PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding tarot?

Colhad75
16-10-2011, 07:34 AM
What do you take out of an unsuccessful reading, is it common to get some of them wrong. I've been successful with a couple, one was half right but I got a couple of things wrong.

If you make any wrong readings what do you put it down to. Is it just the fact I interpret the cards wrongly.

I always do a small meditation before I deal the cards and ask my guides for assistance. The answer doesn't always come to me straight away, sometimes it takes me a while to put together a story.

Is it ok to change any card you deal, I've done it once cos I couldn't get anything from the card. I felt once I dealt a new card the reading made a bit more sense.

At the moment my method is three card spreads. I read them as past, present and future. So I when I do a reading it's telling me what the person has been doing, what their current situation could be and What they could expect to happen. Are there other ways to conduct a reading?

Need some tips.:smile:

norseman
16-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Colhad, I do 3 or 4 card spreads but I look for a continuous narrative between them, not past - present - future. As far as success goes, if you get 75% success, you are doing well. Reading cards is all down to intuition which is not a precise science so you will be a mile off target at times.

Have you read Tarot 101 thread - useful stuff in there.

Medium_Laura
16-10-2011, 01:20 PM
Yep I make a story from the 3 based on the 1st question.

Question: Is my career about to change?

Based on the 3, it could go something like..

The hanged man says that you are making self sacrifices and are contently allowing the chaos to keep you stuck. But the Knight of swords is telling me that you need to use communication and movement to get out of your rut. If you follow the knight and actively take a part in changing your career, then your 3rd card of the 10 of pentacles says, yes, you can establish a firm and successful career in a field, but you have to do the work.

Get it?

Colhad75
16-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Yep I make a story from the 3 based on the 1st question.

Question: Is my career about to change?

Based on the 3, it could go something like..

The hanged man says that you are making self sacrifices and are contently allowing the chaos to keep you stuck. But the Knight of swords is telling me that you need to use communication and movement to get out of your rut. If you follow the knight and actively take a part in changing your career, then your 3rd card of the 10 of pentacles says, yes, you can establish a firm and successful career in a field, but you have to do the work.

Get it?

Ok, so just forget about the past present future format. I got the idea from the instruction manual. I didn't follow the instructions all that much as I am aware that we should be using our own intuition to tell the story. In order to try and construct the story that is the format I chose but to use it with as much intuition as I can.

Should I always go with what the cards mean or should I try and interpret them in my own way?

If I deal the same three cards in a spread for two separate readings, is it the same story or should I alter it so that it's not just a copy of a previous reading?

norseman
16-10-2011, 04:39 PM
Colhad, it could be worth your while to dip into the Tarot School where we all interpret the SAME cards and all our readings are different.

green
16-10-2011, 05:22 PM
What do you take out of an unsuccessful reading, is it common to get some of them wrong. I've been successful with a couple, one was half right but I got a couple of things wrong.

If you make any wrong readings what do you put it down to. Is it just the fact I interpret the cards wrongly.

I always do a small meditation before I deal the cards and ask my guides for assistance. The answer doesn't always come to me straight away, sometimes it takes me a while to put together a story.

Is it ok to change any card you deal, I've done it once cos I couldn't get anything from the card. I felt once I dealt a new card the reading made a bit more sense.

At the moment my method is three card spreads. I read them as past, present and future. So I when I do a reading it's telling me what the person has been doing, what their current situation could be and What they could expect to happen. Are there other ways to conduct a reading?

Need some tips.:smile:

hi Coldhad

imo you can't be right all of the time. when you read to yourself the chances for misunderstandings and mistakes are bigger.
sometimes while a reading there is cards that "talk to you more then others".
it feels as if you are at the beginning of your path as a tarot reader and that you need more practice- am i right?
about changing a card in a spread: there be those who will tell you - "you can't do that" and others who will tell you -" why not?" for myself i believe that if one card or a whole spread doesn't make sense - change it, redo it. but keep something in mind: if you keep changing the cards you don't like or the "negative" cards to make a nice spread - it will not work...you can't run away from your message, you can choose not to see it, but either you will get the same answer in different words or will not get answers at all. but yes - changing a card can be a powerful thing - it can echo the change you need to do in real life to achieve what you are looking for.

sometimes it takes time to create the story- once again, it takes practice, the more you do that the easier it will become. but you can also try to work one card at a time at first, not to connect them but see what each card tell you individually and then take the next step of creating a story.

hope this helps

G

Medium_Laura
16-10-2011, 07:06 PM
http://www.nodntap.net/tarot/card_worksheet.shtml

This has some nice worksheets

cheribird44
29-10-2011, 05:22 AM
I agree with Green. You can pull another card if the answer you get doesn't make sense to you, a clairification card, but, you can't really change the message it's trying to tell you. If by chance, none of the reading makes sense to me, I usually just figure I didn't focus on the question enough, and try again later. :)

Michelle

green
30-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I agree with Green. You can pull another card if the answer you get doesn't make sense to you, a clairification card, but, you can't really change the message it's trying to tell you. If by chance, none of the reading makes sense to me, I usually just figure I didn't focus on the question enough, and try again later. :)

Michelle

i agree Michelle- it can be that your mind was elsewhere while asking your question if the answer doesn't make sense, but also, sometimes i find the cards answering another question, not the one that was asked, but a much deeper and more important one that need to be understood or taken care of.

G

cheribird44
31-10-2011, 05:24 AM
i agree Michelle- it can be that your mind was elsewhere while asking your question if the answer doesn't make sense, but also, sometimes i find the cards answering another question, not the one that was asked, but a much deeper and more important one that need to be understood or taken care of.

G

I find that as well.