PDA

View Full Version : The trouble with Sai Baba calling himself God.

Honza
10-10-2011, 01:34 AM
Is that one can start assuming that God prefers India over every other country. That God Himself is in fact Indian and has Indian customs and sees things in a Hindu way.

When Sai Baba was alive he used to ARRANGE marriages. That is an Indian custom. So what does that tell us? That God prefers arranged marriages? That Indian customs are more holy than other customs?

Sai Baba displayed many characteristics of an Indian man. He saw things in a Hindu way and abided by Indian behaviour. So that implies that God feels closer to India than any other nation.

That is NOT fair. That is why one should not fall prey to calling oneself God HIMSELF. As Baba did.

All the poor other people and other countries who were not included in Babas love and attention must have felt left out. By God himself.

It is a great act of Egotism to call oneself God.

Tiss
10-10-2011, 02:41 AM
Dear Honza,

I am very far of being a Sai Baba's fan, he never moved me but, in my understanding, he used to say that God was everyone of us. Here are a couple quotes referring to God:

"God, if you think, God you are. Dust if you think, dust you are. As you think, so you become. Think God, be God."

"See God in everyone you meet;
See God in everything you handle;
Live together;
Revere each other;
Let not the seeds of envy and hate grow and choke
The clear stream of love."

"God can be addressed by any name that taste sweet to your tongue or pictured in any form that appeals to your sense of wonder and awe.
God designed in different faiths adored by different human communities are all limbs of the One God that really is.
God does not live in structures of stone or brick. He lives in soft hearts warm with sympathy and fragrant with universal love.
God has no forms, no limbs, no qualities, no preferences, no prejudices.
God has no beginning and no end. "

My personal position is neither embracing any doctrine nor following any leader in particular, including Baba. Instead of that, I take what resonates within me of each one. I think that no being has a privileged position concerning spiritual development.

Love and Light,

TISS :hug:

Honza
10-10-2011, 02:51 AM
I think that no being has a privileged position concerning spiritual development.

I would agree. Which is why I get annoyed at Baba. Because he implied that he did have a priveleged position concerning EVERYTHING. Because he was God.

I understand that we are all God. But there is a difference between saying I AM GOD and i am god.....if you see what I mean?

He literally said he was the highest one can be.

psychoslice
10-10-2011, 02:53 AM
Well presented and well said, thanks TISS.:hug3:

Tiss
10-10-2011, 03:05 AM
I agree Honza,

When someone says "I am the highest" or "I am the best"...or "I became enlightened"... well... seems there is still a looooong way to walk... :tongue:

Thanks psycho! I am pleased that you liked my post. :hug:

TISS

Amilius777
10-10-2011, 03:50 AM
I didn't know Sathya Sai Baba was sustaining our existence...and I didn't know I was sustaining my own existence.

If I were God why can't I determine the time or day that I leave my body and exhale that last bit of breath?

If Sai Baba knew anything about this religion he would know that the Great Yogis do NOT see themselves as God. Not Yogananda, not Ramakrishna. None of them. They saw themselves as children of God or "divine" when reaching a certain point.

Breath is connected to spirit, the great masters have control over breath and decay in the body but even they say by karmic compulsion (A law of God) they will need to leave their body no matter what.

Man and God may be one in "nature". But in person....No. Because I am not sustaining anything. If that is the case I hope some people will start saying I pray to Amilius777 sometimes, or so and so. I can't wait for that :rolleyes:

Skins_Princess
10-10-2011, 07:56 AM
Is that one can start assuming that God prefers India over every other country. That God Himself is in fact Indian and has Indian customs and sees things in a Hindu way.

When Sai Baba was alive he used to ARRANGE marriages. That is an Indian custom. So what does that tell us? That God prefers arranged marriages? That Indian customs are more holy than other customs?

Sai Baba displayed many characteristics of an Indian man. He saw things in a Hindu way and abided by Indian behaviour. So that implies that God feels closer to India than any other nation.

That is NOT fair. That is why one should not fall prey to calling oneself God HIMSELF. As Baba did.

All the poor other people and other countries who were not included in Babas love and attention must have felt left out. By God himself.

It is a great act of Egotism to call oneself God.

I don't think the universal god/mother nature prefers one country, race, sexuality, creed, etc over another. However when you get into minor gods and goddesses that are faucets and splinters of the main god than perhaps there's some nationality bias, but most of that is just human based IMO. Because if you look at the Hindu dieties for example most of them are always in ancient Indian garb with Indian features, and then you have celtic, Norse, Egyptians, etc gods and goddesses. And yes, technically Jesus is supposed to be a Middle Eastern Jew with darker skin but since the middle ages Europeans have been creating him in their own image for comfort and thus it continued into America. And they also say Jews are God's chosen people but that is the Christian god, who is technically not Jesus, but often times is confused to be it.

mattie
10-10-2011, 10:02 AM
Virtually all organized religions seem to have God favoring THEIR particular religion.

slave of Allaah
10-10-2011, 11:17 AM
The trouble with sai baba was not his prefering indian culture. The trouble with sai baba is that he claimed himself as a god.

There is no god but God/Allah.

And your Lord creates whatsoever He wills and chooses, no choice have they (in any matter). Glorified is All‚h, and exalted above all that they associate. (68) [Quran: Ch.28]

sai baba had no choice in his appearance. He had to be less than many people in beauty.

Beauty is God's, He enlighten therewith whom He wills.

And if All‚h were to enlarge the provision for His slaves, they would surely rebel in the earth, but He sends down by measure as He wills. Verily! He is in respect of His slaves, the Well-Aware, the All-Seer. (27) [Quran: Ch.42]

Krishna-prem
10-10-2011, 12:31 PM
Hey Slave,

Please stop proselytizing. Most of us are highly educated about Islam and know your and Islam's point of view on things. This is a Hindu subforum. If we wanted to talk Islam then we would do so but as you can see most of us here on this subforum are interested in talking about Hinduism.

Please either respectfully participate in dialog or leave us in peace.

slave of Allaah
10-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Hey Slave,

Please stop proselytizing. Most of us are highly educated about Islam and know your and Islam's point of view on things. This is a Hindu subforum. If we wanted to talk Islam then we would do so but as you can see most of us here on this subforum are interested in talking about Hinduism.

Please either respectfully participate in dialog or leave us in peace.
Hi brother/sister Krishna-prem

I remember a hindu person (I think his name was namasta, but I am not sure) was writing in Islamic sub-forum about hinduism and it seems that he believed that Islam and christianity are part of hinduism!

He was quoting hindu thoughts as well as christians' thoughts in the islamic sub-forum.

I will leave for Peace as I came for Him.

astroboy
10-10-2011, 03:18 PM
"God, if you think, God you are. Dust if you think, dust you are. As you think, so you become. Think God, be God."

"See God in everyone you meet;
See God in everything you handle;
Live together;
Revere each other;
Let not the seeds of envy and hate grow and choke
The clear stream of love."

TISS,
I think you made a relevant point here. Well appreciated by Astroboy.

Thinker108
11-10-2011, 04:01 AM
God is everywhere and in everything, God donít choose, because he has no desire. Choose is our nature. God donít prefer any nation and place. Every place is place of God.
this is your second thread about sai baba. What is in your mind?

whitelotus
11-10-2011, 04:33 AM
are you talking about sai baba or satya sai baba here??

slave of Allaah
11-10-2011, 05:26 AM
God is everywhere and in everything, God don’t choose, because he has no desire. Choose is our nature. God don’t prefer any nation and place. Every place is place of God.
God choose those who submit themselves to Him and benefit His creatures. He doesn't choose me if I oppose Him or abuse His creature.

God choosed the Earth to hold lives. He didn't choose other planets for that function.

Should not He Who has created know? And He is the Most Kind and Courteous All-Aware. (67:14)

Edit to add: I felt as if Krishna-prem was sorry, so I posted here again. No need to worry Krishna, it's ok my brother/sister.

Gem
11-10-2011, 06:28 AM
Yeah yeah everyone says God does this and God does that, so God becomes a man's image and acts like a man, and people think it really matters, so the hindu tells the muslim where to go and the earth remains in disparity...

One day this will cease and instead of worship we'll walk in the truth, cultivate trust, give no importance to the names of our institutions and be wholly intent on kindness and goodwill...

philji
03-11-2011, 06:38 PM
I first went to see Sathya Sai baba in 1973 after a powerful dream in which he askeb me to come to him... I spent time at his ashram on a number of occasions and was i think one of the first uk devotees. To deepen my meditation practice i studued and practiced tibetan buddhism from 2000 to dat but last year i again had a calling to go see Baba. He told me to come see him before he left his body. This i did in Oct 2010 and although his body was older and more frail there was still a great energy about him and being in his presence had an effect on my inner being. He was unique and in these times of negativity he was a beacon of light . He helped many people and i know angered many also. My experience of him was all positive.

Mandarava
05-11-2011, 09:03 PM
I don't think Sathya Sai Baba did say he was/is God did he? His followers may see him that way but he didn't say that himself. He did say that God is in everyone of us.
I want to share a dream I had.

I had been suffering from a sore arm for quite some time when I had a dream about Sathya Sai Baba ( I'm not a Baba devotee but I had heard of him through my partner ) anyway, In the dream, Sathya Sai Baba came to me. I was lying down on the floor and Baba was standing over me sprinkling Blue Vibuti on my sore arm. There was a pink and blue Temple surrounding us.

When I woke, my arm was still sore so I thought nothing of it. Weeks later I discovered a website. On the wesite there's an address where you can send you name, address and type of illness you have and in return you'll get free, healing vibuti. I thought I'd give it a try so I send what they asked for and nothing more. Just my name, age, illness and stamped addressed envelope. Three weeks later my Vibuti arrived.Vibuti is always grey but the one I was sent was blue!! I took it as directed and my arm got better.

I've since been to vist Sathya Sai Baba and can fully understand why the people around him believed he's God.His Temple in Puttaparthi is painted beautifully in pastel pink and blue

R.I.P Baba :>

peteyzen
05-11-2011, 10:57 PM
We each go by our experiences, and i think baba has baked your noodle a bit honza.. its what he does. I personally have had profound experiences thru baba. Yes he said he was an avatar, my experience of him is that he was exactly what he said he was. He happened to be in india, so worked with those close by him, if he had been in america he would have done the same, but, in america, because he wasnt jesus, he would not have been so easily accepted.

Greybeard
13-11-2011, 11:49 AM
There is no god but Ba'al, and Miss Piggy his Prophet.

philji
13-11-2011, 03:37 PM
WE love to judge.. our minds are so keen to lable and judge... we are all thinking we are experts when in reality we know nothing at all.