PDA

View Full Version : Where does one give feedback about the forums?

emalie
11-10-2011, 07:22 PM
Hi,

I've not seen a better level of sharing for a very long time as exists in these forums, and my feedback doesn't go that at all, but it is something that goes to a very small, very specific feature of the forums. I don't in the slightest purport to know more than others about such things - especially as it works obviously so very well - but it is a question as well as a response which I have concerning one particular feature.
Could you please tell me if you have a place for people to give feedback on the features of the forums?
Thank you,
emalie

innerlight
11-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Hi Emalie,

You are doing that right now. You can leave feedback in this section of the forum. If you would like to make it private you can send a member of staff a pm.

emalie
14-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Hi,
actually I realize that I have one question and one feedback (I also see that someone has started a feedback page so you can tell me if my feedback beloings there)

Question:

In the introductory page to your help pages you say:
"Upon signing up to the forum you are able to post threads, and reply to the threads. However, newbie users do not have the ability to edit their profile, add an avatar, or have a signature. After being a member for 14 days, and making 25 posts you will have access to all the normal functions of the forum. To know if you are a newbie user it will say so underneath your user name"

Perhaps it is because I've been so active since I joined, but has it not been two weeks since I joined? I find that I still cannot edit options in my User CP. Just wondered about that.

I'm unsure on what basis that members are allocated such titles as "newbie, "seeker", "master" but it would seem that those represent the number of posts or the time that someonie has been on the forums. "newbie" simply denotes a newcomer to the forums, but words like "ascender" or "master" to me denotes a spiritual mastery, and if they are applied according to the number of posts or to the length of time that someone has been with the forums, to me that doesn't tally with spiritual "mastery". It reminds me of churches and other institutiions who like to stroke the ego of those who show commitment to the church - but it's not something that truly speaks to that person's level of wisdom.

I must say also that I eshew any title in or out of an orgaization that would suggest that we can know the truly wise from the "lesser" spirit. In another lifetime, the "lesser" spirit might be freed of the ties that bind them and find themself, indeed, to be the shaman and the wise one might struggle to being communicative in any sense. I don't mean to say that spirits are not on a path of evolution. I do beleive that we are. I just dont' believe it is possible to assess that at our current level of awareness, while we are in this world.

Obviously, many will disagree with me and the titles themselves might be given with the hoped for understanding that they simply reflect on the level of commitment to the forums. I'm just not comfortable with the labels used. I have *no* problem being a "newbie" at all :smile: And whatever title is given won't change my level of ignorance <shucks!> As titles go, I would prefer such words as newbie, occasional, frequent, very frequent, oldie etc.

Thank you,

emalie

innerlight
14-10-2011, 12:06 AM
Hi,
actually I realize that I have one question and one feedback (I also see that someone has started a feedback page so you can tell me if my feedback beloings there)

Question:

In the introductory page to your help pages you say:
"Upon signing up to the forum you are able to post threads, and reply to the threads. However, newbie users do not have the ability to edit their profile, add an avatar, or have a signature. After being a member for 14 days, and making 25 posts you will have access to all the normal functions of the forum. To know if you are a newbie user it will say so underneath your user name"

Perhaps it is because I've been so active since I joined, but has it not been two weeks since I joined? I find that I still cannot edit options in my User CP. Just wondered about that.

I'm unsure on what basis that members are allocated such titles as "newbie, "seeker", "master" but it would seem that those represent the number of posts or the time that someonie has been on the forums. "newbie" simply denotes a newcomer to the forums, but words like "ascender" or "master" to me denotes a spiritual mastery, and if they are applied according to the number of posts or to the length of time that someone has been with the forums, to me that doesn't tally with spiritual "mastery". It reminds me of churches and other institutiions who like to stroke the ego of those who show commitment to the church - but it's not something that truly speaks to that person's level of wisdom.

I must say also that I eshew any title in or out of an orgaization that would suggest that we can know the truly wise from the "lesser" spirit. In another lifetime, the "lesser" spirit might be freed of the ties that bind them and find themself, indeed, to be the shaman and the wise one might struggle to being communicative in any sense. I don't mean to say that spirits are on a path of evolution. I do beleive that. I just dont' believe it is possible to assess it at our level of awareness, while we are in this world.

Obviously, many will disagree with me and the titles themselves might be given with the hoped for understanding that they simply reflect on the level of commitment to the forums. I'm just not comfortable with the labels used. I have *no* problem being a "newbie" at all :smile: And whatever title is given won't change my level of ignorance <shucks!> As titles go, I would prefer such words as newbie, occasional, frequent, very frequent, oldie etc.

Thank you,

emalie

14 days.. You signed up on the 1st so it's only been 12 days. You have two-three more days to go.

The titles are nothing really. Just a little fun for the forum and have no actual importance under them.

emalie
14-10-2011, 01:26 AM
Thank you for answering my questions so quickly :smile: <one day I might remember to write "smile" between colons, instead of :) >
emalie

pre-dawn
14-10-2011, 03:42 AM
I think that "Strong Opinions & Discussion" might be the safest place, especially if it would be controversial.