PDA

View Full Version : George Harrison: Living in the Material World

WithinUwithoutU
16-10-2011, 11:48 AM
I have been a Beatles fan since I was 9 years old, I'm 26 now so it was past the time of Beatlemania, it was around the time the anthologies came out. Well, that year if i remember right my Grandfather who I was extremely close to passed and the Beatles brought a great comfort to me -George having ALWAYS been my favorite.
Prior, i had talked about reincarnation (didn't know it was called that at such a young age) with having no one explain any of it to me and a fascination with "mysticism"... i was raised Roman Catholic so obviously i wasn't taught of this in my home (though my parents are quite liberal so they never repressed it either).
Well the older i got the more I realized "wow, so Harrison was my favorite before i even knew that i had similar vies and beliefes", i was just drawn to him from the 'hard days night' days...

point is i watched the Scorcese special last night "george harrison: living in the material world" and im just very moved. my path has has ups and downs which i'm learning are all part of the lesson but for hte past couple of weeks its been extremely positive and uplifting. i even began attending my in town spiritual support group again and Harrison saying "this is available to everyone anyone can do it" made me realize -wow-work-cooking-cleaning-planning a wedding is no excuse for me to put this off any longer, i know my truth and i trust in my trust.

Just wanted to put out there how deeply moved and grateful i am for the amazing documentary and of course the inspiring music George has left us with. :redface:

Colhad75
21-10-2011, 08:44 AM
I do like the Third Beatle, I listen to My Sweet Lord all the time. One of my favourite George Harrison songs.

psychoslice
21-10-2011, 09:20 AM
Great album material world, the hare Krishna's where the first thing in my life that brought me to who i truly am, but i have to say, i then dropped them, to enter my own Being by my SELF, but they were a good stepping stone, I am also a Beatles freak, just love them all, yea yea yea.:angel8: :hug3:

NightSpirit
21-10-2011, 09:42 AM
Im also a Beatles fanatic. I love George's Across the Universe :smile:

snap
21-10-2011, 09:46 AM
Somewhere in the deep dark hills of Dakota there lived a young boy named Rocky Racoon

psychoslice
21-10-2011, 10:00 AM
Im also a Beatles fanatic. I love George's Across the Universe :smile:
that's John's song, from the Let It Be album.

NightSpirit
21-10-2011, 10:03 AM
I thought george sung it Slice?

psychoslice
21-10-2011, 10:11 AM
I thought george sung it Slice?
No, John did, its my favorite song ever, I just feel like floating along when i hear it.:hug3:

NightSpirit
21-10-2011, 10:13 AM
No, John did, its my favorite song ever, I just feel like floating along when i hear it.:hug3:

me bad! LOL