PDA

View Full Version : Candle Magic Success Stories

somnia
16-10-2011, 09:05 PM
I know there are a lot of people here who have practiced candle magic for years, but are there any success stories that stick out in your mind? Please feel free to share your stories here!

I honestly don't practice candle very often, but the few times I have, I've had successful outcomes. I'm one of those types who believes that although it can be helpful to burn a candle spell during certain phases of the moon, I don't think it's a requirement. If it happens to be a particular moon phase that fits with my intent, then I just see it as an additional magical booster :).

Most of my very few candle spells generally involve my career. The first time I tried a candle spell, I needed help getting into a Full Time position at my workplace. A friend of mine who's practiced candle magic for years suggested I use a white candle, any kind of ointment that feels right, and to try placing a small sprig of Wysteria (Those purple grape-like flowers that bloom during the spring), around my candle alter. I took a nice hot salt bath with mint to relax my mind and help me focus. Then I did my simple candle ritual with all my full intentions as I lit the candle. My friend advised me to make sure to wish no harm to befall any person because of my wish and to let the candle burn out on it's own. The moon phase was convenient in that it was a Full Moon, but again I really needed to do the spell so I went for it. I kid you not, the very next day I was working night shift and one of my coworkers stormed in, started collecting her things, and left her badge and keys on our managers desk. She told us she was tired of putting up with the boss and had found work elsewhere. The day afterwards I was offered her Full Time job!

After working 3 years with this hospital, I decided I needed to change my career path and seek out employment for one that was more....ethical. I did get another job, however I was cheated on the salary I was promised during my final interview, as well as my work hours. The overall work environment is better than the other hospital, but I am actively networking and will be applying for another position at a more promising hospital in about a month. So, I'm going to be gearing up for another candle spell for career luck/growth pretty soon.

Blooms Bright
16-10-2011, 10:04 PM
I love using candle magick...I find that it is often the most magickal practice I utilize. I have had much success, but I truly beleive it is all about intention. I am a simple witch...LOL! I will use a lonely tea light. Pull it up out of its tin, sprinkle herbs or spices, write a short little spell, fold it up, put the candle back in, and light it. Everything is sealed up in the wax once the candle has burned out. I usually bury it.
I have also decorated my candles with symbols or runes. Used pictures and such. But I always believe. Never doubt or second guess or look into more than what it is.
Speak from the heart, and state your intent, visualize and talk to yourself as it has already happened. Start dressing as if your going to your new work environment. This is how I approach many of spells and such. It might not be what you had in mind, and I apologize, I can only share my experience.
Magick is all around us, but we have to help it sparkle : )

Good luck and much success with your new job and candle magick.

~Bright Blessings

somnia
17-10-2011, 12:58 PM
That was most helpful :)

I also bury the candle along with any herbs that I use with it. I think my friend told me that it's a way to say thank you and "give back" to the earth for helping with the spell. The visualizing and wearing the work clothes is a great idea! I didn't about trying that before. In fact, I was thinking about driving to the place that I'm going to be applying for today, so that when I get the chance to go in for an interview, I'll know exactly where it is and how long it takes to get there. Since it's a hospital, I think I'll wear my scrubs today while I make my drive. :smile:

earthprowler
21-10-2011, 12:49 PM
i normally let my candles burn all the way down to nothing. if i have to put them out, i never blow them out as that can blow the intention away, i cap the flame. i also usually write down on paper exactly what i want from the spell in detail and all around the candle also. when the candle is finished, i burn the paper in a safe bowl and throw the ashes into the wind to send out to the universe.

somnia
25-03-2012, 03:37 PM
*BUMP*

It's been a while since I've posted and thought I'd give a few interesting updates on some of my candle magic I've done.

II received a homemade New Year's Day Affirmation candle from one of my very good and knowledgeable Pagan friends. She's been practicing for years and told me to wait until the New Year began to make a list of things I'd want to achieve for this year, then fold it underneath the candle. It was a very skinny candle, and all I had was a small holder. I was able to help hold it up by pouring sea salt around the base. It was really neat watching the candle burn after I did the ritual, as it burned completely to it's end despite all the salt around it. I should have taken a picture because it left a perfect whole in the middle of the salt, haha.

Anyhoot, one of my main wishes came true recently! I was finally able to reach my long term goal of Downshifting my work schedule from working a grueling 48 hour night shift down to an average of 33-36 hour night shift! I also wished for a change in my domestic partners work schedule as he is unhappy with his work situation. I may perform a basic candle ritual for him as an added "boost" to let the spirits know that I'm serious about the changes that need to be done. Can't wait to see what happens for the rest of the year!

Blooms Bright
24-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the update! Its great to hear such positive changes have come your way. I wish you all the best and much success.

~Bright Blessings