PDA

View Full Version : Laurie!

johnatre
13-10-2011, 01:05 AM
Okay, Basically. I am following Laurie Cabot's videos on youtube and I just think she is the cutest old woman ever! Her glasses... <3

But, I also see a TON of unnecessary negative comments and videos. My question for you all on this side of the fence is: Is she really a fake who wants your money or is she a genuinely good witch?

norseman
13-10-2011, 07:47 AM
"Official witch of Salem" :D:D:D

http://youtu.be/0BY-D6k2-Hs

A caricature !

Amilius777
13-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I don't wanna burst anyone's bubble but I know a lot of Witches in my area and many of them say she is not the High Priestess of Salem.

I have been to Salem twice. Its very commercial. Very gray kind of magic. Nothing of white light. I love going there but only for commercial reasons. Not for spiritual quests.

And some shops carried a lot of dark or negative vibes. I know people have to make a living but some of those shops and spiritual areas were greedy. My girlfriend's psychic reading at one of those places was dark and filled with awful stuff that wasn't true about her at all but some other stuff was true.

Laurie Cabot seems like a genuine woman, possible has some sort of psychic ability. But I have learned in life that the most gifted ones are the most obscure. Sylvia Browne is the most famous psychic and she is a massive fraud that is frightening and shaken up her followers into a frenzy. I prefer the Witch in my family I go to.

norseman
13-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I am trying very hard to say things without actually saying anything :D Salem sounds very much like Glastonbury.

johnatre
13-10-2011, 10:24 PM
I want to visit Salem so bad. It seems so perfect on all the sites and videos.

Animus27
13-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Okay, Basically. I am following Laurie Cabot's videos on youtube and I just think she is the cutest old woman ever! Her glasses... <3

But, I also see a TON of unnecessary negative comments and videos. My question for you all on this side of the fence is: Is she really a fake who wants your money or is she a genuinely good witch?
In my uncensored, honest opinion?

I think she's a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket and it really seems like she's trying to touch on as many stereotypes as possible lol.

Bottom line: she seems like a commercialized fraud. But I could be wrong. But just reading her website, and watching one of her videos makes me suspect as much. Take what you want from her, but please don't give her a dime of your money lol.

norseman
14-10-2011, 07:46 AM
"I think she's a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket and it really seems like she's trying to touch on as many stereotypes as possible"

Either that, Animus, or a really smart "cookie". "A fool and his money are soon parted".
[ cookie ? cookie ? - the word is "biscuit" :D ]

norseman
14-10-2011, 07:51 AM
I want to visit Salem so bad. It seems so perfect on all the sites and videos.
Probably best to hang onto the IDEA of Salem, johnatre. The reality is sure to disappoint you. Glastonbury [UK] is packed with gim-crack New Age tat shops, Stonehenge is like a circus, Tintagel [ King Arthur legend] used to have a Guinevere car park.

Animus27
14-10-2011, 03:26 PM
"I think she's a few sandwiches short of a picnic basket and it really seems like she's trying to touch on as many stereotypes as possible"

Either that, Animus, or a really smart "cookie". "A fool and his money are soon parted".
[ cookie ? cookie ? - the word is "biscuit" :D ]
LOL. Yeah, one shouldn't discount the possibility that she's actually a marketing genius. :tongue:

Animus27
14-10-2011, 03:31 PM
Probably best to hang onto the IDEA of Salem, johnatre. The reality is sure to disappoint you. Glastonbury [UK] is packed with gim-crack New Age tat shops, Stonehenge is like a circus, Tintagel [ King Arthur legend] used to have a Guinevere car park.
This is true. A lot of historically important religious sights have been co opted by people who like to perform spiritual tourism (people flocking to Stone Henge for the solstice, and leaving behind litter (but that doesn't matter, because they were at Stone Henge, so, like, man, they were so spiritual and pagan :rolleyes:).

It's much better to find a sacred place that means something to you personally (not you, in particular, norseman, I have had the pleasure of seeing your gorgeous pics in some threads!).

I'll take this over Salem any day of the week, all day long:

http://pics4.city-data.com/cpicc/cfiles35500.jpg

norseman
14-10-2011, 05:52 PM
That is a BIG outlook Animus !

Here is one I don't think I have posted before. It's a glacial valley near where I will be Samhain Eve - lots of "doorways" :smile:. It's called High Cup Nick. Legend has it that the devil stamped his hoof there to leave the impression. To me, it is Gaia's Temple

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/northpennines/highcupnick-8620b-1-1.jpg

iolite
14-10-2011, 06:40 PM
We visited Salem on a trip up to Maine for a wedding more than 17 years ago. We visited Laurie's shop -- very small and kinda disappointing. Although I did find a really sweet book for my small niece (Fairy Wings). I wanted to visit the House of Seven Gables, but we simply ran out of time. We attended a showing of the Salem Witch Trials and visited the memorial to the victims, which I found very peaceful and sad. I'd love to visit Salem in October sometime. We went in late August or early September.

johnatre
20-10-2011, 01:56 AM
To me, it is Gaia's Temple

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/northpennines/highcupnick-8620b-1-1.jpg
I found that so... smile worthy. I like how you made it your's and not what the legend was <3 you guys help me out so much
(Now I am intending on saving my money and not wasting it on tourism in Salem.)

LadyMoondancer
24-10-2011, 06:11 PM

since we as Pagans (Neo- or traditional) and Wiccans or Witches, are trying to find acceptance in society, we need to get rid of stereotypical labels. Why is it necessary to point out she is "old" and label her as "cute."

And yes Laurie is the genu-wine article.

ps - "old" people are just like you, we just have lived a bit longer. :wink:

norseman
24-10-2011, 06:19 PM
"we just have lived a bit longer."

Better make that a lot longer in my case :D

LadyMoondancer
24-10-2011, 06:29 PM
"we just have lived a bit longer."

Better make that a lot longer in my case :D

rof****! :hug:

I do agree with the assessment of the commercialization of Witchy/New Age tour spots. They may be nice places to visit, to soak up the history, and perhaps experience some of the energy there - but you really should find your own "power spot." Which might be in your own backyard!
I live 20 miles south of Niagara Falls, which is a huge power spot, and one of the most commercialized places around!

well, this old crone - ick - I hate that word - I prefer "Queen" needs some more caffeine. Just waking up this afternoon after working a 12 hour overnight shift. :coffee:

norseman
24-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Did I not explain the classifications in my "home" forum ?

D.O.C. - dizzy old crone
D.O.S. - dusty old sage.
:D:D

LadyMoondancer
24-10-2011, 06:39 PM
nope, I didn't see that - maybe I wasn't wearing my bi-focals - and well, yes, there are times I am dizzy.
but I'm still a Queen. Dizzy and nutty, but still a Queen! :icon_queen:

dragon charms
24-10-2011, 10:11 PM
Oh this is a funny thread! Thanks for the laughs!!!!

(signed)
DOCDC

hahaha

LadyMoondancer
25-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Oh this is a funny thread! Thanks for the laughs!!!!

(signed)
DOCDC

hahaha

yeah, we old farts and old hens have a sense of humor. just don't like being labeled by younglings. (love to johnatre, no bad feelings here).:hug2:

johnatre
25-10-2011, 11:29 PM
First. I was stereotyping anyone, I was just stating that her glasses her cute and she is the cutest old woman ever. Not that you have to be old to be real or that if you are old you are fake or anything. And I don't find making fun of my question very funny because this world is very confusing and I apologize for wanting your opinion on the matter :confused1:

LadyMoondancer
26-10-2011, 01:37 AM
First. I was stereotyping anyone, I was just stating that her glasses her cute and she is the cutest old woman ever. Not that you have to be old to be real or that if you are old you are fake or anything. And I don't find making fun of my question very funny because this world is very confusing and I apologize for wanting your opinion on the matter :confused1:
don't apologize. you're ok. and I should apologize- I wasn't making fun of your question - just stating that old people dont like being labeled "cute" - because that's what you said AND you said she had funny glasses. I don't know - I didn't see the video, she may very well have had strange looking glasses on.
I work in a hospital and older people are just people who have lived longer than us. They are not "cute" or "perky" or "sharp as a tack" - they are people.
the funny part of the discussion was us old farts yakking.

now having said all that - let us go forward as friends. :smile:

johnatre
27-10-2011, 02:13 AM
now having said all that - let us go forward as friends. :smile:
As we shall

Blessed be!