
18-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Smiler...well done sister awareness!

deepsea...ditto to that!

:smile:

BlueSky
18-10-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm sure there are many others who halt and take notice when they are hit with a series of incidences that just keep blocking your physical path in a matter of hours or a day?

They become so frequent and obvious that one surely can't help but go "Whoah. I'm pulling up right now."

Here's an example of todays events....

**Finish work
**Drop in home to make a call and grab a meal to drop off to my mother.
**Sit with my partner (his day off) and have a cuppa.
**Head to Mum's on the way over to my son's house.
**Jumped out of car to race in with meal, head to car only to find I'd left it running with the keys still in the ignition and my bag and phone locked in the car. (not unusual that my car was running because its a turbo car and idles on a timer then turns off automatically). So didn't give a thought to the motor running till I went to grab my keys from my pocket.
**Lucky still had my work phone in my pocket and rang my man to come rescue me with the spare key.
**He was almost out the door for an appointment...Lucky me!
**He comes, I leave and head to sons home. Just pulled into the driveway and partner phones to say he just did the same thing. No front door key to get in to get his wallet.
**Forget about son's and head back home to unlock the door because he's already late for appointment.
**Pull up in the driveway and while he was sitting the his car waiting for me, he discovers his wallet had slipped down between the seats and didnt need me to come back afterall.

We both shrugged and said "forget it! Neither of us are going anywhere now" and went upstairs.

Ive found over many years when this extreme happens, there's a very good reason for it. Sometimes I end up finding out why, sometimes I don't...but I definitely sit up and take notice of a run of signposts for good reason.

I may never know why today happened, but whatever the reason, we decided to listen and stop. Maybe one of us might have ended up in a car accident or something if we had have kept forcing our control.

I know when this happened a couple of years back, the car was about to lose its wheel. You can read this story in my Divine Interventions thread.

Has anyone else had this type of run only to find it was a universal rescue?

Yes...............too many times to mention. For me it keeps the mystery in life very much alive.
I remember reading that when the World Trade Center was attacked and 3,000 people died, that normally there were 10,000 people in that building but for some reason there wasn't that day.
People have missed airplanes that have crashed as well. Yes this kind of stuff happens all the time.
Nice thread.

deepsea
18-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi all you Aussies!
Say 'hello' to Oz for me.
:hug2:

NightSpirit
19-10-2011, 05:17 AM
Yes...............too many times to mention. For me it keeps the mystery in life very much alive.
I remember reading that when the World Trade Center was attacked and 3,000 people died, that normally there were 10,000 people in that building but for some reason there wasn't that day.
People have missed airplanes that have crashed as well. Yes this kind of stuff happens all the time.
Nice thread.

Now that you mention it WS, we tend to notice the bigger ones more easily :smile:

NightSpirit
19-10-2011, 05:18 AM
Hi all you Aussies!
Say 'hello' to Oz for me.
:hug2:

BiG AuSSiE :hello: to deepsea :D

Emmalevine
19-10-2011, 07:47 AM
This happens to me too. Very often in fact. I know it isn't a coincidence because it is just so apt.

Mr Interesting
20-10-2011, 09:21 PM
NightSpirit,
I've just reread your post and still trying to put it into some sort of perspective.

I don't doubt at all that it wasn't synchronistic and am considering it may have been one of those sets of occurrences that aren't so much about an end product, in the sense that they either lead to something that may have happened or lead away from something that happened, but are possibly about themselves.

What that means is that the occurrences, got it (an incident finally came to me), are intended to be somewhat confusing and lead us to a point where the whole thing seems ridiculous and we take the time then to step back and see the joke!

I had something years ago where I was with someone and what started out light hearted started to get somewhat heavy. Simple connections started to get heavier and heavier, instead of small saplings just growing a flower or two they turned into great trees and the roots entwined with other great trees and before long I had to lie back and relax because it was all just getting too profound... it was to do with Maori carvings, and cultural lineage and ley lines etc, and it was just too heavy too fast so I lay back to relax and let things quieten down... and I'm looking up at the clouds and they start to morph into Maori carvings... and just as I'm thinking too much, *******!, the clouds then morph into Disney characters... and I'm immediately laughing and realising I'd created the heaviness myself, which was a waste of time and spirit took it to heavier to show me that it wasn't worth the effort but to get the message across required the cliff edge and juxtaposition of humour!!!

So while this story isn't at all like yours in details it sorta has the same kind of internal - non external meaning. For me it was all about not taking things too seriously, even when things were potentially very serious!, and being able to see that no matter how serious things can be... that we can still manage to take it easy.

I suppose it's that linearity thing that we like to see product external to sums but without linearity the product can be the sum while also coming before the sum.

I think that particular example of mine was when I actually first found out about cosmic humour and I've been a big fan ever since! It's neat 'cause I can take on some hefty product... but it's light as a feather and I'm allowed to drop it and break it... if the song and dance routine makes someone titter!

NightSpirit
20-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Mr Interesting

Know wonder you have chosen that nic. Your way of unraveling stuff is very interesting :smile:

My brain went *boing* when I read it. Probably too heavy for me over my first morning coffee lol. I'm beginning to think that maybe the afternoon's events simply imploded on themselves. When that happens its time to remove one's butt to a safe spot. hee hee